Thread: Boston Marathon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Really? We can't even have running marathons anymore without threat of danger(s)? What is this world coming to?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Really? We can't even have running marathons anymore without threat of danger(s)? What is this world coming to?
    Running marathons are as "dangerous" as they have always been. Don't allow emotions to overblow the reality of the situation, the media will be doing more than enough of that shit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Running marathons are as "dangerous" as they have always been. Don't allow emotions to overblow the reality of the situation, the media will be doing more than enough of that shit.
    Decent people react emotionally to terrible events, it's natural and normal. The opposite is to coldly analyze everything in the attempt to condescend those that don't (see: the gun thread).

To what Space Suicide said, no fucking kidding. It's getting to the point where nothing's safe...I know (before it gets said) nothing ever really was, but a marathon? What's the agenda here other than just being a fuckbag? Someone that is worthy of the worst punishment I can conceive...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Decent people react emotionally to terrible events, it's natural and normal. The opposite is to coldly analyze everything in the attempt to condescend those that don't (see: the gun thread).

To what Space Suicide said, no fucking kidding. It's getting to the point where nothing's safe...I know (before it gets said) nothing ever really was, but a marathon? What's the agenda here other than just being a fuckbag? Someone that is worthy of the worst punishment I can conceive...
    aaaaand the knee-jerk emotional bullshit starts again (yes, just like the gun thread).

You know who isn't letting emotion take over logic? Every single first responder that is helping those people, every single person who will ever do anything productive to better a situation in the short or long term. Not all humans are as concerned about their personal emotions as you indicate.

I'll just sit back and wait for the claims that we are somehow more at risk now and how we need to make things safer. You go ahead and do the emotional thing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Of course with exhaustion and dehydration but I just implicated the fact that something like this even has potential mass destruction danger to worry about when it shouldn't.