Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Ok so now the Boston PD is tweeting that NO arrest has been made.

Can we get it straight for once?!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    when ABC news broke into regular programming a little while ago, they said that an arrest could be made "very soon" based on surveillance video from Lord & Taylor, but nothing yet.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Anonymous has taken over the WBC's Facebook page

In retaliation for them saying they were going to "attend" the funerals of the Boston attack victims.

Don't fuck with Anonymous.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The media is going to jump on any hint of news right now since there is a lack of anything to report on. Let them continue to chew on their own faces.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Seen on twitter:
    CNN confirms: Schrodinger's cat definitely alive... probably. Box still closed. But totally alive for sure. Or dead.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Anonymous has taken over the WBC's Facebook page

In retaliation for them saying they were going to "attend" the funerals of the Boston attack victims.

Don't fuck with Anonymous.
    That page never belonged to WBC. It was created by Anon and has been run by them for months now.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Seen on twitter:
    CNN confirms: Schrodinger's cat definitely alive... probably. Box still closed. But totally alive for sure. Or dead.
    "Maybe CNN can get that Dove Real Beauty campaign sketch artist to draw the suspect as others see him, but also as he sees himself."

edit: for those who haven't seen it yet:

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That was a pretty neat video.

Buzzfeed has been a good source for information
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/s...dly-in-custody

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Is there a surge in weird activity the last few days or is it due to a surge in reporting abnormal stuff?
    In my area there has been a coordinated attack on a power substation and phone lines that left them offline for a while. There was just a big gas leak from a pipe breach a few miles from the giant San Bruno gas explosion that made national news. I know that most of the SF Bay area went on high alert immediately after the Boston explosions but... wtf

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Because DigitalChaos. Seriously. This is what he does in every thread, and every thread turns into what this is turning into. Can we get some flood control or something?
    We do have a shiny ignore button. I advise everyone to use it.

--------

I would be hesitant to go by anything the MSM are reporting, especially television, because 1) everyone is in a race to have a scoop, regardless of whether the so-called "facts" have been confirmed and 2)questionable sources.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...g-fact-fiction

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    speculation by bbc security boffin Frank Gardner on lines of enquiry http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22192379

I'm surprised north korea gets mentioned but mexican cartels don't, but whatever, maybe it's not that likely

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Boston Marathon

wtf all hell has broken loose in Watertown and at MIT. I guess MIT was just given the all-clear but the Twitter feed and police scanner and live feeds of this stuff is surreal!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...own-mit/64379/
    Apparently the suspects are the ones from the bombing. One is supposedly in custody, though I heard on a news feed that he was dead.

edit: NBC reported they found a pressure cooker at the Watertown crime scene.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 04-19-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They said the one suspect is dead, and the other one is still at large.Who was the naked guy then?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I've been glued to this for the past few hours: https://twitter.com/dannysullivan/watertown

Edit: Late nights + twitter do not always facts make.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am still wondering who the naked guy is? They confirmed that suspect one is dead, and one is still at large? Who was the guy also laying on the ground with his arms spread? Are there more then 2 people? Eh,I am going to bed. We will know more later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, the naked guy was nobody. Wrong place, wrong time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This Middlesex DA press release sums up the current state of events. For the non-massholes, Cambridge and Watertown are both in Middlesex county.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    BBC is refusing to name names but AP reports suspect is a Chechen national
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-su...cambridge-mass

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They're also brothers. Neither one is the missing Brown student.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wow! Crazy stuff happening.

And who saw that one coming? Possibly Chechen rebels?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    BBC has put together a short profile of them which suggests chechen/islamist links

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22219116

Doesn't look good

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I hope this doesn't turn into a Jean Charles de Menezes situation

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The pic of the dead suspect in the morgue is fuckin' gnarly...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Boston Marathon

Having lived in Watertown and Boston at one time, traveling those roads and neighborhoods I imagine they are as quiet as when we have blizzards and they ask folks to stay off the roads. But to have to stay locked in your home, so unreal for Americans.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Woke up to a bunch of idiots ranting about how Islam needs to "clean house before the US does it for them" and similar stupid statements.

Everyone is dissecting one of the suspect's youtube pages: http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyf...Fmuazseyfullah

And this isn't going to help the conspiracy nuts: http://www.minds.com/blog/view/53725...ramed-his-sons

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Where did this whole "Muslims did it" thing come from? I could be talking out of my ass here, but seems more like domestic terrorism. Couldn't tell you WHY, though.
    There you go, both.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    And this isn't going to help the conspiracy nuts: http://www.minds.com/blog/view/53725...ramed-his-sons
    As much as I really don't want to be associated with the conspiracy nuts, I couldn't help but think it when I heard Chechen terrorists.
    Maybe I have been taken in by the 'conspiracy' bug, but since reading Litvenenko's account of the Dagestan apartment bombings in Blowing up Russia, I'm pretty skeptical of Chechen terrorism. I'm not convinced that wasn't an FSB plan to foment another war with Chechnya.
    But again this doesn't really reflect on the Boston bombings, it's hard to equate that situation with this.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minpin View Post
    As much as I really don't want to be associated with the conspiracy nuts, I couldn't help but think it when I heard Chechen terrorists.
    Maybe I have been taken in by the 'conspiracy' bug, but since reading Litvenenko's account of the Dagestan apartment bombings in Blowing up Russia, I'm pretty skeptical of Chechen terrorism. I'm not convinced that wasn't an FSB plan to foment another war with Chechnya.
    But again this doesn't really reflect on the Boston bombings, it's hard to equate that situation with this.
    There is no problem with being skeptical. In fact, it's fucking awesome. I wish more people were! You go into conspiracy nut land when you start accepting the conspiracy through a lack of skepticism in the opposite direction. Official reports do not automatically mean truth. Actual conspiracies have happened.
    I had a coworker and good friend who retired from the Department of Defense. His time there caused him to not trust a single thing the government ever said. He war labeled a conspiracy nut by most of the right-wing people during the Bush years. I wish he was around to see Rachel Maddow's "Hubris" circulating so heavily in the public spotlight.