Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails and Beyonce are headlining the same festival?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails and Beyonce are headlining the same festival?

Nine Inch Nails and Beyonce are co-headlining the 2103 Budweiser Made in America Festival in Philly....what kind of alternate reality do we live in that Beyonce and Trent are on the same concert poster? I enjoy Beyonce sashaying as much as the next, but it's hard to picture NIN fans and Beyonce in the same venue lol.

Source: http://wp.me/p2TETC-1J5

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    There's a long history of odd bills at these things.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Love the picture they used for Trent.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    i'm sorry trent, imma let you finish you headline set, but beyonce is one of the best festival headliners of all time.
    of all time!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Saw that yesterday and thought it was kinda funny. Beyonce and NIN...together at last!

Good ol' beer-drinkin' music, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If they were to do a song together....which would it be? I would love to hear Trent sing "Halo" lol...i think it would actually sounds pretty good.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Public Enemy's playing this festival, too — you guys gonna make some dumb jokes about that as well? Lol who let *them* in the Rck and Roll Hall of Fame?!

I mean, is it really so weird that disparate music acts with big radio hits all share billing at the same festival? Heaven forbid you don't have everything spoon-fed to you in neat, easy compartments.
    Last edited by botley; 04-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If he liked it, he should've put a ringfinger on it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Who cares?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Public Enemy's playing this festival, too — you guys gonna make some dumb jokes about that as well? Lol who let *them* in the Rck and Roll Hall of Fame?!

I mean, is it really so weird that disparate music acts with big radio hits all share billing at the same festival? Heaven forbid you don't have everything spoon-fed to you in neat, easy compartments.
    LOL, rage much?

I don't think anyone's offended or confused or whatever, it's just a funny and odd contrast that's worth a chuckle or two.

Pretty cool line-up, actually.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive because of some of the horribly embarrassing NIN fans at the HTDA show yesterday, but I'm with Botley. Y'all (and the point of this thread) are weird.

Good lineup. I'd like to be there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nycPRowler View Post
    Nine Inch Nails and Beyonce are co-headlining the 2103 Budweiser Made in America Festival in Philly....what kind of alternate reality do we live in that Beyonce and Trent are on the same concert poster? I enjoy Beyonce sashaying as much as the next, but it's hard to picture NIN fans and Beyonce in the same venue lol.

Source: http://wp.me/p2TETC-1J5
    was your use of sashaying a Sasha fierce pun? Because it better have been.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'd like to point out that you don't necessarily need to be a HARDCORE fan on an artist to enjoy live music. For those lucky enough to be there; chill out, open your mind a little, and enjoy the festival. . .

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    So should I toss Kylie and all the fun pop out of my music library? I'm confused.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Didn't NIN tour with a circus once

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Maybe it's not so much against Beyoncé (hey, there's much much worst than her out there) that it is about how strange it is seeing those two names right next to each other on a poster?

BEYONCÉ NINE INCH NAILS

(and everyone else)

I have a lot of imagination but never in a million years would I have been able to come up with this.

And I still think that back in the golden age of the Photoshop thread, there would have been a dozen pics of Pointing Trent and Beyoncé posted already.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails and Beyonce are headlining the same festival?

It is a two day festival with two headliners so they aren't playing the same day. I don't know what the problem is.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    "Nine Inch" nails Beyonce. <---- wouldve been a good April Fools joke. Jay Z changes name to 9".

Anyways as others have said there's been worse. Kanye West and NIN co-headlined Lollapalooza back in '08. One of the things I clearly remember from that night was all the "Kanye Sucks!!" chants as everyone was filing out to the streets.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    These things usually have multiple stages with different types of music.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyways as others have said there's been worse. Kanye West and NIN co-headlined Lollapalooza back in '08. One of the things I clearly remember from that night was all the "Kanye Sucks!!" chants as everyone was filing out to the streets.
    "There's been worse" than what? Two artists people love headlining a festival? What the devil are you even going on about?

I don't see anyone rushing to point out that on a record sales level (in, say, the last 10 years), NIN really SHOULDN'T be next to Beyonce on that poster. But they are, and that's fucking awesome for everyone, and maybe NIN will even get some cool attention from it instead of just us hopeless nerds hanging on his every move.

And what kind of idiot would turn NIN and Kanye co-headlining into a competition? Everybody wins in that situation! Except for fans of both, of which I know many. Trent likes Kanye. Kanye fucking LOVES Trent, as we've seen from his many shoutouts. In that situation the only losers are music fans with pathetically closed minds.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think maybe some of us are taking the original post a bit too seriously. Beyonce is pretty much standing on top of the world now - it really is incredible that NIN is a co-headliner considering the band hasn't existed for the past four years.

Why is it considered so strange, anyway? This is what festivals are about. At least, this is what I thought festivals were about - bringing together diverse acts for the sake of getting the biggest crowds possible. It's not like NIN's fuckin' opening for Beyonce.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If only it were Sheryl Crow, then Trent could have made Pussygrinder a real song.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    "There's been worse" than what? Two artists people love headlining a festival? What the devil are you even going on about?

I don't see anyone rushing to point out that on a record sales level (in, say, the last 10 years), NIN really SHOULDN'T be next to Beyonce on that poster. But they are, and that's fucking awesome for everyone, and maybe NIN will even get some cool attention from it instead of just us hopeless nerds hanging on his every move.

And what kind of idiot would turn NIN and Kanye co-headlining into a competition? Everybody wins in that situation! Except for fans of both, of which I know many. Trent likes Kanye. Kanye fucking LOVES Trent, as we've seen from his many shoutouts. In that situation the only losers are music fans with pathetically closed minds.
    just wanted to write about how right you are. honestly, I'm not a big Jay-Z/Beyonce fan (though I think Kanye is great), but like... NIN isn't even in the same stratosphere of popularity as Beyonce, which means that when they were picked to headline, they were picked out of respect by the curators. I think thats pretty fucking cool -- nice to see NIN getting some credit from the biggest mogul in music right now.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ Holy shit Kim K, CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!

Anyways, I honestly don't have an issue with Beyonce co-headlining a festival with NIN. Honestly think it's good pub for NIN and don't mind her music one bit. If you like the hack that is Kanye is so be it. I don't give a fuck if Trent likes Kanye (which I doubt) or not- he sucks in my opinion and I'm somewhat open minded about rap/hip hop.

Put away the sauce and go to bed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

thats weird, considering Kanye went out of the way to not make it a competition (and said some nice things about NIN in the process) http://www.gigwise.com/news/45323/Ka...ils-Good-Music

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    thats weird, considering Kanye went out of the way to not make it a competition (and said some nice things about NIN in the process) http://www.gigwise.com/news/45323/Ka...ils-Good-Music
    My opinion of Kanye West and his music won't change because he may or may not be a fan of Trent, and was spotted at one of the Wave Goodbye shows. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek and like Final Destiny quoted it wasn't meant to be a serious thing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ^^^ Holy shit Kim K, CHILL THE FUCK OUT!!!

Anyways, I honestly don't have an issue with Beyonce co-headlining a festival with NIN. Honestly think it's good pub for NIN and don't mind her music one bit. If you like the hack that is Kanye is so be it. I don't give a fuck if Trent likes Kanye (which I doubt) or not- he sucks in my opinion and I'm somewhat open minded about rap/hip hop.

Put away the sauce and go to bed.
    You're embarrassing yourself.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Could be worse?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Maybe now they can finally perform tracks from Strobe Light!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    remembering Trent commenting on sharing rehearsal space with Britney Spears. saying he was impressed with all the hard work and production. it will only benefit nin, without a doubt.