Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.01 - Philadelphia, PA @ Made in America Fest

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Estimated precipation = 0.04 in

That ain't rain, bro. It looks like it's gonna be a lovely day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Still waiting on those set times.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Still stalking cheap tickets on Stubhub. Ugh.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Estimated precipation = 0.04 in

That ain't rain, bro. It looks like it's gonna be a lovely day.
    My phone says thunderstorms. I like your report better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

NIN 930-11

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Damn. I was really hoping that they would give NIN a full 2 hours this year.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Damn. I was really hoping that they would give NIN a full 2 hours this year.
    They probably didn't ask for a full two hours. Love it or hate it, this show is very planned out and it comes to about an hour and a half.

In other news, Diarrhea Planet is an awesome band name. I think I'll have to check them out while I'm there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    730-11 has the chance to be the best ever 210 minutes of my life...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They have the visuals planned out for at least 26-27 songs, possibly more. A 2 hour festival set wouldn't have been completely out of the question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They have the visuals planned out for at least 26-27 songs, possibly more. A 2 hour festival set wouldn't have been completely out of the question.
    Lolla was 1.45 for NIN 1.15 for Queens, and only 45 mins in between not an hour, I guess that's the difference between a well established festival and an up and coming one, Pearl Jam had 2 hours last year too

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah but Trent gets a little OCD about those things. Even though he has enough rehearsed materials for a two hour set I would have been very surprised if he deviated from what we've been getting. We'll be getting Sanctified or Disappointed but not both. And while I would love a three hour set I wasn't expecting one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Lolla was 1.45 for NIN 1.15 for Queens, and only 45 mins in between not an hour, I guess that's the difference between a well established festival and an up and coming one, Pearl Jam had 2 hours last year too
    I've never been to a festival so I don't know how it usually works but I have noticed it set up so that other bands are playing during the interludes between bands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone up for a beer or two in the afternoon before QOTSA goes on stage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got extra tickets for face value if anyone is looking. My NIN friend from Boston can't make it to the show so he's overnight mailing me 4 tickets total - 2 for Saturday, and 2 for Sunday. He spent $100 on a pair of Saturday + Sunday tickets, then $150 for another pair of Saturday + Sunday tickets. Would prefer to sell them as pairs, but can sell individual tickets for either day around $50-$75. I'm not a scalper, just trying to help my friend get reimbursed since he can't make the show and would rather the tickets goto NIN fans rather than random people on craigslist.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I really only care about seeing Queens and NIN. If I show up at 6:30 am I going to get shafted at a good spot? I have no idea how big this place is going to be, never been to a festival before.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    So I really only care about seeing Queens and NIN. If I show up at 6:30 am I going to get shafted at a good spot? I have no idea how big this place is going to be, never been to a festival before.
    There's the whole VIP section thing. I'm pretty certain 6:30 am is unnecessary. Not to mention, you clearly have a powerful bladder.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    From the festival's twitter: Not in Philly this wkend? We'll be live-streaming on our @YouTube (http://bit.ly/1dSWv5g ) & @Spotify (http://spoti.fi/17oocyg ) channels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So how does the VIP section work, are they taking up the entire front row? Will there be any front access for Gen Adm? And offer still stands for anyone who wants to grab drinks prior to QOTSA during the daytime.

-Alex

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    According to last year's map, no and yes.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by username0606 View Post
    So how does the VIP section work, are they taking up the entire front row? Will there be any front access for Gen Adm? And offer still stands for anyone who wants to grab drinks prior to QOTSA during the daytime.

-Alex
    I still want to know how access to the VIP area is granted (see above post). And if anyone wants to meet up beforehand pm me. I might not respond until tomorrow but I'm up for it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If I understand your question correctly, it's granted by you wearing a special wristband or laminate. (And you get a special wristband or laminate if you'd purchased a VIP ticket.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    If I understand your question correctly, it's granted by you wearing a special wristband or laminate. (And you get a special wristband or laminate if you'd purchased a VIP ticket.)
    The main point of the question is "is it something I can buy off of a non-NIN fan who is leaving early?" The answer looks like it might be yes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wish I knew how close the VIP section was, then maybe I would have bought it. I hope I'll be able to bum one off someone leaving.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I wish I knew how close the VIP section was, then maybe I would have bought it. I hope I'll be able to bum one off someone leaving.
    I think they were something like $500 or so. If I'm right, they're not worth it unless "close to the stage" means "on the stage."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    There was a special through Gilt for "only" $199 for one day ($50 off). I considered it, and asked the MIA Twitter twice about VIP areas (location, etc.) and never got an answer. Annoying.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    In other news, Diarrhea Planet is an awesome band name. I think I'll have to check them out while I'm there.
    I literally lol'ed when I saw that banner of set times that gorny540 posted.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Off to Philly (and NYC)! Any recommendations of any kind? :P

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    NIN is playing in Philly this weekend.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    53rd/6th halal. You'll go, eat some, then wonder WTF IS THIS OVERRATED SHIT. Then you'll go home and crave it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Also if we all rush the VIP entrance they can't stop us all.

Or at least that worked at NIN/Bowie lol.