Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.01 - Philadelphia, PA @ Made in America Fest

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    you guys comfortable buying off stubhub? never have before, and the tix are $20 cheaper from what i've been seeing. ticketmaster has an $18 surcharge on top of the ticket price. just dont want to drive down and get screwed. is it better to do the instant download option for tix?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    i probably should have read a page back...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    set times will be posted monday august 26th...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So it's official. I'm going to be there. How many other ninnies will be there getting bored before QOTSA?

(as a side note. Every other band there other than NIN/QOTSA is someone I either don't care about or haven't heard of, at least on day 2 - Public Enemy is day 1 - but does anybody know if any of the bands I haven't heard of are any good? Obviously you don't know which ones I haven't heard of, but if you know any bands besides QOTSA/NIN that are any good and playing on Sunday, let me know.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ill be seeing Robert Delong solely because he drummed on my friend's record.

Florence Welch will be showing up for Calvin Harris' set so that might be good.

The Gaslight Anthem and Fitz & The Tantrums should be putting on some good shows as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Looks like this will be my 16th NIN show. Just scored tickets on Stubhub, $60 each and only one $4.95 fee to print instantly. I'd say that's a damn good price. The hotel will probably be that for just one night. I was planning on just going to the DC show in October, but being that QOTSA is also playing and they're not doing any shows near us this year, it seemed like a good excuse to make the drive up to Philly. I've never actually gone to a festival before. It seems like some of you have been to this particular fest last year. Looking at Google Maps and the map on the festival website, it doesn't look like that big of an area, do you need to be close to the front to get a good show? We really only want to see NIN and QOTSA, so we will probably hang back for everything else, but we don't want to get shafted on a view for the good stuff. Any advice for a festival noob?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Is anyone driving down from NYC who could potentially give a guy a ride?

I'm nice, wear deodorant, would make a trip playlist / bring snacks / put in for gas!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    if anyone is still looking for hotels, i'm probably staying here http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/...TES/index.html

$65 a night plus 16k hilton points. i have 378k points from all the travel i do, not to rub it in.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It just hit me that this is only eleven days away.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    If anyone wants to take a stab and record the show with RITC's DAT recording rig like @DigitalChaos did for Outslde Lands Festival, send me a PM/Email.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    If anyone wants to take a stab and record the show with RITC's DAT recording rig like @DigitalChaos did for Outslde Lands Festival, send me a PM/Email.
    Do you know if this show will be streamed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im going alone, ugh. I didnt think this would happen but im not missing it. only headed from NYC for second day. figured that at least one on my real life friends would also be going I was wrong. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    CBH towel from the Fuji Rock Festival
    wait what?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    wait what?
    http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/slobass...33455/sizes/o/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Seven days you guys. SEVEN FUCKING DAYS.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm guessing that's a folded full-size black towel with the HM square design? I'm not sure if I think that's awesome or weird. Probably both.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    No, it's not folded in the picture. You can see some of the other bands' towels in the pic as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It looks like a scarf more than a towel. I remember seeing Depeche Mode scarves from a lot of the 80's and 90's tours.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Yea. Looks like a soccer (football) scarf.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The white is terrycloth and "マフラータオル" means muffler towel, but I suppose it can be used as a scarf.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    just scored my tickets off stubhub. so freakin pumped to see this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The festival's facebook now says that Set Times and Site Map is coming tomorrow, who needs the Troubadour show we're getting the last show for this current festival production run!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Fern View Post
    im going alone, ugh. I didnt think this would happen but im not missing it. only headed from NYC for second day. figured that at least one on my real life friends would also be going I was wrong. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
    yeah I'm pretty much in the same situation as it looks like I got bailed on for Sunday, but I could care less as I will get to see my two favorite bands play, luckily I have a buddy's apartment to stay at in Philly after the show

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Not seeing any map for this year, but I can't imagine it would be too different from last year?
    And the "set times"... is that just the awkward blocks of names with no explanation?

Maybe they're just behind in updating this stuff... though I'm happy to read that last year they had cell phone charging stations and filtered water available. Both are nice considering I'll be in the park from 11/12 till whenever the fuck NIN plays, probably dicking around on my cell phone trying to stay hydrated.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Is access to the VIP area granted via wristbands? I'm thinking the schizophrenic nature of the lineup could lead to a number of hip hop fans with no interest in NIN who could be bribed into giving them up (since they're on last anyway) if I show up with scissors, tape and a few extra bucks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They're getting ridiculous, last week they said set times will be out Monday, yesterday they said it'd be out today, and today they haven't posted anything. Just show me what time NIN is playing til god dammit!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So does anyone have any clue about how much it'll cost me to park for this? Just trying to get my ducks in a row.
    What time does everyone plan on showing up to this? I want to go super early but man I hate festivals.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    So does anyone have any clue about how much it'll cost me to park for this? Just trying to get my ducks in a row.
    What time does everyone plan on showing up to this? I want to go super early but man I hate festivals.
    If you don't mind walking, you can pretty easily find or cheap parking in other parts of the city. There's a parking garage at 15th Street between Vine St and Spring St that's something like $5 for the day, which is about the best you're going to find, aside from parking in a residential area. It's about a 20 minute walk from the art museum, but it's a walk up the Ben Franklin parkway, which is quite nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excited!!!

Been waiting for this date for a while. Flying from Mexico City.

2 hour set sounds like fun. I just hope we get lucky and they play Sanctified

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So far I see rain on the forecast.