Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    We decided to do Green Bay, too. Mostly because it's closer and so we only have to take one day off work since it's a Friday. We also just saw Mastodon and figure their setlist will probably be mostly the same, but shorter. This is my 21st show of the year and it'll be my 7th time seeing Ghost!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Killer lineup. Make sure to get there for Spiritbox & watch Courtney belt it out.

Debating between Trenton & LI. Both are kinda equally annoying for me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I meant to post about it on Sunday, but I saw Ghost and Volbeat on Saturday and managed to make it one person from the rail for the whole show and it was AMAZING. If anyone has been on the fence about seeing them live, I can't recommend seeing these guys enough. This was my 6th time seeing Ghost and it might have been the best one so far. In fact, it was my first show of 2022 and if not for the fact that I just got tickets for NIN, I'd say they're an early contender for best concert of the year.
    How did it compare to the shows towards the end of the Prequelle tour? I am asking because I have developed buyers remorse for NOT going to the Lincoln NE pre-Imperitor tour show that I had a ticket for back in February.

A little background. I was pretty psyched for the show leading up to the day prior, only to have to close at work the day prior and be back at 5am (day of the show) to work unexpectedly. I had been struggling with depression and anxiety pretty bad, so by the time I drove down to Omaha from Sioux Falls, I was tired and pissed off, and at the time, not wanting to deal with sitting through Volbeat for a shorter setlist, with songs I really really liked (Absolution, Miasma, and He Is to name a few) getting dropped for the boring (IMO) Hunters Moon and a cover of one of the most overplayed rock songs of all time. (I also did not want to deal with my recording rig and I am still feeling like I have to tape everything, something I have been trying to separate myself from. )

Did I miss out big time? I shouldn't have just let a hundred dollar concert ticket to waste like that...

To remedy the situation, I have manage to find a way to make the Peoria IL show in September work! It's gonna be a crazy week, Tenacious D, Ghost and Mastodon, and NIN and Ministry! Got general admission too!

(If you read all this thank you, I just need to vent. I feel like an idiot for just sitting in my hotel room, pissed off and stoned, when I could have been rocking out. Drove all that way and wasted all that money for nothing. I made the most out of the next day thought down there, hit up Spaghetti Works and Homers and a few other places, but still I'm mad at myself )
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 07-30-2022 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I didn't really listen to the new album much until recently and goddamn you guys were right about Griftwood. As catchy as Square Hammer and Dance Macabre and it kicks ass.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Chapter 12 coming out today!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wonder if the tape at the end is just another joke or if it's actually indicating an upcoming SNL appearance.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I hope so!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    How did it compare to the shows towards the end of the Prequelle tour? I am asking because I have developed buyers remorse for NOT going to the Lincoln NE pre-Imperitor tour show that I had a ticket for back in February.

A little background. I was pretty psyched for the show leading up to the day prior, only to have to close at work the day prior and be back at 5am (day of the show) to work unexpectedly. I had been struggling with depression and anxiety pretty bad, so by the time I drove down to Omaha from Sioux Falls, I was tired and pissed off, and at the time, not wanting to deal with sitting through Volbeat for a shorter setlist, with songs I really really liked (Absolution, Miasma, and He Is to name a few) getting dropped for the boring (IMO) Hunters Moon and a cover of one of the most overplayed rock songs of all time. (I also did not want to deal with my recording rig and I am still feeling like I have to tape everything, something I have been trying to separate myself from. )

Did I miss out big time? I shouldn't have just let a hundred dollar concert ticket to waste like that...

To remedy the situation, I have manage to find a way to make the Peoria IL show in September work! It's gonna be a crazy week, Tenacious D, Ghost and Mastodon, and NIN and Ministry! Got general admission too!

(If you read all this thank you, I just need to vent. I feel like an idiot for just sitting in my hotel room, pissed off and stoned, when I could have been rocking out. Drove all that way and wasted all that money for nothing. I made the most out of the next day thought down there, hit up Spaghetti Works and Homers and a few other places, but still I'm mad at myself )
    not trying to rub it in, but i caught their NJ show from that tour and it was ridiculously fun. I had a great time and loved most of the setlist. Scroll through below.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Gonna see Ghost tonight! Looking forward to seeing Mastodon too. My first concert since Covid - very excited!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Ghost concert on Saturday was a lot of fun!

I had never been been to UBS Arena before - but it's a great venue! It's not too big, any place you had a seat was a good view. And also surprisingly squeaky clean! Even the bathrooms! Even my husband commented on the bathrooms, and you know that's not a guy conversation, haha.

Mastodon was great too. Since when do they have a keyboard player?
    We caught them mid-way through their set because of traffic on the Cross Island Parkway (as there always is) but from what we saw was awesome. They ended with Mother Puncher *throws up the horns*

Ghost was fun as always. I will say, this was the calmest crowd I've ever seen. We had seats on the first row of the section, and I wanted to stand and dance - but our whole section was sitting down the entire time! I felt bad and didn't want to be a dick and block anyone's view, so I ended up sitting down most of the time. Are we that old now that we sit down for a rock concert? Towards the end, Papa announced, "We have 3 songs left..." so I fucking stood up and got my 3 songs in, lol.
    They played a couple of old songs - including "Prime Mover" ! I lost my shit on that one. One dude behind me tapped my shoulder and said, "SISTER!!! IS THIS PRIME MOVER?!" (I was dressed in a sister outfit, if ya'll haven't seen my IG yet) and we high fived and headbanged on.

The venue wasn't sold out either, which was kind of sad to see. The GA was only half full, and the seats were like 60% full. I was shocked, especially since it was a Saturday night. Oh well. I had 4 empty seats next to me, which was fine, more room for us!

Looking forward to what's next for Ghost!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love Ghost (and probably one of my favorite bands) and the success they are having now as they deserve it but man, all these mainstream dog and pony show things coupled with the goofy theatrics of Copia/IV along with the lawsuit have killed any to all mystique of evil and sinister edge they had to their appearance/mythos.

Never thought I'd read that. The NASCAR sponsorship earlier this year was also a headscratcher.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That should be a sight to see.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    That should be a sight to see.
    It was.

https://metalinjection.net/news/watc...at-an-mlb-game

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

His bat is like Negan's! <3 @Erneuert @elevenism

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    And playing "Disco Inferno" as his entrance song was genius.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not a Sox fan, but I have to give them props for inviting Papa IV.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

downstream of a tweet about Papa and I just can't tell if they're joking with each other or serious. I tend towards serious.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "You know what, Sultarian? I can't hear a goddamn thing you're saying..."

Marvelous.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New level of fandom achieved by yours truly. I need a chasuble.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's awesome @Space Suicide !

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "How is this even possible?!?"

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)