Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ghost BC

I didn't find the group here. So i Create this post.

In few days, the record will be in shop.
    Ghost bc - infestissumam

http://vevo.ly/13j2GNw
    Last edited by GGG; 08-07-2015 at 04:38 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    sadly Infestissumam has been delayed til the 16th because of the banned art work in North America.

Hope they release the deluxe edition in Europe too so we can have the complete art work.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Saw them in Brixton a couple of weeks ago - superb live show. New songs sound great. "Year Zero" has so much impact live. This band has filled the Akercocke-shaped void in my life, the camp/arch occult rock torch has been passed

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Someone please post links to their best songs because everything I've so far heard from and about these guys has been a joke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's kind of funny because I only first heard of them recently when someone here was joking about how a band called Ghost had a song called Year Zero (get it?). I've actually seen one of their videos come up as related on VEVO, will have to check them out.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    best songs are year zero, ritual, secular haze, con clavi con duo... but if you don't like one song, you probably won't like any others! They sound like Blue Oyster Cult

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So,I've just watched their video for Secular Haze... that was weird, to say the least.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    One of the reasons I was pumped to see Mastodon with Opeth last year was Ghost opening...so good live. So campy, love it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Ghost BC

I can't wait to see them on the 15th!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it's hard to say what is their best songs cause their fisrt album is really realy good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is a really really good band! To me one of the most interesting new bands around today. You should start simply by listening the whole Opus Eponymous album. Not a single weak track there. And I have a feeling that the new album is going to be even more awesome. Well, we'll find that out next week!

Oh, and to me it will be just Ghost forever. Luckily this B.C. is just for USA.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I love this band. The look of them doesn't match the music they put out which is part of their charm. They remind me of 70's era Sabbath, or Blue Cheer or Blue Oyster Cult. A lot of their stuff sounds like it could fit on a classic rock station honestly. Hoping to see them at Coachella if they don't interfere with something.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I just love the end of "Ritual"... unashamed blue oyster thievery, seriously it puts a smile on my face every time, they're obviously having such a ball

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New album leaked today. I couldn't resist (as usual) and it is fantastic! It is a bit different than the previous album; much more catchier and less doomy and I'd say more massive. The opening is really cool. Now just I hope to get the LP in the mail ASAP (I guess on Tuesday or Wednesday). The packaging looks really good, check the video below. Also the digital download has one unheard bonus track (the other one is the ABBA cover).

Last edited by konkelo; 04-07-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The band is pretty hilarious, but the music itself doesn't do much for me... even if it is fun to have some guy dressed up like the pope in corpse paint sing lyrics like "Satan's power is the greatest."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New album streaming on Pitchfork Advance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New album is fantastic IMO. I like every song. Band seems less gimmicky than they did on the debut (don't get me wrong, it was a great record, but had more of a novel appeal than a serious musical intrigue about it). There's some really great songwriting going on here. Also, I find the entire concept of the band to be absolutely hilarious.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just listened to Year Zero... wow, good job Thread. Where do the new fans sign up? Looking forward to purchasing an album, am addicted to this song!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, this stuff isn't bad at all. Add this band to my "check out" list at Lollapalooza this summer!

Just heard the new album yesterday, I like it better than the first. The song "Year Zero" is awesome!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Year Zero live is AMAZING... I know I've said it before, but it really is epic. It has a similar feel to when Manson would do that ACSS song with the podium & banners. This new album is great... this band should do the next bond theme. Seriously put a bond title sequence on mute and stick Secular Haze on

I absolutely love the jiggolo meggido song, and I thought I would hate the zombie queen song, but by the end I was hooked (how many metal bands throw a bit of brass section in there)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is one of my favorite bands of the last couple years. Saw them last summer and hope to see them again sometime this year.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Picked up the album today, I love it. Will have to grab their first album soon too then. A strange band, but a winner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    don't mean to sound like a broken record but this album would be perfect if not for the damn clipping.

Still miles ahead of the debut in my opinion. Every track is a winner.

Very pleased that the CD versions come with the banned artwork, except in the US I believe.

Personally like Depth of Satan's Eye best.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Only just realised the cover is a riff on this!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And also:

Last edited by Maximilian; 04-26-2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Picture disappeared.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    on a random note, I always see this face when I listen to Ghuleh/Zombie Queen

ghuleh! ghuleh!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    ghoulie means testicle in the UK, so I try to be as mature as possible.

Epic song btw! Ghost's Bohemian Rhapsody

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Personally like Depth of Satan's Eye best.
    That part at about 2m30s gets me going every time.

Monstrance Clock is pretty awesome too. Great album. These guys have to be taking the piss about their theme though right? They're not satanic at all, are they.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    of course they are. they are so over the top. it's all theatrical comedy in good fun. completely harmless.