Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co....rdinal-bundle/

If you're inclined to own one. That's the issue I bought but they have 5 editions in total. Of course the one with everything is sold out.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I wonder how much Papa Nihil is going to be involved with the show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    New chapter.
    And I think there's a new Ghost song played in this, and I love it!
    It's a slower/upbeat song about death and dying. But, it's awesome.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Those two arena shows announced for the fall are mighty ambitious. Guess they have some feelers out that say the singles from the new album are gonna take these guys to the next level. Certainly could be possible

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So I am attending the MMRBQ in Camden on May 19th. Ghost is playing between STP and AIC. What's the best material for me to familiarize myself with in advance of that? Or should I just head up to the lawn and smoke some pot during their set? Also, why is this thread called Ghost "BC"? Is there another band with a similar name?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    So I am attending the MMRBQ in Camden on May 19th. Ghost is playing between STP and AIC. What's the best material for me to familiarize myself with in advance of that? Or should I just head up to the lawn and smoke some pot during their set? Also, why is this thread called Ghost "BC"? Is there another band with a similar name?
    There was another band in the US named Ghost, so they had to change the name to Ghost BC for a short time in the US only. I suppose this thread was created during that time.

I'm sure the show will be a "greatest hits" plus some new tracks thrown in, so you could easily just go in blind and get the gist of it. But if you like to sing along....

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    I would say you could look at their previous setlists on setlist.fm to get a good idea of what they'll likely play (not counting new songs, of course), but these are some of the most likely candidates:

Rats
    Square Hammer
    From the Pinnacle to the Pit
    Cirice
    He Is
    Mummy Dust
    Per Aspera Ad Inferi
    Secular Haze
    Ghuleh / Zombie Queen
    Year Zero
    Monstrance Clock
    Majesty
    Ritual
    Elizabeth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New tune called "Faith"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ...and in lesser quality "Dance Macabre"

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Liking what I am hearing so far.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I shouldn't have watched those videos as I really wish I chose to see them in 2 weeks.The seats are crap now haha.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The first one was OK, but the singing sounded extremely muffled, like Tobias was having a hard time singing with the new Cardinal mask on. Hopefully it was just the quality of the video. The second was unlistenable by my standards. I'll just wait a couple weeks for the record to drop for a cleaner version of these tracks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The first one was OK, but the singing sounded extremely muffled, like Tobias was having a hard time singing with the new Cardinal mask on. Hopefully it was just the quality of the video. The second was unlistenable by my standards. I'll just wait a couple weeks for the record to drop for a cleaner version of these tracks.
    It was the audio in these cell phone videos. I watched a video of Ritual from last night and it sounded as great as always.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here is a better recording of Dance Macabre from tonights show.

The setlist looked awesome!

Spoiler:
    Ashes
    Rats
    Absolution
    Ritiual
    Con Clavi Con Dio
    Per Aspera ad inferi
    Devil Church
    Cirice
    Stand by Him
    Miasma (world premier)
    Jigolo Har Megiddo (acoustic)
    Pro Memoria (world premier)
    Dues In Absentia
    -15 min Interlude-
    Masked Ball
    Spirit
    From the pinnacle to the pit
    Faith
    Year Zero
    Spoksonat
    He Is
    Prime Mover
    Mummy Dust
    If You Have Ghost
    Dance Macabe
    Square Hammer

Kinda sad they dropped Spoiler: Ghuleh/Zombie Queen and Monstrous Clock from the setlist, as those are 2 of my favorite Ghost songs. But this is a really good setlist. Oh wait... I just Noticed Spoiler: Elizabeth is missing as well.... damn! 3 of their best songs scrapped. Hmm...
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-06-2018 at 02:45 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Good material for this new album for sure!

Formally marks the permanent end of the creep and demonic horror factor of Opus and Infesstissumam though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Good material for this new album for sure!

Formally marks the permanent end of the creep and demonic horror factor of Opus and Infesstissumam though.
    I really dig this song a lot. Since I heard it in the chapter 3 video, I've been dying to hear the full version of this song. It's super catchy.
    While I agree that the majority of the "eerie" and "creep" factor seems to have taken a back seat on the new songs we've heard, they're still not bad.
    I kinda like the direction this record is going in. This song is kinda eerie though, singing about death and dying.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Drip drip drip... I'm currently at work, so if anyone can lend a hand, I'd appreciate a PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Drip drip drip... I'm currently at work, so if anyone can lend a hand, I'd appreciate a PM.
    Yes me too plz.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Whaaaaaaaat!? The pipes are leaking this early!? Get out of town!!!!

EDIT: I looked everywhere. Nowhere to be found. Maybe a false report? Even no mention about it leaked on reddit or "has it leaked"
    Maybe it will be more readily available later, but I can't find it now.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-09-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat!? The pipes are leaking this early!? Get out of town!!!!

EDIT: I looked everywhere. Nowhere to be found. Maybe a false report? Even no mention about it leaked on reddit or "has it leaked"
    Maybe it will be more readily available later, but I can't find it now.
    Yeah, false alarm.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah, false alarm.
    Someone on hasitleaked.com claimed that it had and I saw people in a Ghost Facebook group talking about songs (though maybe they've only heard live versions). Anyway, I was at work and unable to confirm, so sorry for sounding the alarm!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    June 1st can't come soon enough.

I can't wait to see them next week on the 15th!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd never even heard of Ghost until stumbling across this thread a couple days ago (despite regularly lurking here). My current tastes run more to dark electronic stuff/contemporary "industrial", but the image intrigued me...and now the melodies may have hooked me for good. It's been a while since something came out of left field, pried me loose from a genre rut, and (literally) brought a smile to my face while listening. Thanks, ETS-ers!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    To anyone in the same boat as the above user who is kind of "on the fence" with this band or not really sure what they're all about, here's a brief video that popped up in my YouTube feed today that does the best to explain this band to people who don't know them.

Definitely one of the more interesting bands I have found this decade. In a time when I was thinking the future of music was bleak in the early 2010's, I stumbled across this band, all thanks to them being on the same bill as NIN at Lollapalooza Chicago in 2013 of course. I usually gripe about festival shows, but every now and then you find a band or two at them that hooks and reels you in, and Ghost did that to me 5 years ago.

Some of the recent ongoings with the lawsuit and the retirement of the Papa Emeritus character have rubbed me the wrong way a bit, but in the end, it's been done before by other musicians - image or "characters" have been reinvented between album cycles. David Bowie and Manson have both done it, so you can't really blame or hold an artist against their creative decision to try something new. As long as the music doesn't take a turn for the worse, then I don't really care too much about who's on stage under the masks or what costume the lead singer is wearing.

This is probably my most anticipated album releases of the year.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-11-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Depending on how that lawsuit goes, we might still see a papa down the road.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Depending on how that lawsuit goes, we might still see a papa down the road.
    I hope it gets resolved and he can take his sacrilegious throne as Papa Emeritus IV.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Saw them in concert on Tuesday - they fucking kicked ass!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Dance Macabre has leaked? Is it just me, or it doesn't sound like them?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ghostbc/com...dance_macabre/

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Fans are saying it will be released tomorrow.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If you have instagram, you can hear the song in their story, with many people listening to the song, including chino, Anselmo( Looking healthy as fuck) and Chris Jericho and others.