Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    great EP

all 5 tracks are pretty solid.

"Square Hammer", "I Believe" and "Missionary Man" in particular stand out for me.
    Papa's vocals on "Bible" is impressive too.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I wouldn't say I was disappointed upon first listen, maybe just a little underwhelmed. After listening to the tracks a few times, they all grew on me. "I Believe" in an incredibly beautiful song. "Missionary Man" is a fun upbeat song and "Square Hammer" is just awesome. I mean, other than Hammer, which I loved immediately, they're all covers, so naturally, cover songs can take a bit of time to get into.

Can't stand "Bible" at all though, I deleted it from my playlist. Do not care if I ever hear that song again in my life. A good replacement song is "Zenith" in place of Bible being hucked in the trash.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm surprised by the lack of talk and admiration for Nocturnal Me. That shit is ace. It replaced Waiting for the Night as my favorite cover of theirs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm surprised by the lack of talk and admiration for Nocturnal Me. That shit is ace. It replaced Waiting for the Night as my favorite cover of theirs.
    I am surprised that most fans don't rate Nocturnal Me.
    I like the chorus especially.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    I am surprised that most fans don't rate Nocturnal Me.
    I like the chorus especially.
    Yeah, my friend who likes Ghost said it was the only song on the record he couldn't get into. I couldn't understand why. I thought it was a good track.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Only one I really can't get into is the "Missionary Man" cover. I remember when the original came out and always dug it, but feel like this cover was bland. My favorite cover of theirs is still their first one, still don't have it on CD because the cheapest I've seen the Japanese Opus Eponymous is $40:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How I wish I had a HQ rip of Zenith from the CD (NOT vinyl) ... *ahem*

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I just got home....

The opening act was Marissa Nadler. Papa Emeritus heard her album in Stockholm in a record store and requested she’d open for this tour. A lot of people around me hated her (even vocally stating it) but I actually enjoyed her performance. I have her on spotify now haha.

The concert was tight and they did amazing. Papa was theatrical and very on point. I'm soooooo glad I got to hear my favorite songs back to back (Ghuleh/Zombie Queen and Ritual) before the encore. Was wonderful. I hope they come through NC soon, I'd go again in an instant.

Not
    my video but <3

Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-06-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They are playing in Raleigh tomorrow. I'll be there. Will be the second time I saw them, although the first time I saw them was at Carolina Rebellion, with a shortened set.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redwingsrock View Post
    They are playing in Raleigh tomorrow. I'll be there. Will be the second time I saw them, although the first time I saw them was at Carolina Rebellion, with a shortened set.
    Another NC user? You're only like the third one I've seen in here besides myself.

Have fun. Wish I could see them tomorrow again haha!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-08-2016 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anither NC user? You're only like the third one I've seen in here besides myself.

Have fun. Wish I could see them tomorrow again haha!
    Yep!

Ghost was awesome. They put on an amazing show. Much better than when I saw them at Carolina Rebellion, although they were great then too. I actually really enjoyed the opener as well, although I noticed a lot of people complaining abou ther, similar to your experience Space Suicide. Kind of a shame because I thought she could really sing.

Anyway, great show!!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    @ManBurning Were you able to check them out live yet?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    @ManBurning Were you able to check them out live yet?
    You bet!

They came through town just a few weeks ago. It was my 4th Ghost show (the other 3 were from 2013) and probably the best one yet! They just keep getting better and better. Setlist was fantastic.

Only problem I had was the $50 price-tag on the tour shirts, ouch!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw them on Halloween and it was basically the same show and setlist from the tour earlier in the year, only with Square Hammer added, new smoke machines and a new bassist. Still a fucking blast and everybody was into it. I love when the keyboardist busts out the Keytar and does a solo!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I hope he still wears the gown and the pope hat. That's the best part of Papa. I'm afraid he's evolving into that weird papa we see during the 3rd half of the show where he's wearing like a tux and no hat. (That look has never sat right with me for some reason)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm afraid he's evolving into that weird papa we see during the 3rd half of the show where he's wearing like a tux and no hat. (That look has never sat right with me for some reason)
    I actually love that Papa. He's awesome.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ok... maybe i don't get it or wasn't quite sure what to expect (probably something much heavier), I've heard of this band... been curious about it.. never really listened before. Anytime I've looked these guys up i see them described as a heavy metal band, they certainly have a theatrical aesthetic that could suggest that they would be, same with the design of their album covers and the look of their videos, lyrics too no doubt but musically... i dunno they seem kinda tame to me, what am i missing? For the record I'm not even judging the music, whether it's good or bad or anything.. I'm just kinda puzzled. I suppose they just have a subject matter that would appeal to that culture rather than being a literal description of the music style. Of course... we all have different interpretations of this stuff i guess. Not saying there's any rules or anything about how something's supposed to sound to be classified a certain way, just seems odd or i don't know anything anymore.

EDIT: I just found this thread on Reddit, definitely relate to some of the comments and some of the other descriptions kinda make sense "They're a satanic Blue Oyster Cult or a lighter version of Mercyful Fate. Doom rock or occult rock is a good description. Metal only in the loosest definition, but their main fanbase is still all metalheads." https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comme...he_first_time/
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 11-16-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The only thing I know is Ghost is one of the best new bands to come out of the last 16 years!
    They are easily in my top 3 bands of all time.

1. NIN
    2. Rammstein
    3. Ghost

I never get sick of seeing these 3 bands live, ever!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The only thing I know is Ghost is one of the best new bands to come out of the last 16 years!
    They are easily in my top 3 bands of all time.

1. NIN
    2. Rammstein
    3. Ghost

I never get sick of seeing these 3 bands live, ever!
    Easily joined my top 5 ranks as well. They're marvelous live and so energetic. The whole aspect has grown on me to massive fandom levels. One of my top favorite bands of all time now. I'll Miss Emeritus III.

Oh, also look what I found online and immediately snatched up:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    June 9th show in Charlotte? I love Iron Maiden but part of me wants a ticket just to see Ghost again!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am going to try to catch that show. I have never seen maiden live, and I hope the tickets are not that crazy expensive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Definitely going to the Bristow show, I've always wanted to see Iron Maiden live and I've heard nothing but fantastic things from people who have gotten the chance. The fact that Ghost is opening is icing on the cake. Hopefully they'll get decent stage time, have my fingers crossed that 45 minutes to an hour isn't asking too much.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've seen them with Maiden before; as a matter of fact the first time i heard Ghost ever was them opening for Maiden, i was instantly hooked!

I'm glad they are touring together, i think both bands complement each other so well...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Great double bill. And Yes, Maiden is still super tight live. Bruce's voice is impeccable considering his age, and i dont believe he has much of any electronic help backing him there. I don't like how their mic'd/mixed live. It's fine, but could be better. Drums could sound better.

If you went to the Maiden tour last year, this seems to be very similar in setlist & stage show according to the band. I'm going again for the Pru Center show (GA floor!!!), but just be prepared you're probably not getting much different.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Maiden is great live, i hope to see them for a 5th time this year; watching with Ghost would be IT!

I hope they arrange some kind of colaboration/duet because it would work wonders!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Maiden is great live, i hope to see them for a 5th time this year; watching with Ghost would be IT!

I hope they arrange some kind of colaboration/duet because it would work wonders!
    Number of the Beast as sang by Papa Emeritus III.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Number of the Beast as sang by Papa Emeritus III.
    It would be awesome, i also think someting form the "Seventh Son of a Sevent Son" album like "Only the good Die Young" would be a great fit!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-20-2017 at 09:28 PM.