Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ghost start selling butt plugs and dildos, repressed social conservative metalheads get very upset indeed
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=189246

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the dildo looks like a Pez dispenser.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Saw them tonight in Vancouver. Fantastic show! totally glad I went. Their live preformance blows their studio recordings out of the water!

Grabbed 2 shirts because I couldn't decide between which to get, all the merch was awesome!

shot of the merch on the 2013 spring North American tour:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    very nice merch, love the front of the Year Zero one. thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    No Problem! Yeah, it was hard to choose between which shirt to get, so I just got two. The Year Zero one, and #3. I originally wanted a hoody, but not at $60!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I was there too, friend hooked me up with tickets. They were definitely tighter than when they opened for Mastodon/Opeth. They also charged $25 for shirts back then if I recall...and the shirts practically look the same. (The day I pay $35 for a concert shirt I'll wear once has long since passed...)

Loved hearing the new material, Tobias still sounds terrific. Shout out to the doorknob in front of my friend and I who decided to have his camera up and stare at the band through the four inch screen for practically all of the entire show. Time well spent!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    (The day I pay $35 for a concert shirt I'll wear once has long since passed...)
    Why would you wear a shirt you bought only once? I agree, that would be a waste of $35 if you weren't planning on wearing it after, unless you collected concert shirts. But those people who do that wouldn't consider it a waste.

$35 is a pretty decent price for a concert shirt. I believe TOOL were trying to get $50 a pop for their tour shirts at the last Vancouver stop. now THAT's a joke and a half!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It sure is, there's no way I'd pay that much for a novelty band shirt either lol. I'm an old man, what can I say...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It sure is, there's no way I'd pay that much for a novelty band shirt either lol. I'm an old man, what can I say...
    Dude, you're not old! lol...
    And don't you buy and wear Converge merchandise? Those are band shirts...
    Last time I checked you bought APC merch from the 2010 Seattle club show as well. Unless you somehow turned into an old man in 3 years, haha.

I can understand if you're just not into the band enough to buy a t-shirt. I'll admit I purchased a few shirts from shows I regret (The Faint), literally did what you explained above. Wore it once and it just sits in the closet, haha. So I need to be more selective with what I buy at shows now. Unless it's like a top 10 band for me, i'm not buying a Tee from them.

Besides, I think it's more of supporting the band with the purchase of a T-shirt in this day and age anyway. Bands don't make money off of records anymore. I stopped buying records in like 2007, but I still support them by going to the show and buying a shirt. Bands live off of the money they make touring now, especially a small band like Ghost. I think they dererve all the support they can get. They truly are a breath of fresh air considering all the "new" music out there these days. They deserve my $35 x 2 for a couple shirts, they got my support.

A band like Manson or TOOL, yeah fuck 'em and their $50 jacked up tour shirts... nobody needs that, the admission prices to their shows are already atrocious as it is. But a smaller band, like Ghost or Converge or someone else who isn't a huge idolized rockstar, they deserve the extra cash for a t-shirt, I don't feel bad buying a shirt or two, even if I don't end up wearing the shirt, that's my way of saying I support you guys in any way I can, even though it may not be through buying your music.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    For anyone who lives in Chicago, or will be there for Lollapalooza, Ghost has an official "Lollapalooza After Show" @ Double Door. Saturday August 3rd @ 10pm with Skeletonwitch. $25 + Fees.

http://do312.com/event/2013/08/03/gh...w-skeltonwitch

I got my tickets! I'll get to see Ghost twice in 1 weekend! However, it's not super imperative if I don't catch their Lollapalooza set now, as I can just go to what will be a full blown and longer personal set, rad!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Rather disappointed that the only way to get this covers EP on cd will be to buy a redux version of Infestissumam.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They've got some cracking covers under their belt now

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post

Rather disappointed that the only way to get this covers EP on cd will be to buy a redux version of Infestissumam.
    Yeah, it sucks we have to buy it again. But I love them!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Yeah, it sucks we have to buy it again. But I love them!
    Just got an email update aboot the EP.

Looks like it will be available on CD and vinyl on its own!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yes, I got that update too. Yay!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I had several people telling me to check this band out, and I never did until now. Boy was that a mistake. I think I'm in love.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just a quick note - saw ghost in alexandra palace with alice in chains (random!) tonight and they were fucking brilliant! Very short set but the initially pretty skeptical crowd really warmed to them by the end. Set was along the lines of per aspira - con clavi - prime mover - year zero - ritual - monstrance clock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seeing the live two times next week!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fantastic shows on thursday and friday. Had a really nice holiday trap overall as well. Also met Papa and the keyboard & bass ghouls after the show in Helsinki. Nice dudes!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I guess Papa just didn't feel like dressing up

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Maybe he did? His face is super bright and the lips are moving awkwardly. Faux face mask?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Think he was attempting to be comical, it's clearly a mask...kinda hard to miss the giant mouth hole at :45 or so.

edit: And it would appear that it's just one of the masks normally worn, just unpainted:

Last edited by october_midnight; 02-11-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Papa lives it up!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There needs be an official Ghost blu ray/dvd!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    although most of us already know he is Tobias, wish things like this didn't happen.

the mystery of the band adds to the charm of what they do.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Meh. If papa wanted the identity to stick, he would have told something to nergal about keeping the picture private.

Damn, ghost and behemoth on one bill. Must have been pretty cool.