Thread: Work

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I need a new job/profession as cooking is starting wear me out. I like it but it's come to the point where i can't really afford to try and get in at a "good" place cause im pretty sure i make more now than i would at most of the places in town. That and i just feel like i have the gumption. Meanwhile the job i do have while it pays decent enough and is easy just really kind of sucks the life out of me. I've passed my apathetic "no fucks given" phase some time ago but at the same time it's hard to get anything done when our gm is around for about 25 hours a week. So due to his eternal absence no one really gives a fuck outside what affects them directly. I kind of like being able to self supervise but it would be nice to have at least some structure in place. Which wouldn't be so bad if the asshole could take ideas and treat them as worth while that are not his own. We've been getting a new menu now for going on over a year and still nothing, and the only changes he made was to take stuff off it. I'm guessing his nearly complete set of Shun knives that he has at home qualifies him as some sort of culinary aficionado cause he can spend far too much money on steak knives. Not to mention this dick fuck has on occasion taken to calling some the servers "cunts", yes, to their face. Lucky for my job i never witnessed it in person. Im all for yelling at a dumb server etc, but even then i know some restraint. I guess thats what i get for working at a side street money dump of a restaurant. The up side, or one of the few good things is that the assistant no longer gives two fucks and will usually pour a round of shots after work. Which was once nice but now that i have cut back on drinking doesn't do much for me. The other up side is that we can pretty much try and run whatever we come up with as a special, if the girls remember to offer it up. All in all not terrible but with any collective effort it could run a lot smoother.

tldr: I need to pay off my bills get back into school, do something other than cook and hope to enjoy the idea of eating out again someday. Sorry for the ranting nature, ive had far to too much coffee today.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 06-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.