Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
JFC. That's insane. I hope you get out and on to better things.
to be fair I made it more complicated than it needed to be by double posting. I am well clear of that man going on three years now.

OTOH, he did eventually get the promotion he wanted and was in charge of a national program that he was in no way qualified for. AND he was even given a bump in pay that he also wasn't qualified for since he didn't have the time in service for it and only asked for it on a whim. He liked to brag about that.

Then I found out that he was further 'promoted' to a position in Chicago. Weird, that's where his daughters and grandkids live...how nice for him.
Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
This is such bullshit.

Everyone knows that you only confirm that a person worked there, when, and their salary; any additional information puts the company at risk for litigation. Lots of it. So companies put policies in place (unless the companies have idiots for lawyers) decades ago, instituting the “confirm only and otherwise stfu” policy.

He was just being an asshole.

In. Sarah’s case, I believe her direct supervisor was actually trying to help her improve.
Yeah, I know but I believe he actually would because his assistant director did and they would wield the lawyers like a cudgel.

and I agree about Sarah, I was only doing the ritualistic bleeding out of bad memories.