Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Work

Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    on a slightly different track here:

anyone have experience with MS Project? or maybe with a series of training videos that would be a great starting point for learning the software? I feel like it would be a big help to my business line so I asked for a license and I have a Dummies book but I'm not getting anything really useful from it.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    started at starbucks this week! all the training has mostly been refreshers for me. i'm doing pretty well. definitely got overwhelmed when we got six frappucino orders at once, and two of them were completely new to me (WHY DO PEOPLE WANT THE STRAWBERRY FUNNEL CAKE ONE?!? it sounds DISGUSTING!) but i recovered.

i did get "sir"d three times yesterday (and once today) but i'm trying to repeat my mantra of "water off a duck's back" so it doesn't get to me too much. :/

Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    this kind of monster does! (not me, just a friend who posted today)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Starting today on a new audiobook edit. It's another novel, and this time just one narrator's reading it, but the story's told via the protagonist going through old boxes of correspondence between family members. The finished edit's probably going to be about 12 hours long, so I estimate about three weeks of part-time work to get the first pass done and over to QC before refinement/retake requests. In my full-time job, we're stuck without any access to the theatre where I work by an even further-extended lockdown, which is now in place until at least June... and so, apart from a couple of digital meetings and other busywork day-to-day, I am stuck without a lot to do. Figured I might as well take on another project.