Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Work

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That's super creepy. How can the woman not see his behavior is an issue?

Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    @allegate - She’s going through a divorce, and she may be attracted to the positive attention right now, even though it’s at work and breaks some rules. I’m only suggesting this because it kinda happened to me. What you see as creepy stalky might actually be something different, e.g. they may be texting each other, she may be sharing stuff with him, he may be thinking he’s helping her, she may actually like the “help,” etc. Tread lightly before inserting yourself into the situation. She knows where to go if she needs him to stop.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-05-2020 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Fixed word

Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Had a user call up because his laptop wasn't connecting to his docking station.

Solution: I had him turn on his laptop.

Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Lol. It’s not all old people. I had to train attorneys and admins for years. Amazing how many of them thought the CD drive was a convenient cup holder. I’m not kidding.

Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Lol. It’s not all old people. I had to train attorneys and admins for years. Amazing how many of them thought the CD drive was a convenient cup holder. I’m not kidding.
    Some of the cali users who conveniently have the same last name as the VP in the branch man...
    You can tell they’re a nepotized smooth brain immediately when every sentence has an upward inflection.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    I don't know if I've specifically said where I work other than a general position, I can't get more specific. But suffice to say that it really sucks to find out that my boss is so bad that people across the country are calling for his removal these past couple of days.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Beta release tomorrow. Are we ready? Fuck and no, we're not. Security concerns should probably​ be brought up more than three days before the release.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Found out yesterday that my position is in the process of being downgraded on a national level. This is after also finding out that all of the positions I could potentially promote into were upgraded out of promotion range.

The good part of this is that my bosses started to immediately brainstorm how to keep me from leaving so I must be doing something right.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Found out yesterday that my position actually isn't being downgraded - it's being removed and the duties are being distributed to the supervisors and other positions - but my supervisors are instead offering me a promotion to a different position. A position that has a further promotion in a year, even.

I just talked to someone who went roughly the same route (admin to this) and he said it's a very complementary job path and that the skills are very useful from one to the other. I'm pretty excited TBH, especially since up until this point I was pretty much dead in the water as far as promotions go. There was a slew of work done in the summer of 2019 that put all of the positions out of reach of me and that meant if I wanted to get more money, I had to leave. This is better because I get to keep the awesome bosses and coworkers. Win/win/win I guess.

I guess it helps that the place I wanted to go to didn't even offer me an interview for any of the positions that were open a few months ago. On top of that the people that they did hire that I have to deal with? I have to help them from time to time. Always fun.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    My direct supervisor a couple of weeks ago: It's almost review time and if I was doing yours right now it wouldn't be good*

My direct supervisor last week: [Director] and I think it's time to start making the case for you to be reclassified as Assistant Director.

??????????????????

*He wasn't wrong. I was essentially dropping the ball on everything in my life from about mid-December until close to the end of January.