Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Work

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I kinda miss when I had more time for here. My employers saw all my potential and promoted me to a new position as they restructured the company. Unfortunately this means I'm now working 7am - 6pm on damage control and operations, with very little time for anything else. Then it's dinner, exercise, sleep.

I miss posting here more. I'm reading though.
    i hope you're getting paid a fuckton for working 11 hours a day. jesus christ.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Not enough, but I had a decent bump, with another one promised in November. The company lost 3 people in one day, and essentially I took over the role of operations. Oh, and we're in our busiest season with half the staff they had from last year.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    After being short staffed since March (and that's still not changed), working all sorts of fucked up hours with extremely minimal overtime, and getting a pretty much glowing review from my boss last month, I just logged onto my workday program on my week off to see I got a huge, outstanding, unbelievable 16 cent raise. The desire to stay on vacation permanently has never been greater.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I work cleaning schools and doing maintenance, and I absolutely hate it now. My co-workers and I have been busting our asses since March due to the shutdown, and our work has gone underappreciated by our managers. We've had to deal with shifting schedules, massive cleanups, contractors coming in without any warning. They pretend that they care by giving us a piece of candy with our paycheck. "We can't give you a raise, but we hope you enjoy that Jolly Rancher!" It's like a slap in the face at this point. I am not holding my breath for any sort of significant pay raise, and I'm actively looking for other employment, but so far my searches have turned up nothing, and with school starting back up, I'm legitimately concerned about going to work now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    A piece of candy? Are you fucking kidding me???!!! What pyschopath thought that up?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My job has started preparing a timeline for the staff to start returning to the building, it'll be just staff - no customers. Luckily all my coworkers are on board with all the safety protocols (no Trump asshats) - so everything will be fine. But just having the discussion gave me such anxiety!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Not enough, but I had a decent bump, with another one promised in November. The company lost 3 people in one day, and essentially I took over the role of operations. Oh, and we're in our busiest season with half the staff they had from last year.
    Thankfully my employers know how hard I'm working and decided to skip the small bump and give me the full November-level bump now.

But we're losing field members to COVID. Thankfully they have no complications, but they're out two weeks in quarantine. We don't have the manpower to keep up with our current demand. Every day is damage control from 7am-7pm. I'm incredibly lucky I'm working from home, as I wouldn't be able to sustain this with a commute on top.

The hardest part is dealing with the other PMs screaming at us for more manpower. The state of Florida has even WORSE numbers than what we had back in March when the shutdown was ordered. Our ICUs are overwhelmed, Disney World is open, and everyone thinks things are going to get done on time. HELLO! We are in the middle of a PANDEMIC people! Have some goddamn patience.

The kicker is that most of these projects are schools. They're demanding these are finished so they can open for the students. *shaking my damn head*
    Last edited by Magnetic; 07-18-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So my stint as a Utilities locator came to an end a few weeks back. Money was good but the constant 13 hour days not so much. Not a bad gig just not what I wanted. I've given enough of my life to work regardless of money. After some time off I found a deli job at probably the most progressive spot in the state. It's a high end market of sorts. My title is Cheese Monger. I sell fancy cheese and deli meats as well as cooking sandwiches and salads. Most things are made in house, breads, some meats etc. Even given my delusional thinking I may have stumbled upon the unicorn. I get a solid base wage, everyone shares tips, up to 80 hours pto first year, 100% paid health insurance and a solid 40 hours. Never thought I'd find something like this here.