Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Work

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    looking back, hot topic was a lot of fun. i didn't fit the aesthetic, but i really believed in the company's mission and genuinely loved the products. the ceo at the time, betsy mclaughlin, was a total bad ass. we were flown to los angeles every october to train and prepare for the holiday season, but they made each trip fucking amazing. attended many private shows including marilyn manson, janelle monae, weezer, korn, alice cooper, bruno fucking mars in the corporate parking lot in the middle of the day ...

the company changed drastically in 2011, the year i left. but, damn, i have a lot of really fond memories of that time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    it's weird, I worked all but one day between the 13th and 24th and had 2 of the next 4 days off or something, what the fuck

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    started working at starbucks. trained last week, started at the store i'll actually be at this week. today was my first opening shift. i've been awake since 3:45am (it is currently 5:45pm) and it feels so fucking weird. but i'm settling into the job pretty quickly (for having basically zero food service experience). don't want to do it forever, though. all my coworkers are in college or younger, except one 60-year-old woman (who's my favorite). no one believed me when i told them i'm 33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    started working at starbucks. trained last week, started at the store i'll actually be at this week. today was my first opening shift. i've been awake since 3:45am (it is currently 5:45pm) and it feels so fucking weird. but i'm settling into the job pretty quickly (for having basically zero food service experience). don't want to do it forever, though. all my coworkers are in college or younger, except one 60-year-old woman (who's my favorite). no one believed me when i told them i'm 33.
    It seems to me that this will be a good experience anyway. I also started as a secretary to have experience working with documents. 7 years have passed and I have my own small business, though not in New York but in Singapore)) All financial reports are now done by professionals - https://osome.com/sg/accounting-services-singapore/ And I'm learning to lead a small team (11 people). A little scary but very interesting)