Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    After 7 hours and 45 minutes of waiting around for UPS...

I FINALLY GOT MY WRISTBANDS!!

See everyone at the show!!! I'm officially PUMPED!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I received my Sunday wristband, but not my Friday wristband. Kind've strange considering your picture with both days, I assume, sent in one package.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, both days were included in the same envelope with my order.
    I also ordered that "collectible souvenir" they mentioned at the checkout of the order form. I'll just post a photo of that here as well instead of trying to explain it:

Regarding your order and only getting the Sunday wristband, maybe get in touch with Front gate Tickets about your order to clarify what happened, I hardly doubt they are shipping the days seperate, that makes no sense...

Shoot 'em an e-mail with this form - http://support.frontgatetickets.com/...tal/emails/new
    There is a telephone number on there as well if you prefer to speak to someone in real time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    After 7 hours and 45 minutes of waiting around for UPS...

I FINALLY GOT MY WRISTBANDS!!

See everyone at the show!!! I'm officially PUMPED!
    Seriously, are these things made out of paper unlike the 3 day passes? Trying to get some info here on what I should be looking for to not get scammed if I do an in-person transaction or have to go the CL route...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    So I received my Sunday wristband, but not my Friday wristband. Kind've strange considering your picture with both days, I assume, sent in one package.
    Same here, got my friday wristband but not the Sunday one. Probably because I did it in two separate orders?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yep single days are paper, there's also no re entry into the fest once you leave for single day passes.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Seriously, are these things made out of paper unlike the 3 day passes? Trying to get some info here on what I should be looking for to not get scammed if I do an in-person transaction or have to go the CL route...
    I was excpeting a giant goddamn wrist watch type bracelet in the mail as well after seeing the 3 day pass, but i'm glad I don't have to subject myself to wearing such a thing, lol.

The single days, aren't exactly cheap flimsy paper, it is a plastic material. It has a chip on it though that is embedded into the pass, you can see the circuitry on the underside, and has a barcode as well.

The non re-entry probably sucks the most... can't go buy merch and return it to the hotel, or go find some non jacked up, greasy, junk festival food to eat. Literally, once you are in you are in for the whole day.

Hopefully it's not blistering hot for Friday, or a massive thunderstom either that would suck. What are some "essential" survival items to bring to the festival since there are no in and out privlidges for non 3-day pass holders?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I thought re-entry was only for the 3-day pass as well, but they must've changed that sometime this summer:

http://www.lollapalooza.com/faqs/festival-faqs/#box-1

Patrons must pass through security & scan your wristband each time you enter the grounds. You must be scanned upon exit at the gate in order to re-enter that same day, maximum of 5 ins & outs/day. You do not have to scan to exit the festival if you will not be returning until the next day.
    For a list of frequently asked questions about Tickets, click here.

Items:

Your one-of-a-kind ancient Roman Pugio dagger may be the perfect accessory to your gladiator mandals at home, but don’t show up with it at Lolla and discover you can’t bring it in. Guests and their belongings are subject to search upon entry or re-entry. You can help keep the lines moving quickly by leaving large bags at home.

If you can’t find the item you’re curious about, feel free to e-mail us at info@lollapalooza.com.

The following items are ALLOWED at Lollapalooza:*

• Blankets, Sheets, Towels
    • Umbrellas (ONLY Hand-Held)
    • Soft-Sided Coolers
    • Baby Strollers
    • Two Factory-Sealed Water Bottles (up to 1 Liter each)
    • Empty CamelBak or CamelBak water bottles, Other Empty Plastic Container, etc.
    • Binoculars
    • Non-Professional Recording Equipment (Point & Shoot Cameras, Flip Video Cameras, etc.)

The following items are NOT ALLOWED at Lollapalooza:*

• Weapons of Any Kind, including Fireworks or Explosives of Any Kind
    • Illegal or Illicit Substances of Any Kind
    • Large Backpacks (Framed, Hiking Backpacks, etc.)
    • Glass Containers and Metal Aerosol Cans, including Sunscreen in Aerosol Cans.
    • Outside Food or Drinks (including Alcohol), except Two Factory-Sealed Water Bottles (up to 1 Liter each)
    • Skateboards, Scooters or Personal Motorized Vehicles
    • Bicycles Inside Festival Grounds (Plenty Bike Racks are available near The Box Office).
    • Carts, Tents & Chairs of Any Kind
    • Hard-Sided Coolers
    • Pets (except Service Dogs)
    • Professional Recording (Photo, Video, Audio) Equipment (NO Detachable Zoom Lense, Tripods or Other Commerical Equipment
    • No Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed. No Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Aways, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rest easy about the food, there's a ton of awesome places to eat at lolla, offering anything from deep dish pizza to lobster corn dogs. It's one of the better parts of lolla actually, look up "chow town" on the lollapalooza web site for a better idea of what they have. I always get a burrito from the burrito place and it's awesome. High quality food that's not insanely priced. They also offer lockers to store stuff, I've never used them though so I can't tell you anything about them.

Hope that helps

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    @sins0ffreck - thanks, that food menu actually looks awesome! Wide assortment of some pretty tasty looking stuff!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Downside of that is the urine that is Bud Light is the sponsor. :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No problem! This is my 3rd year going to lolla, and the food is one of the reasons I return. It's a good showcase of what Chicago has to offer, significantly better than $20 for a burger and fries like most shows. Also if you are around long enough to grab breakfast, check out Ellie's pancake house and yolk, two of the best breakfast spots in Chicago.
    the festival is clean, you can get a trash bag from "green street" and when you fill it they give you at shirt. Toyota has some fun activities that give you cool stuff (grab a bandana!)

most of the people there are chill and there's lots of trees to hang out under when you need shade. I drive from central New York every year for this show because of how well it's run. Some people will obviously find fault with things there but over all, it's been an awesome experience every year.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sins0ffreck View Post
    No problem! This is my 3rd year going to lolla, and the food is one of the reasons I return.
    You can thank Graham Elliott for the food, he's been in charge for 4 years. I'm not sure I agree that it's a "showcase" of what Chicago has to offer, given that we have a lot of Michelin-awarded restaurants and this is a BIG foodie town, but it's a HELL of a lot better than Lollapaloozas in the early 90s, yuck yuck yuck. Although I always ended up getting a slice of Connie's pizza because it's so fucking hot outside.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-15-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    If anyone needs a 3-day pass still I have one that I am selling for face value.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Is there a place one can download a good chunk of catalogs of the bands playing lolla, (to listen and decide what to go see) such as a torrent of all lolla bands for this year?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Well, hopefully my Lolla Friday pass scavenging is done. Got in touch with Brett from the previous page about the 2 passes, and hooked up with a nin.com member to go through Stubhub for the third one. ::crosses_fingers::

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got a shipment confirmation e-mail from UPS. The wristbands are being shipped from Austin, TX of all places, strange...
    Expected delivery date is July 12th (the day before my Birthday) Hope I get an early birthday gift from UPS, lol.

I still have to worry about nobody answering the door on the delivery date though. I live in a basement suite and all the mail goes through the upstairs. I have educated the people upstairs that an important package will be arriving from UPS soon and they only release it upon a signature, so I hope one of the upstairs neighbours obnoxious teenagers don't fuck around and sign for the package when it's delivered.

I also thought about putting a sign on the front door instructing UPS to go around back and ring the basement doorbell. Or, I might just have to camp outside all morning waiting for them. Luckily I have that day off. I've missed WAAAAY too many packages due to my current mail setup. Sometimes I hate living in a basement suite and not being on control of getting my mail.

Sometimes the people upstairs hoard our mail for weeks and we get a big pile of overdue bills all at once. *rolls eyes* Luckily I have a tracking number for these tickets so I can see if they are signed for and/or if delivery had been attempted.
    C3 Presents is from Austin, Texas.

I see from later posts you have received your wristbands. Enjoy the festival!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, we are about 1 week away for the show! I'm gonna try in all my power to not look at tomorrow's setlist from Japan or watch any videos, I want to see this show blind and not be spoiled for once. I always ruin a NIN show for myself by peeking at the setlist, not this time, I wanna hear the new songs the first time live.

I'll be off starting the first part of my vacation in Winnipeg tomorrow before I heard over to Chicago on Thursday, August 1st. Not sure how much time I will have for coming on here in the next week, so everyone going to lolla, enjoy the show! If you see a guy with long black hair and a long goatee with sunglasses that's probably me. Unsure what shirt i'll be wearing... either my NIN the Spiral t-shirt, or a Ghost (BC) tour shirt. But if ya see anyone who might resemble this description (haha, there will probably be quite a few, i have alot of clones apparently) stop by and say "Hey, i'm from ETS"

Wasn't there some sort of an ETS meetup being talked about before or after this show? Meh, maybe i'll hear more about it as the we get closer to the date.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'll be off starting the first part of my vacation in Winnipeg tomorrow before I heard over to Chicago on Thursday, August 1st. Not sure how much time I will have for coming on here in the next week, so everyone going to lolla, enjoy the show! If you see a guy with long black hair and a long goatee with sunglasses that's probably me. Unsure what shirt i'll be wearing... either my NIN the Spiral t-shirt, or a Ghost (BC) tour shirt. But if ya see anyone who might resemble this description (haha, there will probably be quite a few, i have alot of clones apparently) stop by and say "Hey, i'm from ETS"
    That's pretty vague for Lolla. Can you just set yourself on fire, say about 7:00ish, and live up to your username? :P

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    On second thought... I think i'll wear my fixed shirt with the big blue "n" on the front of it to the festival for Friday.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I am going too! Friday and Sunday, skipping Saturday. Maybe I will wear my cool new ETS shirt on Friday. I will be with an offspring who likes leopard print way too much. After the way the weather was for the Pearl Jam Wrigley show, here's hoping the weather is good for the weekend. Can't believe seeing NIN in less than a week.

Krazy are you sure the scan in/scan out applies to 1 day passes too?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    Krazy are you sure the scan in/scan out applies to 1 day passes too?
    Yes, I only bought Fri and Sun passes and they have scan in/out chips.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll wear the ETS shirt. Going only Friday. Don't say hi. Just make some kind of signal or something.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Random thought : The last two shows were an hour and a half long. According to the Lolla schedule though, NIN is supposed to be playing for an hour and 45 minutes. See where I'm getting at?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I'll wear the ETS shirt. Going only Friday. Don't say hi. Just make some kind of signal or something.
    How about the middle finger- or two, or moon? I KID, I KID!! Butt seriously- maybe you can start @ManBurning on fire?... heh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Random thought : The last two shows were an hour and a half long. According to the Lolla schedule though, NIN is supposed to be playing for an hour and 45 minutes. See where I'm getting at?
    Yeah- I noticed that the other night.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How about the middle finger- or two, or moon? I KID, I KID!! Butt seriously- maybe you can start @ManBurning on fire?... heh
    LoL

I change my mind--let's all watch NIN together, those of us who aren't planning on getting close to the stage, at all. Or...whatevs!

I'll be there with my girlfriend, just a-gazing at NIN comfortably afar from any real mess of people, but close enough that it's obvious I'll be there for NIN's performance. I'll be getting my dose of real general admission a couple of times in October, so this should be relaxing and fun.
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Anyone happen to still need a Friday wristband? I had a friend back out and have an extra. $95 is the cost. I am not going in until about 7 on Friday but will be in town on Thursday to meet if you wish to go all day. Pm me

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    LoL

I change my mind--let's all watch NIN together, those of us who aren't planning on getting close to the stage, at all. Or...whatevs!

I'll be there with my girlfriend, just a-gazing at NIN comfortably afar from any real mess of people, but close enough that it's obvious I'll be there for NIN's performance. I'll be getting my dose of real general admission a couple of times in October, so this should be relaxing and fun.
    I don't plan to get close either - maybe we'll see you.

Thanks Krazy for the answer to my question.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    Thanks Krazy for the answer to my question.
    No problem! Glad I could help as always!!

just kidding- @RITCNIN answered it for you/me. As far as we know you can leave the grounds up to 5 times, although Lollas stance on that was different in the past.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    No problem! Glad I could help as always!!

just kidding- @RITCNIN answered it for you/me. As far as we know you can leave the grounds up to 5 times, although Lollas stance on that was different in the past.
    I see that now - I skimmed too fast! Thanks RITCNIN.

Getting pretty excited- its the first U.S. show! I guess we should try to get pics of merch and stuff that people will want to see. I've never done streaming but are we sure Lolla will be streaming for people? Sometimes it seems like they stream everything but what you actually wanted to see (the year Eminem played that was not streamed much to my disappointment). Some guy at the Pearl Jam 20th anniversary show in 2011 or 2012? managed to set up his iphone so people could watch the show streaming. I think he used Justintv, but it looks like they have taken live streaming off their app.