Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lolla twitter is now saying Friday and Saturday are sold out. If you're still at the ticket-buying page I'd keep trying until about 11 just in case some transactions fail & you get lucky.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I got mine, took 45 fucking minutes, but I secured Friday and Sunday. The 2 days I actually wanted to attend. That was a disaster!

Whoever thought these tickets for single days weren't gonna sell out must have been off their rocker! All 3 days sold out in less than an hour!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-03-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    4 tickets for me

Had to buy 3 and go back for the fourth because it was sold out. Someone must have gotten booted from line, but I got my 4th!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oof, completely forgot about this. Ugh.

If anyone ends up with an extra ticket, I'm interested.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    Oof, completely forgot about this. Ugh.

If anyone ends up with an extra ticket, I'm interested.
    Go to the ticket sale page, click refresh from now til August 2nd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Scored my 2 friday tix! pumped.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Go to the ticket sale page, click refresh from now til August 2nd.
    I have been checking, and I have a monitor on it. But gotta cover all the angles...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've got "all sold out" on my page. Oh well. Fall arena tour it is.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I got mine, took 45 fucking minutes, but I secured Friday and Sunday. The 2 days I actually wanted to attend. That was a disaster!

Whoever thought these tickets for single days weren't gonna sell out must have been off their rocker! All 3 days sold out in less than an hour!
    It's not the single days that are the issue- it's the 3 day passes that are sold before anyone even knows (outside of some speculation) who plays the festival. The people who run this aren't dumb and know they aren't gonna sell ~75,000 per day at $100 per pop for shortened set lists once the line ups are announced.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is this (lolla as a whole) going to get a youtube live stream like they did with last years?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lolla likely will, they have the past few years, now the artists they choose to air is anyone's guess. Congrats to everyone who got tickets, here's to hoping the rest of us get an arena show later in the year. Anyone know the details on those Lolla contracts? How long can you not play in the area before/after?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    I'm not into paying $100+ to go stand in the middle of Grant Park, or any park, in 100+ degree heat
    Actually, the weather for Lollapalooza is usually 80-85 degrees since it's Chicago and Grant Park is right there on the lake. It's a very pleasant festival to attend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Could've fooled me, I've only lived here for 30 years. Go figure.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Lolla likely will, they have the past few years, now the artists they choose to air is anyone's guess. Congrats to everyone who got tickets, here's to hoping the rest of us get an arena show later in the year. Anyone know the details on those Lolla contracts? How long can you not play in the area before/after?
    Can't play within a 300 mile radius 6 months before, and 3 months after.

And yeah, I wouldn't exactly call Lolla a "pleasant" experience. Every time I've been there its ridiculously hot and humid and all those bodies dont help-I'm from Milwaukee and that's typical for early August weather.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Can't play within a 300 mile radius 6 months before, and 3 months after.

And yeah, I wouldn't exactly call Lolla a "pleasant" experience. Every time I've been there its ridiculously hot and humid and all those bodies dont help-I'm from Milwaukee and that's typical for early August weather.
    No doubt, ive been to many a festival in the midwest in late summer, and its teh suck. Kansas, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and there is only one that i can think of where is wasnt misrable. And for all the other ones, if im their to see the headliner, by the time they play, im so exhausted that all i can think of is "whens this gonna get over so i can go home?"

Id rather not be thinking that when i see the nails again

So 3 months huh, that means the us arena tour probably wont start till mid october-early november?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    So 3 months huh, that means the us arena tour probably wont start till mid october-early november?
    Trent stated fall, so fall officially starts September 20th/21st/wutever. They can play wherever they want just not the 300 mile radius of Chicago until 3 months after Lolla- which could put them into that radius as early as November 2ndish.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yes, the Lolla 300-mile radius clause says six months before and three months after.

However, bands can negotiate it. Or ignore it. We've seen it happen here in Chicago. The Chucks say it's not set in stone.

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nigh...-big-of-a-deal
    Last edited by allegro; 04-03-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'll be coming down from Montreal! Got tickets for Friday and Sunday. Really looking forward to seeing Beach House and Grizzly Bear on Sunday as well.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    I'll be coming down from Montreal! Got tickets for Friday and Sunday. Really looking forward to seeing Beach House and Grizzly Bear on Sunday as well.
    Yay, another Canadian coming down! I was wondering if I was going to be the only one (on this board anyway). I seem to be the person coming the furthest here so far though. Everyone is coming from a neighbouring state or two over. Anyone else coming from overseas or from another country for this show? Anyone from the west coast (Oregon, Washington, California) attending?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yay, another Canadian coming down!
    ...AHEM!... Québécois.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fuck me... I was going to buy the single tickets but it's sold out. I could've sworn they were going on sale today.

Oh well...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: 2013.8.2 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

God I wish this was still a tour.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Fuck me... I was going to buy the single tickets but it's sold out. I could've sworn they were going on sale today.

Oh well...
    Tickets were on sale yesterday 10:00 am. How do you guys not prepare for this?

We love Canadians! More the merrier!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    There were a number of us that tried getting tickets the second they went on sale, and got fucked. Did I miss something- were we supposed to do some Voodoo chants while logging into our PC's?

And I'm sure there were more than a handful of people that had shit to do and were occupied. Like being at work, and possibly taking care of their kids.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    There were a number of us that tried getting tickets the second they went on sale, and got fucked. Did I miss something- were we supposed to do some Voodoo chants while logging into our PC's?

And I'm sure there were more than a handful of people that had shit to do and were occupied. Like being at work, and possibly taking care of their kids.
    Whatever, the voodoo chant worked for me Never had a problem getting any tickets...

And NIN tickets like this are much more important than work or taking care of your kids, I remember listening to my son crying in the other room while I sat and clicked F5 for about a half hour.

EDIT: lol wow I actually got some hatemail about this and even a my first Facepalm, from orestes even... I was joking friends Manburning and nine_inch_nerd got it.
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 04-05-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

We love Canadians! More the merrier!
    I don't know why I was thinking April 4th. Silly me. I wanted to travel down but oh well. Maybe I'll just pay a scalper twice the money... :/

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Be careful with the scalpers. Lollapalooza has spotters looking for that for at least a block or two in all directions. And they bust them AFTER the sale, then take your ticket/wristband on your way to the gates. Ugh.

And, btw...I'm in the same boat.

Anyone looking to sell a ticket?

:-\

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    ^ Be careful with the scalpers. Lollapalooza has spotters looking for that for at least a block or two in all directions. And they bust them AFTER the sale, then take your ticket/wristband on your way to the gates. Ugh.

And, btw...I'm in the same boat.

Anyone looking to sell a ticket?

:-\
    Thanks for the warning. I think I'll buy it online. Ugh, so expensive for a single ticket though. I wish someone sold them for face value. Worst part is that I don't want 'a' ticket; I want 4 tickets.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I think I'll buy it online. Ugh, so expensive for a single ticket though. I wish someone sold them for face value. Worst part is that I don't want 'a' ticket; I want 4 tickets.
    Don't buy them yet. It's nearly four months away and the number of tickets on Stubhub increases by the day- prices will definitely go down and wouldn't doubt if you could find them for face value at some point, even the day of the show around the streets.

EDIT: slightly off topic but holy crap, go to Stubhub and check out HTDA tickets. Some of those are practically being given away.
    Last edited by Krazy; 04-09-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Don't buy them yet. It's nearly four months away and the number of tickets on Stubhub increases by the day- prices will definitely go down and wouldn't doubt if you could find them for face value at some point, even the day of the show around the streets.

EDIT: slightly off topic but holy crap, go to Stubhub and check out HTDA tickets. Some of those are practically being given away.
    The only thing is that I live in Toronto and was planning to drive down, so day of the show purchase isn't feasible for me.

With that said, you are right about HTDA tickets. $8 a ticket? I paid $50 and now I'm questioning if I should feel like I should've waited! I'm literally staring at 4 tickets for the price of one! :P