Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    This is a shame. I forgot to touch up on this, for NIN--no screens at all during the set, so a LOT of people center a good ways back saw shit as far as the actual stage goes, I'm pretty sure (based on my experience for Queens, except I had screens to watch for them). If I was right where I was for Queens during NIN, some ways left of the soundboard, at my height of 5'9, I'd have had an audio show. My friends and I couldn't help but feel bad for that fact. I guess I figured the screens would be on...at some point.
    We were hoping they would, but they never did. There were a LOT of short girls around me and they couldn't see a thing. There was even one girl who had staked out a position well before we got there that brought a little folding stool that was about a foot tall. She left about a third of the way through (presumably to find a new spot?) because even with the stool she couldn't see anything. My friend is about 5'5" and she said she couldn't see anything for about 95% of the show. I'm about 5'8" and could usually at least see the tops of the screens onstage but usually couldn't see any of the band. Like I said, though, as it thinned out later I got decent enough views. I guess it's just kind of the price you pay for a festival show. Very disappointing about the side screens, though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I didn't know you weren't there although it seemed kinda clear and I completely knew the rest which is why I made that statement which still stands. Posting details during a live stream from your living room is perfectly fine but while people are at the show I expect that section of the board to be dead.
    Guys, do you do realize this thread is intended for people who attended the show? Take your chatter elsewhere.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    i was there. missed the gift DVD on friday. got it today though!!! persistence.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My friend who is 5'3" couldn't see anything. I guess they had the screens off because of the lighting on the stage, but it still sucks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

2013.08.2 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    We were in back by the left stack and couldn't see anything for the first 30 min or so getting more pissed by the second that the side screens weren't on.. relocated to stage right and couldn't believe how empty it was over there... and it had a decent view.

I'm really hoping someone grabbed the webcast. By the time I got home, ONLY was on the webcast.. I might have captured some from that point on... I basically set it and went to bed. Will check later I guess.

Great set/show overall. Sounded awesome... everything was pretty tight. A little disappointed we didn't get a new song since he premiered new ones for the first two gigs... oh well. I'm also a little disappointed we didn't get Burn... it's always one of my favorites live.

*edit* Looks like I only got a clean copy of HLAH and Hurt. Something happened in the middle of my capture of THTF and it lost a good chunk. Ah well. I couldn't really see the visuals during Hurt from where we were at, so at least that worked out. I'm guessing the "surprize" he was talking about from the Japan show that the live folks would see over the webcast is riff at the very end of Hurt. (Assuming that it also applied to us here) On the webcast... sounds pretty normal. Live... holy shit.. those last three chords were about 3million dB louder than the rest of the song.

Anyway.. if anyone wants those last two songs (if a full recording doesn't turn up or whatever) just hit me up and I'll toss em on youtube. They're 1080p and turned out really well.
    Last edited by kargath; 08-03-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I managed to find all chunks from the original stream (the replay was missing wretched !) I cut the stuff into audio file without changing anything tos the sound and his youtube format
    I may have missed a bad chunk let me know if you hear a glitch, because this was extracted directly from the 2.7Go final full hd file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3z0dcv1yrwtfw46/LvDdWDm68m

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    i forgot to separate song 4&5 this is now done and the files are actually updating

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Guys, do you do realize this thread is intended for people who attended the show? Take your chatter elsewhere.
    I thought this was a board for talking about the individual show/song spoilers as they come etc, my mistake.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

It would have been nice to have the screens on- I could see TR's head occasionally but that was about it. It didn't bother me that much though- I could see the visuals, and my ears told me who was up there. It was excellent. I liked Hurt with Robin accompanying instead of Trent playing piano. I feel like people paid better attention and were more respectful because of it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    a 1080 dvd just went up on dimeadozen

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Excuse my repetitive posts but something is going on with my PC and this forum: I can't move the cursor past the next character, basically like the "enter" button is broke (it's not). Also double clicking below what I post doesn't do the trick either- if anyone has any recommendations let me know. I don't wanna post pics or a link and make a too-wide screen everyone. Anyways here's some Trent funny faced pics via Chicago Tribune.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Also cool personal highlight to cap the night: ran into Ilan about midnight at a pizza joint. Said thanks, awesome show, see you in St. Paul, and something else stupid. He was really cool and seemed genuine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have a dime invite?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Anyone have a dime invite?
    Dime doesn't do invites. Unfortunately, they also don't seem to have registration open at this time, so you're unfortunately stuck until the torrent makes its way somewhere else.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The torrent on DIME is from the re-broadcast, so it's missing a couple of songs.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    Yep that's my setlist... Finally got one after 13 shows! Why are NIN setlists so hard to get...

Anyway, if you look at the bottom, it reads "v2.0"... There's also an earlier revision taped underneath it.
    How does someone attempt to get an official set list? I see this all over music forums yet have no clue...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man yesterday was amazing! I managed to get somewhat near the front. I had on the wave goodbye aragon ballroom grey shirt. I was the dude with the black prescription glasses that broke right before the nin set started that wrapped a bandana around my head to hold them. lol.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    managed to get about 4 feet from the rail. twas nice. and everyone in the pit was super nice as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    How does someone attempt to get an official set list? I see this all over music forums yet have no clue...
    I don't know how to do at large shows like this, but I've managed to get the pixies setlist and seen people get other ones. You just have to ask security nicely or yell at people cleaning the stage from your spot. It's all about begging honestly. lol.

Killer pics by the way. what kind of camera did you use to get those?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qotsa_1992 View Post
    I don't know how to do at large shows like this, but I've managed to get the pixies setlist and seen people get other ones. You just have to ask security nicely or yell at people cleaning the stage from your spot. It's all about begging honestly. lol.

Killer pics by the way. what kind of camera did you use to get those?
    Not my pics- I wish I'd have access to get those. Stole them off Chicago Tribunes site.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not my pics- I wish I'd have access to get those. Stole them off Chicago Tribunes site.
    oh. I was mad that I saw a bunch of people with pro level dslrs that walked in with me that just went through the line without bag check. I wanted to bring mine but didn't wanna risk it. lol.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Also forgot to mention: Trent's dark metallic blue guitar is BEAUTIFUL. Or maybe even more so because it's on him. There's always that.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Also forgot to mention: Trent's dark metallic blue guitar is BEAUTIFUL. Or maybe even more so because it's on him. There's always that.
    Yes. And yes.

Also the local Milwaukee paper is years late to know that TR is the baddest-looking dude to ever shake a tambourine.:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entert...218186572.html

"Bonus observation: During the climax of "Haunted," Reznor picked up a tambourine, shaking it and slapping it against his chest. I don't think this particularly enhanced anything. I sure couldn't hear it. But Reznor did manage to become the baddest-looking dude to ever shake a tambourine in the history of mankind."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I fucking hate festivals and swore I would never go to Lolla again, but of course NIN happened and I had to go (the only band that could've gotten me to go this year). And I still hate Lolla, it's pretty awful, but NIN was fucking amazing, which made it worth it. I might have teared up some during What If We Could? haha. I can't wait to watch the stream!

edit: the only thing is I wish they had the video screens on the sides on! I'm short so I couldn't see the band all that well and that was a little disheartening, but it was amazing regardless, the light show was enough honestly, always have faith in Rob Sheridan <3
    Last edited by ihatecrayons; 08-03-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: complimenting rob sheridan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Basically you go the front after the show ends and yell "setlist" until someone takes pity on you.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecrayons View Post
    I fucking hate festivals and swore I would never go to Lolla again, but of course NIN happened and I had to go (the only band that could've gotten me to go this year). And I still hate Lolla, it's pretty awful, but NIN was fucking amazing, which made it worth it. I might have teared up some during What If We Could? haha. I can't wait to watch the stream!

edit: the only thing is I wish they had the video screens on the sides on! I'm short so I couldn't see the band all that well and that was a little disheartening, but it was amazing regardless, the light show was enough honestly, always have faith in Rob Sheridan <3
    I think we share the same brain when it comes to Lolla/huge festivals. NIN, and MAYBE one or two other bands I could justify seeing for putting up with the people and crowd and other BS.

Even though I'm a very short person (5'5" on a good day) I'm all for shutting down the side screens at the stage- also realize I'll probably be in the minority on this. I've always found them to be distracting regardless of what I'm missing for some reason. Only time I found them entertaining is for Tool shows where they have their videos/ screens going to that particular song.

Damn I can't wait now for St. Paul to see what's in store for Tension 2013.