Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Really digging this series so far. The sense of creepiness and/or dread it inspires is unlike anything I have ever seen on TV.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Holy shit! Scott Thompson? I just now recognized him. Cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So at the start of the episode the slideshow says all the victims had brown eyes but the daughter has blue eyes?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    EDIT: false information. nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone outside of the US know when they will be showing the full episode 4? Everything I've seen about the air date has changed several times now. =/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiovoyr View Post
    Does anyone outside of the US know when they will be showing the full episode 4? Everything I've seen about the air date has changed several times now. =/
    I saw that it airs in asia on tuesday.

I'm just about caught up with it. I'm pretty lukewarm about it. It has it's moments, but it seems like they're trying a little too hard to be edgy, and more focused on the imagery than anything else.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They should have just put that episode on "on-demand" so anyone that wants to watch it, could instead of just removing it completely.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    With all due resepect to the victims I almost never get why a television show gets pulled off the air because of such events. The imaginery is way too far fetched by my liking to be linked to the bombings and well, after all... it's just television and not reality. Tell me if I'm wrong or if I just don't get it as a European, but moves likes this keep puzzling me whenever they occur, especially with a show like Hannibal which clearly is not about the present or the state of the nation, but based on a figure in literature and around quite a different subject.

Other than that I'm holding on until the full episode is aired before I get to episode 5. This show still has to catch my full attention, but it is doing well so far and I just love Mads Mikkelsen although I still have some gripes about him being Lecter as he is very different of Hopkins and everything I've pictured when reading the novel quite some time ago (haven't read them all).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Hopefully that news boosts the ratings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Hannibal

I still think it's too soon to tell.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    If anyone here uses Vudu, the removed episode 4 is streaming. If you don't have an account, it's free to sign up, $1.99 for the episode in standard def, $2.99 in High Def. It's better to watch on Vudu than regular TV anyway...

Edit: Just finished it. NBC sucks, it was not even bad... Vudu.com is airing the entire 43 minute episode, not the 20 edited bs on the net. Can NBC drop this show and have HBO pick it up?
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 05-02-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If NBC ditches the series, I hope the creators decided to seek out other venues. I'd even suggest they speak to Netflix, if they sign up with them, they won't have to worry about censoring content as much, and can create a more disturbing series, as anything related to Hannibal should be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    If NBC ditches the series, I hope the creators decided to seek out other venues. I'd even suggest they speak to Netflix, if they sign up with them, they won't have to worry about censoring content as much, and can create a more disturbing series, as anything related to Hannibal should be.
    TV shows moving to new stations after being canned on another is something becoming more normal these days so there's always that possibility. Too bad it wasn't like that back when Bryan Fullers other shows were cancelled. Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies all had huge cult followings but none of them managed to find new homes (although dead like me did get that movie, i guess). If you like Hannibal I'd recommend those 3 shows too. It's cool to watch Bryan Fuller's progression. All three shows are about odd characters solving weird mysteries using their own special abilities and except for Wonderfalls, are very death central.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will be extremely pissed if this gets cancelled. Mads is quickly becoming the definitive portrayal of Hannibal in my eyes.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I feel like this show gets closer to the movie(s) as the episodes go by. I definitely recognise scenes and/or ideas taken from the movies (or the book probably, I haven't read it) in the last couple of episodes. And the overall focus seems to shift to Hannibal rather than the case of the week. To sum up: The last couple of episodes have been badass!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    I feel like this show gets closer to the movie(s) as the episodes go by. I definitely recognise scenes and/or ideas taken from the movies (or the book probably, I haven't read it) in the last couple of episodes. And the overall focus seems to shift to Hannibal rather than the case of the week. To sum up: The last couple of episodes have been badass!
    They are doing an excellent job at sprinkling in scenes and references from the books in a way that preserves the integrity of the original idea and places firmly in this take of the story without coming off as pandering or tacked on. I feel like everyone in involved with the writing has a serious respect for the source material.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Still no word on renewal. I'm a bit worried.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What's the most recent episode? My DVR is being wonky. Is it the "recipe" episode? Im liking the show a lot but still think they could have cast Hannibal better. I like the guy who plays him, he's got a creepy vibe to him, but he's so stiff. I miss the sarcastic smart ass Hannibal.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The one that aired this past week is titled "Fromage".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Still no word on renewal. I'm a bit worried.
    I'd expect an announcement this week if not next. The recent buzz is that Amazon "and at least one cable network" is interested in picking it up. From what I've read it costs very little for NBC to distribute it here, which would be a no-brainer for them as far as keeping it, along with the critical praise. But this is NBC.

I'd really like to see AMC get it. They could use the critical push once Mad Men and Breaking Bad are gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I'd expect an announcement this week if not next. The recent buzz is that Amazon "and at least one cable network" is interested in picking it up. From what I've read it costs very little for NBC to distribute it here, which would be a no-brainer for them as far as keeping it, along with the critical praise. But this is NBC.

I'd really like to see AMC get it. They could use the critical push once Mad Men and Breaking Bad are gone.
    AMC crossed my mind too. I was also wondering what the odds of Showtime picking it up would be... they will have a serious serial killer void to fill next year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Renewed. 13 episodes next season.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    As this series rolls on, especially after last night, I'm more convinced this is one of the best shows on network TV right now. The lighting, the music, the acting, the way the story rolls out...all of it sets the perfect and very original mood to TV. I can't think of anything I've watched before that's like this. I'm glad to see it's still going.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hannibal

I don't know if it's just me but I'm struggling to really get into it, I think I'm only 4 shows in but definitely gonna stick with it cos i really do think it will be one of the best things on tv

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any Dead Like Me fans out there?

Georgia Madchen -> Madchen meaning 'girl' or 'lass' in German -> Georgia Lass

I never even knew Bryan Fuller was the same guy behind DLM until this connection. Loved that show too, very off-beat in a way that didn't appeal to most people.
    Last edited by Hula; 06-01-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: picture vanished for some reason :c

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Same actress too, believe it or not.