Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The Men Who Rule the World:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sure hope that grows on me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I wasn't sure what I really thought of the song there, until the "money money money" Abba reference, and then I decided I liked it.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-01-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Couple more listens through headphones and I dig it. It's quirky.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    For some reason it's giving me beautifulgarbage vibes, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It was jarring to me just like the first listen of Androgyny was way back when. It's nice to see them not just churning out a typical Garbage sounding song to lead the album anyway. Excited to see where the rest of the album goes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I feel like this song and this video would have been more impactful a few years ago. But, I'm still hopeful; every Garbage album since their first has had AT LEAST four straight up amazing tracks on it, often more.

Trying to hold judgement until more comes out.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I liked "No Horses" a bit better, but it's ok

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

TIL this exists. Kewl.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Another new track coming tonight! Chat on YouTube from 7:30pm (UK time), and the song will also air first on BBC radio. Should be good! Proper video this time too, by the looks of it.
    Glad to say I got a ticket for the one-off headline show alongside the Blondie tour - this is in Bournemouth, strangely... just along the coast from me though, so happy days.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    The video I can take or leave, but the song is straight up Garbage. Dig this A LOT more than that first track.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    The video I can take or leave, but the song is straight up Garbage. Dig this A LOT more than that first track.
    Agreed. "The Men Who Rule the World" didn't grab me (although it wasn't a bad song by any means), but I've been listening to "No Gods No Masters" on repeat for the last...20 minutes? Now I'm looking forward to this album. Don't know if I should buy the Deluxe CD (I'd love to have No Horses on a physical format) or vinyl (I used to buy CDs for a long time, now I buy new music in vinyl -when I want to buy a physical format-.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 04-29-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Look at this totally 80s cutie pie:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Agreed. "The Men Who Rule the World" didn't grab me (although it wasn't a bad song by any means), but I've been listening to "No Gods No Masters" on repeat for the last...20 minutes? Now I'm looking forward to this album. Don't know if I should buy the Deluxe CD (I'd love to have No Horses on a physical format) or vinyl (I used to buy CDs for a long time, now I buy new music in vinyl -when I want to buy a physical format-.
    I get you. There's maybe...six artists who I'll pre-order no matter what, but Garbage isn't one of them. When the album drops, I'll reassess if this is a deluxe purchase or a digital purchase.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Look at this totally 80s cutie pie:

Why is the lead singer David Duchovny and Adam Sandler?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I enjoyed The Men Who Rule The World but I agree with people saying No Gods No Masters is so much better. TMWRTW is sort of this weird off kilter Beautiful Garbage-y song (which isn't a bad thing at all) but NGNM just ticks all the right boxes.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    New video / single. Easily my favorite of those they've released.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    New video / single. Easily my favorite of those they've released.

Great track, but...is EVERYONE a furry now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My vinyls have shipped and will arrive tomorrow. It leaked 2 days ago, and the album is fantastic! (wait until you hear Godhead). The band is doing a listening party on Youtube tomorrow and will also be on Seth Myers show. All streaming services on Friday.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Really excited to hear the full album tomorrow. Not sure if my CD has been shipped yet, so I'll be looking for a download asap. Love seeing lots of positive reviews, although the 'best album since...' stuff is a little annoying. Strange Little Birds was excellent, and fairly well received if I remember correctly? Whatevs. See you at the listening party.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Really excited to hear the full album tomorrow. Not sure if my CD has been shipped yet, so I'll be looking for a download asap. Love seeing lots of positive reviews, although the 'best album since...' stuff is a little annoying. Strange Little Birds was excellent, and fairly well received if I remember correctly? Whatevs. See you at the listening party.
    I'm at the listening party, 4 tracks in, and I can already tell that this is going to be a classic. The Creeps and Uncomfortably Me are great, The Creeps is such a banger. And goddamn I just LOVE Shirley's voice, it's the gift that keeps on giving. Both The Creeps and Godhead have such a strong NIN vibe. I think this is going to be a Top 3 Garbage album for me (up there with Strange Little Birds and Version 2.0 -followed closely by self titled-).

Good lord this was just an amazing album, absolutely no filler in there. I'd say it's AOTY material. I was a little worried because of the three singles, I wasn't that sold on The Men Who Rule the World and Wolves (instantly fell in love with No Gods No Masters the single). But today I spent listening to The Men Who Rule the World nonstop ahead of the listening party, something clicked along the way. And Wolves makes more sense in the context of the full album.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 06-10-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Godhead tho.... definitely inspired by Depeche Mode / NIN / Gary Numan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    another good album. glad to have them around in 2021
    Delighted with the bonus disc too, always wanted those tracks on cd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Really bummed that my vinyl "shipped" a few days ago, but tracking doesn't show it actually shipped. Wanted that to be my first experience.. It's hard holding out seeing the great reactions. 4.5 stars on all music, best review there since V2.0!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow... this album is a lot better than I was expecting.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    That Godhead tho.... definitely inspired by Depeche Mode / NIN / Gary Numan.
    ...or possibly even Godhead.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Wow... this album is a lot better than I was expecting.
    Yes, much better than i was expecting and miles better than "Strange Little Birds" and "Not you kind of People" (wasn't a fan of both...)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Godhead is fireeeeeeee

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Loving the record. I was starting to doubt my commitment to physical media for my favourite artists, but the deluxe CD packaging is really nice - glad somebody is making the effort outside of vinyl. Nice having a collection of the non-album singles from the past few years too.
    Hope all goes well, virus-wise, for their US tour. November still seems a long way off for the UK shows so keeping hopeful.