Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Boards of Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't wait for an extended mix of sorts for Palace Posy - wish the end went on longer - Split Your Infinities might be my favorite right now

I've listened to this entire album 5 times now in proper headphones and I am beyond thrilled this exists!

Another article: http://www.thefader.com/2013/06/11/b...ws-harvest-lp/

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    For whatever reason, today I spun the album in it's intended 33rpm but then decided to spin it again doing 45 and it sounded really fucking cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wish Amazon would ship my order already. WTF.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I wish Amazon would ship my order already. WTF.
    i placed my order yesterday and it already shipped and made it most of the way here...did you order the vinyl or CD?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    CD. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago with some other items that I have in-hand. Weird.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    CD. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago with some other items that I have in-hand. Weird.
    hmmm...maybe there was a delay with the CDs coming out of the warehouse? i ordered vinyl.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this is one of those cases where the vinyl copy sounds magically better than any digital version I've found

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The most cohesive album Boards of Canada have ever produced. I feel like it is their masterwork. Something builds and develops throughout the album like a story unfolding. It's ominous, mysterious and even sad. The main theme reappears throughout the album.... Like the alien conspiracy on x files before it got cheesy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    this is the third album i've felt this way about this year (the other two being ...Like Clockwork by QOTSA and Shaking The Habitual by The Knife): it is perfect. it flows seamlessly from beginning to end, and i feel changed when i come out the other side.

like ...Like Clockwork (but unlike Shaking The Habitual), the artwork is incredibly gorgeous, and all three also sound fantastic on vinyl.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Boards of Canada

I've yet to listen to BOC, I'll lend my ear to them in a bit after I get set up at work.

These guys are from my hometown...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't know if i'd recommend starting with the new album...maybe start with campfire headphase, work backwards, and then listen to the new album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The album made number 7 in UK album charts. Thats really rare for an artist of this calibre. the cult has grown massively!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I picked a remix EP today at my the la ameoba and there is one extra track by BOC. When I fly back home ill tell you guys what is think although you guys probably already heard it

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i'm back on this thread after a few months of listening to this album. it's great, but challenging...a little hard to listen to in a way, like Geogaddi. But it's rewarding. Anyway i wanted to ask if you guys think the album tells a story, and if so, what is the story about?

I think it does. I think it's about some sort of apocalypse and what the few survivors do in the aftermath. i can just SEE it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Music Has The Right To Children got re-released on vinyl. I need to pick that up soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i'm back on this thread after a few months of listening to this album. it's great, but challenging...a little hard to listen to in a way, like Geogaddi. But it's rewarding. Anyway i wanted to ask if you guys think the album tells a story, and if so, what is the story about?

I think it does. I think it's about some sort of apocalypse and what the few survivors do in the aftermath. i can just SEE it.
    I was listening to Tomorrow's Harvest while reading Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep and it went with the book really well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Music Has The Right To Children got re-released on vinyl. I need to pick that up soon.

I preordered the three LP package. Now the waiting begins. November 18!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just because:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Geogaddi's Gyroscope was used for a very creepy effect in the horror film Sinister.
    It was fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Geogaddi's Gyroscope was used for a very creepy effect in the horror film Sinister.
    It was fucking awesome.
    For someone who REALLY hates modern horror films, I thought that film was actually pretty good.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    For someone who REALLY hates modern horror films, I thought that film was actually pretty good.
    no doubt.

i LOVE horror films, but they have to be fucking PERFECT.

try occulus, berberian sound studio, the conjuring, insidious, here comes the devil, mama....there are some good ones inbetween the bullshit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Some new Boards of Canada. Even if it's just a remix I hope it inspires them to make a new album.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder if anyone in the world has the first demos of their music and is willing to share them online, heard it's extremely rare to get a hold of them to buy and also stream nowadays. Any thoughts/theories?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Oh, Jesus. So, i just looked this Nevermen up, and it's fucking Mike Patton with DOSEONE?!

hey @BRoswell : i've a funny story about Doseone/Subtle and BoC. I saw Subtle in an obscure club with about 60 people in it, in Dallas, in 07 or so.

And, after the show, i walked up to meet the "live pa man/dj" guy in the group, Gel.
    This was my first experience with Anticon ANYTHING. SO, i say to Gel: Man, you're REALLY badass. I love the music you're making. You know like, Boards of Canada..." and he cut me off saying, "Oh yeah, i know those guys. I just saw them a couple weeks ago."
    I meant "you know boards of canada" as in "have you HEARD Boards of Canada," and was going to suggest that his work reminded me of them

I was fucking stunned, lol. That was one hell of a flex.

Out of respect for the secrecy, i just said "word, killer. You sound a bit like those guys," and didn't ask him any BoC questions- plus, i was 27, and wanted to seem I-C-E cold. A pretty girl had asked ME out to this particular show, so, i wasn't gonna fanboy over ANYTHING, you know? :P

SO!

Remixed by Boards of Canada- NOT Hell Interface.

Could we be seeing another BoC LP soon?

Good god, i hope so. And i hope it's not as fucking GRIM as the last one. I utterly adore everything they've ever put out, but Tomorrow's Harvest is just fucking depressing on another level.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Cool story! Also, I highly recommend listening to the other Nevermen remix they did back when the album came out in 2016.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Cool story! Also, I highly recommend listening to the other Nevermen remix they did back when the album came out in 2016.

Are you a Doseone fan?