Page 1 of 104 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar

Hot Topic is apparently about to release a 2xLP 180g repressing of Antichrist Superstar. So, you know, be on the lookout.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Hot Topic is apparently about to release a 2xLP 180g repressing of Antichrist Superstar. So, you know, be on the lookout.
    Do you have a source that you could cite?

Edit: never mind.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Do you have a source that you could cite?

Edit: never mind.
    Not gonna lie, I usually try to stay away from buying vinyl from Hot Topic, but I may have to cave and get that. That red looks great. Will look good next to my original pressing of Mechanical Animals.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Antichrist Superstar has received the vinyl repress from Hot Topic once again. It's rumored to be limited to 1500 copies and comes pressed on red wax. I just picked I two copies up and HT is doing a buy one, get one 50% off sale on everything in their store. Go get'em while you still can!

Reg price: $21.99

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i actually would set foot in a hot topic (and hopefully not burst into flame) to pick this up, but there isn't one in nyc. shame that there's a bunch on ebay for way too much money already.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 02-19-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    lol, id pick one up too, thats actually pretty nice.

I used to work at one, back in high school. Snagged my Into the Void import single back when that would have been new, straight out of a box of stock for the store. Well, i paid for it of course, but it never hit the shelf, and still to this day is unopended

sorry for the hijack, memories though ya kno?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Not my photos, but I thought I would share with you all.....

It has the NOTHING logo on the back too.....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There are no Hot Topic stores near me. Would anyone be cool enough to grab me a copy? and I can send some money their way?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    There are no Hot Topic stores near me. Would anyone be cool enough to grab me a copy? and I can send some money their way?
    Just a heads up that not EVERY Hot Topic store gets their exclusive titles. It's always a random select few. Especially for such a limited release as this one. Your best bet will be to just buy it on HotTopic.com when they put it on the site.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

^^^
    This is correct. My location only had two copies of it. I had to drive 40min south of Seattle to pick up another two copies for some friends....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    Just tried to order a copy.. after entering my card info etc, they tell me "well, if we have stock we'll send you a copy"

That's kinda screwed up.

I mean, if I wanted to give my email and credit card info to Hot Topic and not get anything for it, I guess I could have done that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Just tried to order a copy.. after entering my card info etc, they tell me "well, if we have stock we'll send you a copy"

That's kinda screwed up.

I mean, if I wanted to give my email and credit card info to Hot Topic and not get anything for it, I guess I could have done that.
    Did they charge your card yet... or did they put it as a bill when shipped status? It sounds like HT is having cart troubles or something... A couple of people on my other forum said that they ordered one around 7:30 tonight and they got an email a couple hours later saying it wasnt available anymore. I ordered mine right before I posted that link and it checked me out and said everything was good... so far no cancellation email yet. Hopefully it starts working for you.

BTW, I used paypal checkout... not sure if that would have responded different for you. I wouldnt think they would have sold out already.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got a sold out email... paypal is still pending and the record is still listed on the site as available.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yep. I ordered it last night and got an email about 5am saying it was sold out. Fuck Hot Topic.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    yep me too. Oh well. So much for that.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yep. I ordered it last night and got an email about 5am saying it was sold out. Fuck Hot Topic.
    Fuck Hot Topic? Why, because you were late to the party? It's a limited edition release.......

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Fuck Hot Topic? Why, because you were late to the party? It's a limited edition release.......
    No... because they suck in general for a LOT of reasons. Also, fuck them for being a megachain that can't update their servers in time to remove sold out merch from their website before you enter in your info.

I can think of a few reasons why I'd rather not have given my credit card and email to Hot Topic.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    even with an artist of this caliber, 1500 is a lot of copies to move in such a short period of time. and yes, if they let people check all the way out through the process and collected credit card numbers only then to cancel their orders, fuck them indeed for poorly managing their affairs.

however, buying more than one copy of a limited release to gouge it on ebay later is the worst offense, already happening on ebay. there will likely be copies to be found in stores so anyone buying into that ebay hype is also ridiculous.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They're not pissed it was sold out. They're pissed that they actually placed on order, only to get an e-mail later saying, "You know that thing you ordered? We didn't actually have any."

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    They're not pissed it was sold out. They're pissed that they actually placed on order, only to get an e-mail later saying, "You know that thing you ordered? We didn't actually have any."
    EXACTLY.

Although, to progress this irritation even further, here's what this guy named Travis who works for Hot Topic distrobution said on the Vinyl Collective forums:

t's not sold out yet. I don't think a single copy has actually been sold on HT.com yet. When it goes up before its supposed to any orders placed get canceled because the systems sees it as having no stock yet. Sorry for the inconvenience, these should be up for real soon. No need to freak out or go to ebay, there's still a ton of these left. If they sell out really quick, we'll get more pressed.
    SO it's good that it's NOT sold out, but yeah, there's the official confirmation that Hot Topic released it for purchase without actually physically having any copies, and having all of my information on hand for like 5 hours before saying "oops, sorry". It's just careless and irresponsible. So yes, TIMP, fuck Hot Topic.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

*plays the world's smallest violin*

Tell you what Richard, ill sell you one of my copies......

#callmetheasshole

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 02-22-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wow man, you're SO badass.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You don't have to troll people first in order to have an excuse to put up the braggy photo, TIMP.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

@NotoriousTIMP Um dude, you need to send one of those my way.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP Um dude, you need to send one of those my way.
    How does $10 + shipping sound?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    How does $10 + shipping sound?
    Just let me know and I'll PayPal it. <3

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I got the version of portrait with the green discs from one of hottopics "reissues", and it reeked of cheapness. it came with an ok tshirt, just the cover of the album. but there wasnt much else, no lyrics or nothing, just the pictures of the band from the booklet, on the back. it was made under license to bravado merchandising, and this was back in 2009. the picture of manson on the record was even from the eat me drink me era (fail!). id post pix, but my cameras flash is messed up and im not taking it outside in this snowcrap thats going on right now. (if i ever get around to it, ill snap some pix of my Mechanical Animals, the one with the trans blue/white discs. i had no idea how limited it was when i bought it new in 98 or 99, so of course i opened it right away. regardless, that was a vinyl done right! alternate tracklisting, creative insert sheets. i just cant bring myself to ever play it, but i bet it sounds optimal!)

anyways, hopefuly this ACSS reissue is manufactured to a higher standard!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-22-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Back up guys....

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just ordered it again, hopefully they actually have the copies and I don't get another "oops, sorry" email in a few hours.