Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Are any of the original trilogy of Gears games on PC?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Are any of the original trilogy of Gears games on PC?
    I believe so...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The original is for sure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There's a new app called Gears Pop (think Funko characters) that's fairly fun. You can join squads to play Horde mode...so yeah, look for the crew 'Darkbringer' and join my crew you savages.

Oh you can sign in with your gamertag and earn real achievements too.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The only game I tried in this series was 2... if it wasn’t my thing is it safe to assume I won’t like the other entries?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The only game I tried in this series was 2... if it wasn’t my thing is it safe to assume I won’t like the other entries?
    Most likely

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Most likely
    Multiplayer in 2 is absolute dogshit due to the lag and net code problems.

The campaign was fun. The roadie run and gameplay was slowed down a bit also.

I suggest you try Gears of War: Ultimate Edition to decide if this series is for you. GOW1 is amazing even to this day and the remastered version did a good justice to it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    anyone else start playing yet? I fell asleep during the update last night so I will have to wait until today

oh yeah....

https://dotesports.com/gears-of-war/...gears-of-war-5

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    anyone else start playing yet? I fell asleep during the update last night so I will have to wait until today

oh yeah....

https://dotesports.com/gears-of-war/...gears-of-war-5
    I'm disappointed that I ordered the only Gears 5 Ultimate Edition at the store I got it from and the bottom of the case is dented and I didn't realize until it was too late.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finished the campaign and must say the story/ending are pretty great. [spoiler]Near the end where you have to choose who lives between JD or Del was a surprising plot twist.[/url]

Too bad it's still bugged where almost all collectibles found and campaign progress doesn't update as it should. Still says I'm at 32% campaign completion lol. Oh well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Finished the campaign and must say the story/ending are pretty great. [spoiler]Near the end where you have to choose who lives between JD or Del was a surprising plot twist.[/url]

Too bad it's still bugged where almost all collectibles found and campaign progress doesn't update as it should. Still says I'm at 32% campaign completion lol. Oh well.
    This game's launch is abysmal dogshit.

A first party game (if not the only in 2019?) that had more or less free ultimate game pass downloads out the wazoo, normal purchasers and a huge fanbase should've been more prepared. The tech test demo for two weeks straight also should have helped stress their server issues and allow the team to ease into a huge release. I have no idea why they didn't think this launch wasn't going to be as big as it was.

When the game can't even save or track your progress in campaign (I'm in Act II) collectables and stats there's a problem.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    This game's launch is abysmal dogshit.

A first party game (if not the only in 2019?) that had more or less free ultimate game pass downloads out the wazoo, normal purchasers and a huge fanbase should've been more prepared. The tech test demo for two weeks straight also should have helped stress their server issues and allow the team to ease into a huge release. I have no idea why they didn't think this launch wasn't going to be as big as it was.

When the game can't even save or track your progress in campaign (I'm in Act II) collectables and stats there's a problem.
    Honestly, I'm not even bothered by any of this. It's happened with so many other games that its become the norm...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'm not even bothered by any of this. It's happened with so many other games that its become the norm...
    It shouldn’t be expected as the norm. I don’t give a shit overall and I’ve more or less ignored the game until they get their shit straightened out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Clearly lol.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    FINALLY got around to playing Gears5 a few nights ago and I'm loving it so far (even with the glitches and whatnot). This entry is much better than Gears4 so if you're on the fence, I say go ahead and give it a shot and I'm pretty positive you wont be disappointed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally re-upped a few days ago, weird how when you're playing and it shows the two team rosters before a match, there's no indication of how many times you've re-upped. It's like 'I swear I'm not only level 2, I swear."

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    FINALLY got around to playing Gears5 a few nights ago and I'm loving it so far (even with the glitches and whatnot). This entry is much better than Gears4 so if you're on the fence, I say go ahead and give it a shot and I'm pretty positive you wont be disappointed.
    Hate to say it but Gears of War 4 is vastly superior to 5 multiplayer wise to me. I can't stand most of the changes and the abysmal matchmaking is tiresome.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Hate to say it but Gears of War 4 is vastly superior to 5 multiplayer wise to me. I can't stand most of the changes and the abysmal matchmaking is tiresome.
    Oh, I haven't touched online play, I'm talking about normal game play/story

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    About halfway to re-upping a 2nd time, but now also wanna unlock the Warden character...but damn, equipped the token and then looked at what you have to grind to get him. Dang.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Turns out that for the Series X, not only will there be the expected technical (visual, framerate, etc.) upgrades for launch, but The Coalition has quietly been working on actual additions such as achievements, skins, characters, difficulty modes, etc. as well as more story DLC soon after.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit he got the role.

edit: Maybe? Nothing official yet I guess. Either way, he has to get it.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 11-10-2022 at 05:56 PM.