Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just rocked 21,000+ points in a single match without dying while on the Cog side. Overrun is too much fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Just rocked 21,000+ points in a single match without dying while on the Cog side. Overrun is too much fun.
    That's good to hear considering that's where every bit of focus is for this game. I didn't pre-order from Gamestop so no early access for me. I'll just wait till Tuesday, not far away anyways. People that have this early access and rank up to level 30 wont be any better than me anyways. Rank is a number only, doesn't mean you're better.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wait until you see how different even the base mechanics of moving are lol. The people at level 30 will be better than you.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wait until you see how different even the base mechanics of moving are lol. The people at level 30 will be better than you.
    Why? Special unlock privilege shit due to rank?

If so, then I must say that is unfair bullshit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For me the different button layout was the hardest obstacle to overcome. No wall bouncing, weaker Gnasher, no active reload, different way to toss grenades, larger blast radius, different characters, it's familiar sure, but practically a new game in a lot of aspects. It's more tactical now instead of Gnasher wars in every match. Skyline is a pretty tight map, I'm diggin' it more than the Estate map I played in Seattle.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For me the different button layout was the hardest obstacle to overcome. No wall bouncing, weaker Gnasher, no active reload, different way to toss grenades, larger blast radius, different characters, it's familiar sure, but practically a new game in a lot of aspects. It's more tactical now instead of Gnasher wars in every match. Skyline is a pretty tight map, I'm diggin' it more than the Estate map I played in Seattle.
    Then I'm fine with it. Only thing that peeves me is the unnecessary button layout reconfiguration. LB for the Tacom and the d-pad for weapon swapping was a good, easy method. Now like every other shooter it'll be Y and down on d-pad for tacom. Very blah.

I knew of most changes and I expect Overrun as such but core gameplay on standard multiplayer will be same old.

Only thing that'll piss me off is if there's tons of Retro Lancer douchebags. Fucking hate that overpowered weapon.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

If you guys haven't pre-ordered a copy yet, I would try and make it to a Microsoft store to do so. They're giving away 1600 MS points which pretty much gets you the season pass for free with 2x the XP

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    If you guys haven't pre-ordered a copy yet, I would try and make it to a Microsoft store to do so. They're giving away 1600 MS points which pretty much gets you the season pass for free with 2x the XP
    That's exactly what I did. Free pass and I get the best pre-order character, Alex Brand.

My friend gave me an OverRun Demo code. Not bad but still trying to get used to it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just scored this weapon skin for free, it's ridiculous...which is probably why I dig it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

I'm about 30th in line at the Microsoft store in Bellevue, WA....looks like we're doing a tournament tonight and we can win cool swag. Ill post up later with what the prizes are

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I'm about 30th in line at the Microsoft store in Bellevue, WA....looks like we're doing a tournament tonight and we can win cool swag. Ill post up later with what the prizes are
    Lucky, I'm stuck waiting until whenever UPS decides to give me my order. I just had to go with Microsoft Store, best pre-order bonuses.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    we got some cool GoW:J shirt and the tournament is about to start for more cool stuff.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Big screen that was set up in the back of the store....

Moving banner that was played on all of the long screens throughout the store

Consoles that were set up for the tournament

The tourney begins (I lost in the first round )

And my take home from the night

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Got mine in the mail just now! I still have schoolwork to do so won't pop on until much later.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I can imagine space having the game out and in the corner of his eye. As he keeps looking back and forth from book to game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I can imagine space having the game out and in the corner of his eye. As he keeps looking back and forth from book to game.
    You know it.

Luckily it is a computer screen. Working Adobe Illustrator, fixing up one of my projects.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I have an extra paintball weapon skin code if anyone wants it. Shoot me a PM if you do.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have an extra paintball weapon skin code if anyone wants it. Shoot me a PM if you do.
    I got that skin on my Retro. Looks sick.

I bought some skins off the Marketplace. I only liked a few. Bought 3 skins and 2 armor skins.

Weapon Skins - Shark, Aurora and X-Ray
    Armor Skins - Program and Zombie

Just waiting on my Alex Brand code, my Classic Hammerburst code and my 1600 MSP to buy the VIP Pass.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-21-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: fuck up

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just beat the main campaign with my girl on Hardcore difficulty. Scored 99 stars in total and did all Declassified Missions. Hella fun. Loved this campaign. Exciting, fresh, fun, funny and entirely new spin on things.

Doing Aftermath tomorrow sometime then gonna go whole hog into multiplayer depravity. I fucking love the Breechshot playlist they currently got. I miss the old formula but this new scheme and layout isn't so bad, just a bit more odd and unbalanced at times.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

I too beat the main campaign and now plan on doing it again on insane fun stuff but I felt it was kinda short....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New DLC and title update drop tomorrow. Haven't played in about a week, but the 3x XP should help me re-up for the second time sooner than expected...hopefully lol.

DLC Update

• The first DLC pack and Title Update for Gears of War: Judgment is dropping a few days early. Tomorrow, (Friday, March 29) in fact!
    • The pack includes a new multiplayer map called Haven and the fan-favorite mode Execution.
    • We have created special playlists for Haven and Execution which will feature 2 XP for a limited time. VIP pass holders will receive 3 XP within that playlist for a limited time.
    • IMPORTANT: You must download the DLC pack directly from the Xbox 360 dashboard or add it to your download queue via Xbox.com. The dialogue box prompting you to download the pack in-game is not functioning properly and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Title Update Details

• Various dedicated server improvements.
    • Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
    • Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
    • Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
    • Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
    • If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
    • Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
    • While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
    • The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
    • The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
    • If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
    • You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
    • Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
    • Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
    • You will now see XP tallies between matches.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just read this on EPIC Forums and was about to post.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I read it on the internet and posted it on ETS.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I read it on the internet and posted it on ETS.
    EPIC Forums is on the internet though? Mindfuck much? O.o

New map is good, very much reminds me of the Gears 1 map Mausoleum.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So...close...to re-upping for the 3rd time....ugh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So...close...to re-upping for the 3rd time....ugh.
    Already?

I'm level 5 of my 3rd run now. 45 levels to go till the third re-up and last achievement for it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, that third re-up was a bit of a grind but on to the next.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I can't even conceive of getting to level 50 the first time. Having fun with the single player, but it feels like everyone on multiplayer is so far beyond my skill level that it's anti-fun. I guess that's what happens when you get into the series 5 years after everyone else and are up against long-term vets haha. I played a decent amount of Horde when 3 first came out (my introduction to the series), but the co-op and competitive multi modes are a completely different kettle of fish on this one. I love the campaigns in all the Gears games but missing out on most of the multiplayer achievements is doing no favours for my Gamerscore...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stick with Overrun, that should net you some solid XP...it's the most fun mode for me as well. Hell, I'm already level 15 already again. But if you're in to the campaign, as long as you're havin' fun, stick with it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hit Re-Up number four today...thinking it's a taaaaad bit easier to level up than the previous two Gears games lol.