Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    A lot of stuff went live for Xbox today, including the YouTube app. Everything has been available now for a few hours. Keep calm, broski.
    I got it anyways, it took about 40 minutes to download. I'm in Chapter 4 out of 5. It's fun and adds a whole new perspective into the series. The portions where you play as RAAM and the Locust Squad he has is fun and different. The Foreshadowing achievement (In a Public match, as RAAM, execute a player who is Mihn 10 times) will be a bitch to get. I don't even wanna play as RAAM in multiplayer, I wanna be my beloved Savage Kantus.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I beat RAAM'S Shadow in standard campaign and have gotten the Finger of Doom, Ghosts from the Past and Foreshadowing achievements in addition. I ended up getting lucky and getting the latter in 3 matches - 2 executions in quick match, 6 in ranked and another 2 in ranked. Glad that's over. Phew.

The new exclusive weapon skins - mint and candy cane, are cool. Love to see the mint stay even after Gearsmas is over.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    3rd DLC - Fenix Rising Announced - January 17, 2012

Release Date:
    January 17, 2012
    Price: Included in the Season Pass or 800 MSP on the Xbox Live Marketplace ($10)

MAPS

Escalation - Haldane Hall has been the home of the Fenix family for countless generations. But the only history that matters to Marcus’s are his memories of warm summer evenings spent with his mother, Elain, relaxing in the estate’s gardens. Sadly, all the estate’s history and beauty was lost when the Locust destroyed it in an attempt to kidnap his father.

Academy - The lineage of the Fenix family can be traced back along a distinguished line of military officers. Officer training at the Oracle Academy was simply the expected path for Marcus, and he had visited the grounds many times in expectation that he would walk the same path as his ancestors. But it was not to be, and Marcus broke with tradition to be with his best friends Dom and Carlos. Like any number of fine Seran traditions, the Academy is now lost to the invasion of the Locust Horde.

Slab- Convicted for insubordination and treason, Marcus was incarcerated in Jacinto Maximum Security Prison. Known as “The Slab”, this prison is not a correctional facility – it’s a place where Sera’s worst offenders are locked up and forgotten. The inmates are brutal, parole is not an option, and the average life expectancy is about two years. But that was before the Locust showed up, and what couldn’t get worse, suddenly did. Now your life expectancy there is around 2 minutes.

Anvil - The fortress of Anvegad was called Anvil Gate because its impenetrable walls were forged in the fires of war. Huge cannons sat atop battlements that guarded sprawling walls running the line of the UIR borders. Marcus went there to find Hoffman, and they both thought that Anvil Gate would offer protection from the incoming forces of Locust and Lambent. They were wrong, and little remains other than the ruined shell of a once mighty fortress.

Depths - The excessive opulence of Azura defied all normal reasoning. But Adam Fenix could see the cracks in the veneer of splendor from the moment he arrived at this underwater processing center. And all that beauty mattered not at all once he was held captive by the Locust. Out of options, he had to find a way to contact Marcus, and finally reveal the truths he’d been keeping to himself for all these many years.

Character Skins
    COG
    Recruit Clayton - Clayton was born a Gear, grew up a Gear, and on the very day he became eligible, he signed himself up to become the capable, confident, and devoted Gear he’d always known he could be.

Thrashball Cole - Special Limited Edition - The Cole Train prefers to take the most direct path to the Locust Horde in any situation. What he lacks in finesse, he makes up in raw energy.

Locust
    Savage Kantus- Special Limted Edition - The Savage Kantus were profoundly impacted by the loss of the Hollow. They have reverted to a primal, shamanistic state, and their battle cries have taken a dark, melancholy turn. Few sounds are as terrifying to human ears.

Savage Marauder Drone - Locust Marauders were the first to form any sort of organization outside of the Hollow – if their brutal infighting and bloodthirsty raiding parties could truly be called organized.

-

New Systems

Re-Upping - Essentially a "prestige" System. Players can "re-enlist" and being their rank from 1 again after reaching level 100. All unlocks and Custom Items remain. Additionally Re-Upping can grant you access to new Weapon Skins! - You can Re-Up through the Four Tiers of Colors. Bronze>Red>Green>Gold.

Every Re-Up earns players a new weapon skin obtainable only after Re-upping.

Re-Up Plasma - Animated Plasma in GOLD!
    Re-Up Omen - Shiny Red Omen!
    Re-Up Electric - Animated Golden Electric Shocks!

- The Rank Number will change color depending on the Rank you are currently on.
    - Your Rank and XP is reset back to the beginning. Unlocked items and custom items are not reset

Achievements
    250 points in Achievements. More details to be announced.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like and dislike this DLC. I am a season pass holder and for this I'm pretty sure they'll release the maps free like they did with Horde Command. So what do I get? let's see repackaged dlc characters (I have Savage Kantus) and 2 skins (Cole and Carmine) I won't use. The prestige system is nice but necessarily needed. I don't care for this DLC much to be honest. I get it for free anyways, even though i forked up $30.00 for season pass. Not the best Epic.

P.S. Whiners get the pre-order characters so now I'll see 3 out of 5 on my team being the Savage Kantus. There goes my exclusivity. Ugh. I felt special knowing I didn't have another of my kind on the team. Now the new Savage Kantus and Cole have different color schemes, whoop-dee-doo.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New DLC sounds sick! I love the prestige thing now too, so good. The playlist right now called 'BOOOOOOOOM SNIPES' is the greatest fuckin' thing ever. It will never, ever, EVER get dull killing with the Boomshot. Level 76...going to prestige the second I hit 100.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just completed the second one, got stuck at the end of act 4 on the first gears and ended up giving up and started the second game, tried the online there but couldn't really get into it, gonna get the 3rd one soon, a lot of games shops doing the legends edition for £30 so think I'll try get that one the get stuck into it

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll do the Re-up thing when it comes time. I just recently hit Level 81.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    whats the best online mode to play?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    whats the best online mode to play?
    King of the Hill. Infinite respawning and experience pts for capturing/breaking ring.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bullet sponging, lagging, messed up mantle kicks and glitching.

Dedicated servers my ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rank 100. Thank fuck.

And fuck that ending.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novacide View Post
    Rank 100. Thank fuck.

And fuck that ending.
    I'm 3/4ths of the way in experience to Level 95. Then when Jan 17th hits it's time to do it all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm 3/4ths of the way in experience to Level 95. Then when Jan 17th hits it's time to do it all over again.
    Those maps sound sweet as.

I started RAAM's Shadow the other night, pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Playing as RAAM is probably one of the best things I've ever done in a video game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm having glitch issues with RAAM's Shadow. If you guys haven't played it all, don't read further because spoilers herein.

After busting out of the gym at the school, me and my team end up outside. The berserker comes berserking through the other exit and it's supposed to be on.
    However, we exit and my team just stands near the door. The berserker is nowhere to be seen and the car park is empty. I'm lead to believe there should be cars and shit everywhere.
    I restarted the game, turned off the console, etc, but the emptiness of the car park still remains.

Is there anyway to delete the content and redownload? Should I give replaying the entire chapter again?
    Help!
    Last edited by novacide; 01-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I haven't even heard of that happening, it's always there when I got to that part in the story...

I am also a few bars away from 100. Can't wait to hit it and then take some time off, kinda burnt out.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The RAAM's Shadow campaign was pretty great and made the Season Pass actually feel partially worthwhile. Really hoping there's more single player DLC in the works, because multi just doesn't do it for me for prolonged periods of time (Horde Mode aside: addictive stuff).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any way to delete the DLC and redownload it?
    I'll try restarting the chapter first though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm having glitch issues with RAAM's Shadow. If you guys haven't played it all, don't read further because spoilers herein.

After busting out of the gym at the school, me and my team end up outside. The berserker comes berserking through the other exit and it's supposed to be on.
    However, we exit and my team just stands near the door. The berserker is nowhere to be seen and the car park is empty. I'm lead to believe there should be cars and shit everywhere.
    I restarted the game, turned off the console, etc, but the emptiness of the car park still remains.

Is there anyway to delete the content and redownload? Should I give replaying the entire chapter again?
    Help!
    Same thing happened to me on my first playthrough. You have to replay the chapter, sadly. Only solution known.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just replayed it and got through it. Thanks

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Level 100. FINALLY.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Sounds like I should finally download the DLC

Tapatapa?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just replayed it and got through it. Thanks
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Level 100. FINALLY.
    I'm Level 99. Halfway to 100 about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finished RAAM'S Shadow. I had so much fun completing that.

Replaying through on Arcade mode now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm Level 100. Golden Omen Unlocked and on my Gnasher.

Did a trade with someone and I now have Adam Fenix and Infected Omen skins.

Infected Omen Hammerburst and Gold Omen Gnasher. Fuck yeah, bisch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sawn-off. No skill required.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been playin horde a lot lately, gave king of the hill a try but got my ass severely kicked so I think I'll just stick to horde for the moment

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Don't get me started on the Sawed Off. I wrote a page long rant on the official forums that started a huge debate as to how the designers themselves, especially Rod F. actually said in interviews that it was a gun for new players to be able to 'keep up with more seasoned players'. That and the gnasher are not only OP both in power, but in range. An active gnasher downs you in 1-2 shots from a range far greater than it should be. It's a natural result though of gaming. Whatever weapon will give you the easiest kills is the one that people will always gravitate towards. I've been in, I'd say, three matches EVER where it was hammy/lancer fests...but 99% of the time it's Shotguns of War. There's a reason my K/D is actually pretty good and why I use the Retro Lancer 99% of the time.

Of course shotgun users will be the first to whine that everyone who uses Lancers are the terrible players, but it's a game that HEAVILY favors shotgun runners. If it was maps of open fields, I'm the first to admit it'd be a different story...but it's mazes of walls and corners to hide behind. The game itself is a game based on a system of cover. Shotgun runners are shitty teammates, waiting around corners for that cheap, shitty kill (especially Sawed Off users) instead of helping their team. I can't tell you how many Sawed Off users I've laughed at that ran headfirst in to my bullets JUST to try to get close enough to me...from chasing me for 20 seconds straight ('could've lancered me loooong ago, pal') to staring at me from 50 ft. away...me not moving but just watching them to see if they'll realize a shotgun won't do much at that distance ('could've just lancered me loooong ago, pal'). Basically, it turns you in to just another predictable shotgun clown that I can beat 9 times outta 10. It also makes you shit in terms of helping your team. With the Sawed Off, sure you might get a kill, but you'll probably die too since you ran in to a crowd of gunfire. So what good for your team were you? 1 for 1...no advantage for your team.

Again though, I get it...whatever takes the least amount of skill to actually do ('what, I have to actually AIM with a Lancer?...pfft) will be what people do the most. Nothing new.

In other news here are the new achievements for Fenix Rising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My absolute favourite is after a player shoots their sawed off shotgun, they usually do their run away shit while reloading and so many times while they've done this they've run straight into me with a loaded weapon, they still reloading of course because the sawed off takes so fucking long to reload. Nothing pleases me more than to shoot them in the face with my gnasher.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love chainsawing the odd failed shotgun-ninja. I pretty much use Lancers exclusively, but then again I'm not going to pretend I'm even half-competent at MP.