Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Everson Poe

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Everson Poe

the new Everson Poe album Colossus is now available for pre-order exclusively through my Bandcamp. it will be released on the glorious Pi Day. if you pre-order, you get an immediate download of the first track, "The Colossus" which features drumming by the incomparable Matt Walker (Morrissey, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins). you can also download the track for free without pre-ordering the album, though i hope you will buy it, as it's only $5, and i will not be keeping any of the money. all proceeds for the first two months this album is on sale will go to benefit the center on halsted, which provides the queer and trans community of chicago with everything from volleyball, dance performances and cooking classes to rapid HIV testing, group therapy and vocational training. find out more at www.centeronhalsted.org the rest of my music (two full albums, an EP, & two soundtracks for theater productions) is all completely free to download.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    well, @Final Destiny bought a copy of my 7" EP, which is pretty awesome! thanks so much, seriously.

i am almost done working on my new album, Primal, i just need to get my vocalist recorded and it'll be finished.
    i took things in a slightly different direction, adding more electronic elements while still retaining an organic core. i've been listening to a lot of swans for the last several months, and it definitely had an influence.

right now i'm giving all the money i make through my bandcamp page to the theater company for which i work, doing sound design & original music. the show we're about to put up is insane (it's entirely in the dark) and i've gotten to do so many songs for it...i'm quite excited.

anyway, trying to bump this thread since i've never gotten any responses here, and i think a lot of you ETSers will enjoy my music. i'll post again when the new album is done.

p.s. all of my music is Name Your Price, so if you like it, PLEASE download it. i do not care about making money off of my music, i really just want people to hear and enjoy it.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 09-12-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Julia Pastrana by Everson Poe

this is the soundtrack for the latest play on which i'm working. we open this weekend, but in the mean-time (or if you don't live in chicago), you can check out the soundtrack.

it features awesome sound design and music by me, and incredible vocal performances from the entire cast.

if you like it, it's pay what you want, starting at just $2, and all of the money goes to Tympanic Theatre Company, which is a 501c3 non-profit where i am a company member.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal

here's my thread on the forum! go to my bandcamp page to download almost all of my (current) music for free!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Listening to "Colossus" right now, sounding great so far!
    Is it wrong if the woman's voice reminds a a little to Tori Amos? she sure can sing!
    nice guitar work too!, i can tell your Mogwai and post punk influence...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-31-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Loving "interference", a huge Mogwai and Godspeed you Black Emperor! influence, great work man!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    thanks!!! my new album is getting closer to completion...i'll let you know when it's ready.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    big thanks to @Jinsai for grabbing a copy of my 7" EP! i'll have that out to you probably tomorrow.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    vocals are finally finished for the new album! on to final mix...

hoping to have this wrapped up before the end of the month!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new album is done and ready to go as soon as i have artwork. will be released next week!

in the meanwhile, check out the soundtrack for Sandalwood, the newest play for which i did sound and music, which is available to download on my bandcamp page!!! $3.00 gets you 13 tracks of sound, music, and a little bit of dialogue. all sales go to Tympanic Theatre Company.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Primal is released! Get it here.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    also, all of my previous albums are still free to download!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've lowered the price of my most recent album to only $5. that gets you over 71 minutes of music and some incredible artwork!

i've also made my most recent theatre soundtrack, sandalwood, free (though if you spend money on it, it still goes to tympanic, the theatre company for which i do sound/music).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    for those of you who have a copy of my 7" EP, i finally put it up on discogs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new "single" (two songs i did for the newest play produced by the theatre company for which i do sound & music) available on my bandcamp.

i quite like it, and it's free (any money you pay goes to the theatre company, which is non-profit).

enjoy!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new theater soundtrack! there's some drones, an ambient piece or two, some purposefully corny songs, and a couple things that are in my normal vein.

Taste by Everson Poe

any money i would normally get to keep goes to Red Theater (the company putting on the play), a non-profit theater company dedicated to free theater for everyone.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Oh man i really dig that first one, Control.
    Haunting.

And i like the second one...and the third one.
    Man, you've got some skills when it comes to mixing.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-22-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh man i really dig that first one, Control.
    Haunting.

And i like the second one...and the third one.
    Man, you've got some skills when it comes to mixing.
    thanks.

the play is based on the true story of the two german guys who got together and one of them killed and ate the other (at his request). in the play, they're american, and it's definitely a bit romanticized, but it's a really good play. lots of unexpected humor and tenderness.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    thanks.

the play is based on the true story of the two german guys who got together and one of them killed and ate the other (at his request). in the play, they're american, and it's definitely a bit romanticized, but it's a really good play. lots of unexpected humor and tenderness.
    ah, yes, i am familiar with the case i believe. The man wished to have his penis bitten off, and the two planned to eat it together, right?
    But instead they had to resort to cutting it off and, oh jesus, bleeding to death from having your penis cut off must be awful.
    I am obsessed with strange things like this, and surely i'm thinking of the right case.

Your musical output makes me feel lazy and unaccomplished. I need to set some fucking goals.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Listening to your Taste album. I quite like Just a Taste, Pretty Unique and Surf 'n Turf. Some of the ambient stuff is good too.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 07-31-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

my new album, Wear It, is now available on my bandcamp page

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my new album, Wear It, is now available on my bandcamp page
    Will the B-side be slightly different from cassette to cassette, or do you have a group of tracks picked out for both categories (unreleased / mixtape)?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Will the B-side be slightly different from cassette to cassette, or do you have a group of tracks picked out for both categories (unreleased / mixtape)?
    custom made for each person who gets one! if you want unreleased everson poe stuff, i'll try to tailor it to your taste. if you want a mixtape of other artists, i'll do the same. so each one will be completely unique.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    checking out the new album, really liking it. Production is solid, and I love the Cure-ish guitar tone! I'll give it a full listen in a bit on a better system.

really especially like the song Blindfolds
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-02-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    checking out the new album, really liking it. Production is solid, and I love the Cure-ish guitar tone! I'll give it a full listen in a bit on a better system.

really especially like the song Blindfolds
    thanks! Blindfolds is definitely my favorite, it gives me that perfect emotional reaction that's a combination good-feeling goosebumps and tears while also making me want to just sexy dance.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pretty great stuff here.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Pretty great stuff here.
    thanks!

oh, and Adore, the second track on the album, is available as a free download if you can't buy the whole album right now.

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/track/adore

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

new theater score for Sweet Analytics, an adaptation of Faust with a female protagonist that's all about gender politics. it's a really compelling work and i got to make a ton of sound for it. really proud of my efforts.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    New Single - Blackthorn

i wrote & recorded the music & lyrics for this song back in november, and my friend Nina did her incredible vocals a couple weeks ago. this song is extremely close to my heart, as it deals with issues of being trans and feeling stuck, like you can't do anything about it; longing for the transformation that will allow you to be who you are. it's a daily struggle for me and expressing it this way was so cathartic. i hope you enjoy the song and consider buying it to help me donate some money to Center on Halsted, who help support the LGBTQ youth community of chicago (all proceeds for the first 30 days go straight to them).

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    good stuff! I bought a download.

Also, my dog Miles seemed to like your song a lot. More than my other dog (my other dog is my number one fan, lol )