Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Everson Poe

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    good stuff! I bought a download.

Also, my dog Miles seemed to like your song a lot. More than my other dog (my other dog is my number one fan, lol )
    thank you so much! <3 glad we support each others music mutually (easy to do when it's good!)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new album out now!

everson poe • the great disruption
    four pieces inspired by the mapmakers trilogy book series by s.e. grove

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/track/all-yr-idols

i made a new song that was born out of my frustration with how many people are turning out to be sexual predators. they need to be held accountable for their actions, and survivors need to be provided with support. all proceeds will go to RAINN.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/this-is-my-design

new EP inspired by the Hannibal TV series
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 01-28-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    that cover is dope as fuck.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    that cover is dope as fuck.
    i quite love it. it was designed by my friend crimesididntcommit

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my new triptych album is out!!!

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/albu...acred-complete

here's what my amazing friend dan caffrey had to say about it:

For the last decade, Maxwell Shults has recorded a dynamic body of work under the name Everson Poe, exploring everything from doom metal to new wave and even the occasional '50s slow-dance song. No matter the genre, their music has always been characterized by heaviness—not just in sound (although they certainly embody that, too), but in emotion as well. And their latest project, The Body Is Not Sacred is, without question, their most emotionally heavy work to date.

Exploring Maxwell's gender identity and struggle with gender dysphoria, the music embraces duality to convey two distinct halves living in the same being. Maxwell's visceral howl—a sound that many would characterize as being typically "masculine"—contrasts with the softer, ethereal vocals of longtime collaborator DEROSNEC. Both of their faces grace the album cover, embracing gender fluidity and making it hard to tell where one person ends and the other begins.

The duality extends to the arrangements and lyrics as well. On opener "We All Become Our Sins," a crackling spoken-word intro and ghostly wail from DEROSNEC quickly give way to Maxwell's jackhammer drums, guitar, and voice. Likewise, on lead single "No Comfort In The Void," Maxwell screams the phrase "I strive to reject the masculine in all its forms," subverting what listeners and critics have come to expect from even the most emotionally in-tune metal music.

The Body Is Not Sacred has no shortage of ambition. As Everson Poe's first triptych, the self-titled first section contains the four songs that serve as the album's foundation. Part two, The Body Is A Prison, raises the emotional stakes with four hard-hitting instrumentals, and the third and final part, The Body Is An Illusion, consists of "polite" versions of the songs from part one. Softer and more reliant on acoustics, the compositions are what one might call "feminine."

But as The Body Is Not Sacred proves, these kinds of labels mean nothing in the world of Everson Poe. Through their latest and greatest three-part epic, they present a journey where gender is first a puzzle, then a cage, and, finally, nonexistent.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I spun the instrumental and Illusion versions this evening and am loving it so far... planning to dig into the unedited tracks at full volume shortly!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I love that cover!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I spun the instrumental and Illusion versions this evening and am loving it so far... planning to dig into the unedited tracks at full volume shortly!
    interesting that you chose that order. i think that'll make it a very different experience and i'm excited to hear your thoughts! and also really glad you're enjoying it <3

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I love that cover!
    thanks! nina (derosnec) is a fucking wizard. she took a picture of me that's four years old where you could only see half of my face, then took a picture of herself to match, and merged them together. i don't know how she does it (but she also worked on the VFX post team for the new Antman movie so she's pretty fuckin' talented).

hopefully we'll be putting out a video for "no comfort in the void" at some point that explores the gender-related themes on the album. i'm pretty excited about it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

a behind the scenes look at nina shooting the upcoming music video for "no comfort in the void"

i can't wait to see this thing!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

the video has arrived! really, really happy with how this turned out. all the props to nina/DEROSNEC for putting it together so beautifully.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Very cool! I dig it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

surprise! new album!

currently available on bandcamp, will be on streaming platforms within the week.

a couple weeks ago, i had one mostly finished song and one skeleton of a song (both of which i had done last april, right after my previous album came out)...and yesterday i released my this. i made so much progress so quickly and i am so proud of it. definitely the heaviest thing i've ever done (both sonically and emotionally). enjoy!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/albu...s-instrumental

and for those of you who don't like screaming, the instrumental version of my new album is now available on bandcamp, spotify, et. al.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

new album now available on bandcamp
    download comes with instrumental version of the album
    50% of proceeds go to The Trevor Project to help prevent suicide among LGBTQ youth

i started working on this album on august 19th, and releasing it tonight meant that it was 33 days from start to finish.
    i've been going through a really tough time for the last two months, and creating this really helped me work through it.
    it's also the 5th anniversary of my wedding, the 10th anniversary of my first album, and the 15th anniversary of my suicide attempt.
    so you could say this date holds a lot of significance for me.

help me raise money for a good cause and get some cool music in return.

thanks <3

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

everson poe • there is a hole at the center of everything

i've gone and done it again: https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/albu...-of-everything

new improvisational drone / quiet guitar EP released today
    four pieces recorded & mixed last month
    good for relaxing
    enjoy <3

p.s. it's free

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Great stuff. Loving your guitar playing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Great stuff. Loving your guitar playing.
    thank you <3

a bunch of my theater scores have a lot of drone work in them (and are also free to download) so if you're interested in more of that sound, you should check them out. Taste in particular has some of my favorite drones i've done.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    For anyone who's going to be around Toronto in this surprisingly mild-weathered month of January, please come check out the show Consumption Patterns. There are only six performances scheduled (for now) but it's something very special to me as a sound designer, and M. was kind enough to let us use a bit of "House of Ill Repute" off their new Everson Poe release for this production!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hey, y'all! new album coming out at midnight! much more accessible than my last several albums, with a strong post-punk influence, and all songs inspired by various pop culture pieces (hannibal (tv), the hazelwood (book), hellraiser, night in the woods (video game), metropolis (film), and channel zero (tv show, season one)).

will post here with an update once it's out!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

new album now available on my bandcamp

this is about 100x more accessible than my last several releases, with zero screaming, and 4 of the 6 songs are actually upbeat!

each song was inspired by a different piece of pop-culture. (in track order) • Hannibal (tv series), The Hazelwood (book), Hellraiser (films), Night In The Woods (video game), Metropolis (film), and Channel Zero: Candle Cove (tv series)

also, i’m donating all the money i make on it from bandcamp tomorrow (while they’re waiving their fees) to Brave Space Alliance, a black-led, trans-led LGBTQ center in Chicago that's currently running an emergency food pantry

if you can’t afford to buy the album now but feel inclined to help me spread the word and raise some money for a good cause, any sharing on social media is super appreciated.

and fear not! the album will be on streaming services before you know it!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

so besides the new album i released yesterday, i've also posted two sets of archival recordings from high school. the first entirely recorded on a 4-track, the second some of my earliest pro tools recordings. there's some great stuff & some embarrassing stuff, but i enjoy it all. also spans quite a few genres, too. and it's free!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    working on an EP of covers that i'm going to use to raise money for Chicago Mutual Aid.

pretty much done with 3 of the 4 songs (pj harvey's teclo, low's anon, and the cure's the figurehead). was originally going to do "the aeroplane flies high" by the smashing pumpkins as my fourth song, but i'm thinking of doing "distilled" by blonde redhead instead.

anyway, i'm at a point in my musical journey where i feel really confident doing a cover and having it sound like a balanced blend of the original song, but done in my style. really happy with how these are turning out so far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://hopeversushaterecords.bandcamp.com/

the compilation i'm on is out today!!!

£8 gets you 56 songs (over five hours of music!) and the money goes to amnesty international UK.

really proud to be a part of this with a bunch of amazing artists, all of whom are working to make the metal world a place free of facism, racism, sexism, and all of the other things that are inherently awful.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    EP is live!

and as stated in the above IG post, all of my music is now pay what you can. anything i make between midnight & midnight (pacific time) on any of my releases on may 1st is going to the Chicago Covid-19 Response Fund.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i finally have a proper logo! thanks to https://www.sludgework.com/

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ So. Fuckin. Dope!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

new album, Monstrous Existence, out now on Trepanation Recordings!

4 songs, 38 minutes, brutal and beautiful

available on bandcamp and streaming services, etc.