Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Touching Evil

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,070
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)

    Touching Evil

    So in the IAmA, Atticus hinted that he might drop the Touching Evil OST - his first soundtrack (with Claudia and Leo)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kinnelon, NJ
    Posts
    835
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hope we get this. I'm really into the Broken City score right now, so anything "new" from the Ross family band is highly welcome.

    I never saw the show - is it any good? I'm curious how the Hughes boys and Atticus first got in touch...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    in my pirogue
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hope he finds that hard drive. This show was my introduction to 12 Rounds.
    Edit: re the show, with the caveat that I haven't seen it in 9 years
    I liked Touching Evil. It had good reviews at the beginning but didn't get a whole lot of viewership. It wasn't quite as dark as the British original, in part due to the fact that main character had no sense of shame and lacked impulse control... so he'd do weird things. I may have liked it so much due to the music. There was the original stuff by 12 Rounds (which was truly excellent), but they also used the version of TDTWWA from Still and "A Warm Place" in the pilot as well.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 03-06-2013 at 03:46 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,921
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm a big Jeffrey Donovan fan coming off of watching Burn Notice for 6 seasons now so going back and watching Touching Evil i found it to be pretty cool, the music was definitely a surprise with all the NIN features and then of course Atticus Ross manning the score was pretty awesome.

    Would love to have these works released in some form, i hope he finds something to give us!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,070
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    I'm wondering HOW he'd release it, if not officially - he basically never uses facebook (iirc, it was his son who made him get one), has no official twitter or any of that. The only one of that team who has twitter is Leo, with IO Echo.

    Also, the show itself was pretty good for an American remake, but compared to the original, like usual, it was lacking.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kinnelon, NJ
    Posts
    835
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm wondering HOW he'd release it, if not officially - he basically never uses facebook (iirc, it was his son who made him get one)
    When Atticus said he might hunt for those drives, my brain just imagined that the 12RoundsNet twitter would post a link at some point - they've been about as active as you could hope for, for a band that hasn't put out an album in over a decade (it was a nice surprise when they mentioned me in regards to the Rdio playlist).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In the event that additional 12 Rounds tracks or Touching Evil tracks or other items that were worked on by the collective 12 Rounds are provided to the 12rounds.net camp, Deadpool is correct that the 12roundsnet Twitter, the 12 Rounds Facebook page and 12rounds.net itself would be the place that would share those bits.

    However, should the 12rounds.net camp receive things that Atticus Ross has done outside of 12 Rounds, those would be shared to FYAR.Tumblr, mainly because James deserves the links to his awesome blog and it is much more comprehensive as an all-inclusive Atticus Ross resource.

    We've tried to keep 12rounds.net specific to 12 Rounds related material, which we interpreted to be Claudia/Atticus working together with or without others.

    I'd also agree that Atticus doesn't use Facebook. I've never once seen a post from him on there. Claudia contributes on rare occasion to the Facebook page and it was her idea to add the Twitter/Facebook and at the time Myspace to get the "unreleased" songs out there.

    Does anyone have a Claudia Sarne fan page where we could send found materials like that featured below, which feature Claudia on vocals but have absolutely nothing to do with 12 Rounds?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    189
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any idea about why 12 Rounds third album has not been released yet? They got the rights back a long time ago if I remember well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,070
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    In the event that additional 12 Rounds tracks or Touching Evil tracks or other items that were worked on by the collective 12 Rounds are provided to the 12rounds.net camp, Deadpool is correct that the 12roundsnet Twitter, the 12 Rounds Facebook page and 12rounds.net itself would be the place that would share those bits.

    However, should the 12rounds.net camp receive things that Atticus Ross has done outside of 12 Rounds, those would be shared to FYAR.Tumblr, mainly because James deserves the links to his awesome blog and it is much more comprehensive as an all-inclusive Atticus Ross resource.

    Does anyone have a Claudia Sarne fan page where we could send found materials like that featured below, which feature Claudia on vocals but have absolutely nothing to do with 12 Rounds?
    I wonder if Atticus has the rights to release it though? At the very least one would imagine the Hughes have some leftover rights. Also ♥, also I was going to make one on tumblr but I already have a lot of blogs lol. Someone should start one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    Any idea about why 12 Rounds third album has not been released yet? They got the rights back a long time ago if I remember well.
    No idea, but there's always that chance they hope to *release* it some day rather than just put out the files.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    No idea, but there's always that chance they hope to *release* it some day rather than just put out the files.

    I would be happy if they would just finish putting out the files... Sioux 86 and Shine On are unbelievably good

Posting Permissions