Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Results 991 to 1,007 of 1007

Thread: The concerts thread

  1. #991
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tynemouth, England
    Posts
    1,893
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Nadine Shah last Monday in my (tiny, off the gig map) home town. Truly kicked ass.

  2. #992
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw INVSN in Munich last week and had a blast again. Dennis is such a great frontman and gives his all even if there are 50 people in attendance.

    Met him after the show and talked a bit, told him I was planning to fly to the UK to see Refused & Thrice and he was like "If you gonna fly there just to see us I will put you on the guest list." Told me also the new Refused album is coming before the autumn tour starts and that it will be very radical, cannot wait for that!

    As @dlb said there are not many good shows in the coming months, but in December I will see Cult of Luna, this will be a highlight!

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,853
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @decadent : Was there as well! What a stage dive, huh?

    A post shared by on



    Always a treat to see them live, my third time seeing INVSN, and November will be my third time seeing Refused. Dennis is a great guy! Bought a couple of records from him a while ago which he even gave me in person and sent one by mail (cat stamps included ). Really looking forward to the next Refused record. Loved "freedom" despite what many people say.
    Last edited by dlb; 07-11-2019 at 05:10 AM.

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Haha nice! I think it was also my third time, seen TINC once at a festival and Refused will be my 4th time. And same as you I am really looking forward the new album since Freedom was great!

    Shame I cannot go to the Munich show, but Manchester should be nice too.

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Ghost Inside's return to the stage after three years, eight months on Saturday night in LA was amazing. The band was so tight despite obvious issues with their ongoing recovery. Vigil's stamina was taxed and he looked gassed most of the night but when he was screaming, he sounded incredible. Despite losing his right/primary leg in the 2015 accident, Andrew's drumming flawless. Over 8000 people ended up being there and unlike many shows, every. single. person. was a diehard fan. The crowd was almost the best part of the night. Every single word to every single song was sung so loudly we often drowned out the band as they were playing. Any time Vigil had to take a break, the crowd stepped up and filled in. The numerous heartfelt asides/speeches throughout the entire evening really got emotions going. No timeline was given, but they recorded the entire night with numerous cameras and will release it.

    It was such a happy, positive, cathartic experience and I'm so thankful I was able to be there.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,451
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    The Ghost Inside's return to the stage after three years, eight months on Saturday night in LA was amazing. The band was so tight despite obvious issues with their ongoing recovery. Vigil's stamina was taxed and he looked gassed most of the night but when he was screaming, he sounded incredible. Despite losing his right/primary leg in the 2015 accident, Andrew's drumming flawless. Over 8000 people ended up being there and unlike many shows, every. single. person. was a diehard fan. The crowd was almost the best part of the night. Every single word to every single song was sung so loudly we often drowned out the band as they were playing. Any time Vigil had to take a break, the crowd stepped up and filled in. The numerous heartfelt asides/speeches throughout the entire evening really got emotions going. No timeline was given, but they recorded the entire night with numerous cameras and will release it.

    It was such a happy, positive, cathartic experience and I'm so thankful I was able to be there.
    This reminds me a bit of the ongoing Have Heart reunion shows that are taking place. They played in LA this weekend too. I was at the outdoor Worcester show last weekend. Very emotional as well. Estimates said somewhere around 10k at that show, but that seems a bit high. Still, it was impressive:








  7. #997
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,508
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I just got tickets to see Aerosmith for $50. I've always thought it would be cool to see those guys. An ex-girlfriend and I had tickets to see them back in 2006, but the show was cancelled because Steven Tyler had to have throat surgery, so this has been a long time coming. Anyone else seem them recently? I know they're old as fuck, but I'm hoping they'll put on a good show.

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No, I haven't seem them live before - but I'm sure it'll be a fun show.

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Alice Fucking Cooper coming up in 3 days. YAY!!!!!! omgomgomgomgomg

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Going to see Why? in San Francisco on September 11. Super excited to see them. Still warming up to the new album......

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    SunnO))) on September 9th!!! I am excited.

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They just announced The Offspring and Sum 41 in my little podunk in November. I thought maybe I'd go check out The Offspring for the nostalgia, but not at $115 for floor and $75 for regular seats...

    I didn't even pay that for NIN second row...

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,033
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    King Diamond - 12/1

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    They just announced The Offspring and Sum 41 in my little podunk in November. I thought maybe I'd go check out The Offspring for the nostalgia, but not at $115 for floor and $75 for regular seats...

    I didn't even pay that for NIN second row...
    Whoa, that's crazy

  16. #1006
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Whoa, that's crazy
    It took our town forever to build a new arena, so the inflation kills everything. $12 beers, $15 personal pizzas, $5 bottles of water. $8 fries. It took them forever to find a corporate sponsor to slap their name on it...

    Every show is overpriced there... in fact most shows in town are.

  17. #1007
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    .

    Every show is overpriced there... in fact most shows in town are.
    It is like this everywhere it seems , but all the shows that seemed like 15 to 20 bucks back in the day are now 50 to 100. I mean it's like a 100 to see bands like disturbed, korn , ect any of them. In the early to late 2000s I was paying 25 to 50 tops, a lot of shows even slightly below 20. Inflation has hit concerts hard,.probally in part to mo one buying music.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions