Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1326

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    lol guys remember concerts

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not really, and the Live Nation shit storm that happened today isn’t going to help get things restarted whenever the opportunity presents itself. This is gonna be MLB ugly.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I bet he plays Cars.
    He really needs to give up on spending so much setlist time on the hits and just make a medley. Down in the Car Park would be great for this show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    lol guys remember concerts
    Yeah, gonna be one of those things you tell the grandkids.
    "back in my day... 10k people gathered in 2 place to listen to music!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Not really, and the Live Nation shit storm that happened today isn’t going to help get things restarted whenever the opportunity presents itself. This is gonna be MLB ugly.
    Yikes, I just googled what you were talking about... concerts may very well never return again.
    Least not with Live Nation as a promoter. Hopefully Artists are gonna find other means to hold shows now. Maybe someone else will step up to the plate as a reasonable promoter.

What kinda world would we live in if there were no more concerts ever again? Geez.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-19-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Just looked it up and, bloody hell, how did something as generally benign as live music end up with these evil corporate scourges to deal with just to tour?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    A link for the uninitiated please?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    https://www.theprp.com/2020/06/18/ne...by-20-in-2021/

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Interesting to see that now it’s supposedly only festivals? I think Rolling Stone was the first to break this news but could be wrong. Will see if anything really comes of it, or if it’s just a fart in the 2020 wind.:

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/new...covid-1016989/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Starting on Saturday, June 27th Western Australia is lifting it's concert gig lockdown,

“Unseated performances will be allowed at venues such as concert halls, live music venues, bars and pubs,” Premier Mark McGowan said today (22nd June).
    In addition, events at major venues – like Perth Stadium – will be able to host events at 50 percent capacity. That means that Perth Stadium, for example, will be able to hold up to 30,000 people.

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/gigs-...Nr8rSc-FTRDctA

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Apparently Wisconsin is going to hold a mini 3 day "nu-metal" music festival July 16-18 featuring Static-X and Dope.
    Oh, and get this... they're calling it "Herd Immunity Fest" lol... We're approaching July 1st, only missed April fools by 3 months, lol.

This should be interesting to see how this pans out.

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/wisco...iX1iwV2-8sQ2kA

Everyone who attends this event should sign a waiver that they won't leave the house 14 days after and at that point, they should all get tested.
    If no cases come from it, I think that's an indication we could probably start hosting more live events.

Of course, I hope everyone that attends at least has common sense to wear a mask. If I were the promoter and going forth with this festival as planned, I would make it mandatory for all attendees to wear a mask to get in. Guess we'll see if this event even goes on as planned.

EDIT: Went scrolling through the facebook post, the promoter has responded to some comments saying masks are not mandatory... this should be interesting...

EDIT2: One of the bands on the bill, "Nonpoint" Pulled out of the show once they saw the festival name being printed on the posters as "Herd Immunity Fest"

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=4071050589635445
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-25-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    There are a few places I could pop this article...
    I will leave it here I guess since it has to do with shows. I'll probably cross post it in the COVID news thread as well.

1500 people were invited to an indoor "test concert" in Germany to learn how COVID is spread inside.

https://cfox.com/news/7294526/weekly...McHU3-b2W2RwnI

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thoughts?
    https://www.theprp.com/2020/11/11/ne...r-live-events/

I'll get vaccinated but I think I'll just wait until it's safe again to go to another show, then to risk it and jump through all these hoops. And if I never go to another show, I had a pretty good run.

Fuck ticketmaster

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Thoughts?
    https://www.theprp.com/2020/11/11/ne...r-live-events/

I'll get vaccinated but I think I'll just wait until it's safe again to go to another show, then to risk it and jump through all these hoops. And if I never go to another show, I had a pretty good run.

Fuck ticketmaster
    I came to post this.
    And FUCK ticketmaster is right.

I'm not gonna be lining up anytime soon to guinea pig a vaccine that was created in 10 months.

I'm in the "might pass on this nonsense and wait until it's safe" camp.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I had to back up 7 pages to find this thread. So the Thunder concert that had already been postponed to May this year has now been put back to May 2022.

not holding out much for Rammstein going ahead in June! I’ve got to be honest, I’d feel pretty scared at a stadium the way things are now. I wonder if a lot of people are going to be freaked out by the proximity of people when gigs return or if people won’t go straight back.

it is now nearly a year since my last show of Lindemann in London. The idea of going on the tube again freaks me out now

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm surprised artists/bands are not taking the opportunity to do more virtual concerts. Like if NIN said tomorrow that they're going to start performing once a month virtually - all 314,353,093 of us would be right there logging in. And they don't have to be together, like the Bowie thing - it can all be recorded ahead of time. It would help the artist/band to gain more income than relying on live concerts and merchandise.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    And I know this wouldn't work successfully for all artists/bands. At least marketing wise they could be able to promote themselves in a different way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread because it feels like concerts are actually finally coming back this fall and I'm excited about it. Here's my current concert slate (most of which are shows postponed from 2020):

2021:
    07.23 – Prof
    08.23 – Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy
    09.17 – Riot Fest: The Smashing Pumpkins, Coheed and Cambria, Sublime with Rome, Motion City Soundtrack
    09.18 – Riot Fest: Run the Jewels, Faith No More, Gogol Bordello, GWAR
    09.19 – Riot Fest: Nine Inch Nails, Pixies, Devo, Body Count, Health
    09.21 – Nine Inch Nails, Pixies (floor)
    09.23 – Nine Inch Nails, Pixies (floor)
    10.02 – Eagles
    11.17 – CHVRCHES

2022:
    04.01 – Cloud Cult with the Minnesota Orchestra
    05.15 – Rage Against the Machine, Run the Jewels
    08.27 – Rammstein
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-18-2021 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added a show & 2 were postponed.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    As much as I am happy that concerts are coming back, I'm just going to wait until it gets closer to the date to buy tickets. Especially the 2022 dated ones, who knows what the hell is gonna happen.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I just wanna see my OTHER favorite band this year, Old 97s. They have ONE show scheduled.

I've seen them somewhere between 75 and 100 times, but it's such a cathartic thing, that's SO personal, since I first started going to see them play at their first shows when I was 13, watched them blow up and sign to a major label, appear in The Breakup, have their songs on shows like The Walking Dead, and eventually, become known as the most important alt-country band of all time.

It's a huge part of the soundtrack to my life, and it's DEFINITELY the LIVE soundtrack to my life.
    I'm looking to catch them in Denver, if I can't talk them into coming to Amarillo again.

Also REALLY hoping ZZ Top and Bob Dylan reschedule their 2020 Amarillo shows.
    NOBODY plays shows around here, and they were both booked to play our 50-60 year old colosseum last summer.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Here's ours so far:

October 7: Dead Can Dance at the Chicago Theater, rescheduled from last year

November 16: Genesis at the United Center

Edit: And a TON of classical from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at Ravinia Festival this summer
    Last edited by allegro; 05-11-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Have tickets to
    Sept 12 - Alanis Morissette, Garbage & Liz Phair @ Pine Knob Detroit
    Sept 17 - Lane 8, Sultan + Shepard @ Majestic Detroit

Was considering Riot Fest but I guess I'm just now realizing that would conflict with Lane 8 lol. And def want to see NIN/Pixies in Cleveland Sept 21-23. Obviously.

Also anticipating a Tori Amos tour for Nov/Dec area.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Contemplating catching Deftones in September and was considering Furnace Fest but doubt I'll go. After spending 15-ish months bottled up, it's going to take some time before I'm comfortable in a crowd.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    October 7: Dead Can Dance at the Chicago Theater, rescheduled from last year
    WHAT!? oh my god i am so jealous. i saw them in millennium park like 8(?) years ago and it was amazing, but that was the only time.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So ZZ Top IS touring again...and NOT making up the Amarillo date.

If you guys are confused as to why I'd be so excited about ZZ, it's that Amarillo LITERALLY gets like one or two shows per year, and it's Stryper or some shit like that. It USED to be a regular tour stop for national acts, and I'm not entirely sure why bands stopped coming, except for maybe that the "colosseum" was built in the sixties.

Edit: But, OH SHIT, we got STYX in October! :/
    Styx and Dwight Yoakam. Those are LITERALLY the only shows between now and mid 2022, in between a bunch of high school proms, gun shows, quinceñeras, etc.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-12-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Meanwhile a lot European Festivals are getting postponed again, to 2022.
    Sziget, Firenze, Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park, Roskilde, Pinkpop, Open'er, Hurricane - just to name a few big ones...
    I assume that one of the reasons is they involve much more international traveling, unlike US festivals that can easily do with 100% domestic lineups and audiences.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Contemplating catching Deftones in September and was considering Furnace Fest but doubt I'll go. After spending 15-ish months bottled up, it's going to take some time before I'm comfortable in a crowd.
    Come to Furnace Fest. I need someone to hang out with.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    WHAT!? oh my god i am so jealous. i saw them in millennium park like 8(?) years ago and it was amazing, but that was the only time.
    This will be the third time we’ve seen them.

First time was on a date with G at the Riv in 1996, and we had first row. And he didn’t know he’d gotten first row, it was kinda hilarious. Second time was at the Pritzker Pavilion in 2012.

We are really looking forward to this!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm going to Ohana Fest for my 40th birthday, can't wait to go to a show again.

I've also never seen Pearl Jam so I'm excited to do that finally as well.