Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1326

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Not 100% certain yet, but I MIGHT have an extra plus on the guest list for old 97s in Denver on the 9th, at the Gothic Theater.

It's me plus 3. Waiting to hear if my brother can get loose from the new baby for the nite, and if my cousin wanna go.

But if you will be in Denver, or are free in Denver on the 9th, and wanna go check out my other favorite band with me and the Mrs (for $0), and AREN'T a serial killer or whatever, PM me and I'll let you know asap.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Old 97s last nite: good GOD it was amazing to get out and see a show for the first time since the last NIN Red Rocks.

And the band was fucking AMAZING. The show was NUTS...it always is, but these guys are 55ish these days. They're in good shape, though, seriously. They still play like they did at 30, except for being more technically proficient.

I wanna say they played like 23-25 songs.
    I did NOT manage to get a setlist this time, but 90% of what they played was from like 1993-2010 or so, and they played exactly one song to which I don't know every fucking word.

Plus it was me, my brother, and our wives, and my bro and I were 13 and 11 when we started seeing this band. So it's... Yeah. It was special.
    The venue was harass too; only problem is it was assholes and elbows in there, and it was HOT.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-10-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw The War On Drugs Wednesday, they played a ton of their slower stuff (which I'm not a huge fan of). They sounded amazing as usual.

Lo Moon was really impressive as an opener.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    GWAR tonight!

EDIT: It was awesome. The openers were great too. I got fucking soaked. Swipe to the last slide to see how drenched I was in blood.

A post shared by on

Last edited by otnavuskire; 06-16-2022 at 12:45 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Who TF is Dave? I searched "Dave Band" and guess what I got a lot of Dave Matthews Band in the results.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Who TF is Dave? I searched "Dave Band" and guess what I got a lot of Dave Matthews Band in the results.
    https://www.readingfestival.com/artists/dave/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_(rapper)

Ya hadda search “Dave Rapper.” Heh but Dave Matthews would be hilarious!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 06-23-2022 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was able to score a ticket to see Jack White in Asheville on September 16th. First time opportunity to see him perform. Jack White posters are also super sought after.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Crazy stretch coming up

Comeback Kid, Misery Signals, END @ Brooklyn Monarch 7/11
    Darkest Hour, Zao, fucking BLOODLET @ St. Vitus 7/14
    The Weeknd/Snoh Alegra @ Metlife Stadium, 7/16
    Jawbox @ LPR, Manhattan 7/21

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The onslaught against my wallet continues. 13 shows this year..

Upcoming shows:

Roger Waters, Milwaukee - July 28
    Rammstein, Chicago - Sep. 3
    Tenacious D, Milwaukee - Sept. 18
    The Mars Volta, Chicago 10/8
    The Mars Volta, Chicago 10/9

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Anyone ever have ticketmaster make an error in their favour?

I had tickets to see New Kids on the Block in Toronto (2 tickets, $150 total, paid by credit card), originally scheduled for June, and I had a conflict come up. I sold the tickets through the ticketmaster website for $170 when I couldn't go anymore. Ticketmaster didn't pay me right away, they said that they usually pay a week after the event.

After I sold them, the show was postponed until July, then a couple weeks later it was cancelled all together. The email about the cancellation said they'd issue a refund to my original purchase method within 30 days of the cancelled event.

I was expecting that I'd just get a refund to my credit card for the $150 I paid for the tickets the first time, and that they'd refund the $170 that someone else paid to that person. But, today I got a deposit of $170 into my bank account. I don't have a refund to my credit card for the original purchase.

I don't have an issue paying back the $170 after they refund my $150, but I'm worried that they're going to just help themselves to my bank account when they realize the error, and I usually keep that account close to empty (it's linked to my debit card and I always keep it mostly empty so that if someone steals my card they can't get much). I don't want them to just take it without telling me first, as that'd likely get me hit with an NSF fee.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? When they realize they've messed up, are they going to email me to ask for the money back, or are they just going to try to take it?

I tried to use the "Contact Us" link on their website, but that only takes me to a chat bot, and I can't find their phone number any more either.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Despite all the controversy I managed to score pretty good Springsteen tickets yesterday for realistic money. I got ADA seats 4 rows behind the stage. The pair was $260 (service charge included). This was on the verified fan program. Behind the stage is actually good for Bruce & I kept to my budget so I'm happy. Took about 10 minutes to get them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post

I had tickets to see New Kids on the Block in Toronto (2 tickets, $150 total, paid by credit card), originally scheduled for June, and I had a conflict come up. I sold the tickets through the ticketmaster website for $170 when I couldn't go anymore. Ticketmaster didn't pay me right away, they said that they usually pay a week after the event.

After I sold them, the show was postponed until July, then a couple weeks later it was cancelled all together. The email about the cancellation said they'd issue a refund to my original purchase method within 30 days of the cancelled event.

I was expecting that I'd just get a refund to my credit card for the $150 I paid for the tickets the first time, and that they'd refund the $170 that someone else paid to that person. But, today I got a deposit of $170 into my bank account. I don't have a refund to my credit card for the original purchase.

I don't have an issue paying back the $170 after they refund my $150, but I'm worried that they're going to just help themselves to my bank account when they realize the error, and I usually keep that account close to empty (it's linked to my debit card and I always keep it mostly empty so that if someone steals my card they can't get much). I don't want them to just take it without telling me first, as that'd likely get me hit with an NSF fee.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? When they realize they've messed up, are they going to email me to ask for the money back, or are they just going to try to take it?

I tried to use the "Contact Us" link on their website, but that only takes me to a chat bot, and I can't find their phone number any more either.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post

Well, they caught the error and sent me an email about it. They say they tried to charge my credit card, but that it's not accepting charges and I need to update it.

I logged into the website, and my credit card is current, so I'm not sure what they're talking about, and I still can't seem to contact support at all.

The email says that if I successfully update my credit card, they'll bill the $170 to that, then refund my original purchase, but if I don't update my credit card, they'll invoice me through PayPal. If the paypal bill comes through as the difference between what I was paid, and what I actually paid, then that's fine and I'll pay that, but I think they're going to try to bill me the full amount, and I won't pay that because they haven't refunded my purchase yet.

I'm still completely unable to contact anyone, and I'm worried that they might just decide to cancel tickets I have to future events (I've got a baseball game next month and NIN in September).

Here's hoping they don't fuck me over. It's ticketmaster, so I expect they're going to fuck me over.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not gonna lie, j-hope at Lollapalooza was spectacular. The performance was great, and the crowd was bananas in the best way.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'll be going to Rabbit Rabbit (Asheville, NC) on Aug 27th - Thundercat will be there performing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roger Waters in D.C. was amazing. I hope he makes it out for one more tour after this. (Also, if you have no chill when you smoke weed and all you do is talk to your friends during a concert, you can fuck all the way off. Just stay home)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw Jack White in Indy last night, amazing. High energy and he and his band sounded fantastic. Highly recommend seeing them!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I'm going to see Drive-by Truckers for free on Saturday. They're part of an event that the county government is putting on. The pay must've been good because they've been playing on the east coast & will be heading back that way after this show. Patterson might have to chill on the f bombs a little as they are playing @ 4:00 & there will be plenty of families with little kids about.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was supposed to be going to Seattle today for a concert and then another one tomorrow but that last Covid surge scared the band and now it's bumped to September. And even worse, it's the middle of the week in September so what was supposed to be my son's first 'real' show is no more because I can't take him out of school in the middle of the week in his Senior year.

Good thing NIN is playing in "Portland" so that's going to be his first show instead.
    turns out that my dumb ass was thinking September for so long I didn't say anything when my wife booked a trip for a week in October. guess what else is happening that week?

At least I still have NIN for now.

I was so mad/bummed when I had the thought this morning. it's an English band - so it's not like they come around the PNW that often! - and I'd be seeing them both times in a place small enough that I'd be guaranteed some signatures. I even had a great story about a signed copy of one of their albums I got from their shop that was missing one of the signatures! balls balls balls balls balls.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    what I got the rest of the year as of now...

NIN @ Red Rocks 9/2
    In Flames/Fit For An Autopsy @ Starland Ballroom 9/8
    Ghost/Mastodon/Spiritbox @ Something Something Insurance Arena, Trenton NJ 9/9
    Wu-Tang & Nas @ Prudential Center 9/13
    Meshuggah/Converge/Torche @ Hammerstein Ballroom 9/18
    Sunny Day Real Estate/The Casket Lottery @ Brooklyn Steel 9/29 & 9/30
    Turnstile/JPEGMAFIA @ Stony Pony Outdoors 10/6
    Age of Apocalypse/Seed of Pain @ FKN Gallery, Rahway NJ 10/14
    Integrity/All Out War/Indecision @ Warsaw 11/26 (first EVER NYC show for Integrity b/c...https://www.reddit.com/r/Hardcore/co..._up_with_that/
    Quicksand/Shiner@ Crossroads, Garwood NJ 10/22
    Kx5 (Kaskade & Deadmau5) @ LA Memorial Coliseum 12/10

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Seeing Heilung tonight and Rammstein tomorrow night!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Last show pre-pandemic was David Byrne on 2/2/2020. Since concerts have returned I have seen:

Dead & Company - 8/20/21
    Primus - 9/25/21
    Primus - 9/28/21
    Trey Anastasio Band - 10/2/21
    IDLES - 10/16/21
    Dinosaur Jr. - 11/20/21
    LCD Soundsystem - 11/24/21

And that's it for the rest of the year. Had tickets for Devo get cancelled and Ministry get postponed again.
    As for 2022, I had tickets for Daughters get cancelled and Courtney Barnett I can no longer attend. If all goes well, I'll be seeing David Byrne, Billy Joel, Elton John, and that rescheduled Ministry show.
    David Byrne - 1/16/22
    Elton John - 3/6/22
    Ministry - 3/8/22
    Billy Joel - 4/8/22
    Devo - 5/18/22
    Primus - 5/22/22
    Sigur Ros - 6/18/22
    Dead & Company - 7/15/22
    Peter Hook & The Light - 8/27/22
    NIN - 9/2/22
    Phish - 9/3/22
    Roxy Music - 9/12/22
    Echo & the Bunnymen - 9/14/22
    Idles - 9/15/22
    Pixies - 10/5/22
    Dinosaur Jr. - 12/3/22

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

If you have the opportunity to see Heilung on their current tour, take it! It's a truly unique and special experience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    If you have the opportunity to see Heilung on their current tour, take it! It's a truly unique and special experience.
    I was just there too and totally second that! So happy my friend introduced me to them -- absolutely one of the most unique concert experiences I've ever had.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn, I could have seen Heilung for free on Tuesday but already had plans for Rammstein that night. Wish there wasn't a clash.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Damn, I could have seen Heilung for free on Tuesday but already had plans for Rammstein that night. Wish there wasn't a clash.
    I'm seeing Rammstein tonight, so it worked out perfectly for me!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This isn't close to everything I've gone to this year, but 2022 has been an amazing year for shows.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Finally seeing Roger Waters on Saturday. Bought the tickets 3 years ago. I held onto them because I got good seats in the less expensive zone. Most likely this will be the final curtain for Roger. He just turned 79. He's in a lot better shape than most of the guys that age. He's a surly old man now, yelling at kids to get off his lawn haha. I actually saw the original Wall when I was in college in LA. Last thing I remember is David Gilmour on top of the wall during Comfortably Numb. Younger, wilder days. Wish I would've seen them in 1977 but they didn't play Seattle & I was only 16.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Finally seeing Roger Waters on Saturday. Bought the tickets 3 years ago. I held onto them because I got good seats in the less expensive zone. Most likely this will be the final curtain for Roger. He just turned 79. He's in a lot better shape than most of the guys that age. He's a surly old man now, yelling at kids to get off his lawn haha. I actually saw the original Wall when I was in college in LA. Last thing I remember is David Gilmour on top of the wall during Comfortably Numb. Younger, wilder days. Wish I would've seen them in 1977 but they didn't play Seattle & I was only 16.
    Enjoy! I went to the show a month or ago and it was absolutely phenomenal. So good that I'm semi-kicking myself for skipping his previous tours, especially the 'Us and Them' one recently. Alas. I'll definitely be seeing him again if he comes around for a 'final' time officially. So glad I got to see some of those Floyd songs performed live.