Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1326

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    how was it? Slave to the Grind is a beast of an album.
    Of all the singers from that era (Axl, Roth, Neil, etc.) Bach sounds the best. He really hasn't lost a thing vocally and sounds as good today as he did 30 years ago. He was awesome. His band played Slave to the Grind and several highlights from the debut. He's still the same Bach--super charismatic and funny.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Saw Bauhaus a few hours ago, first concert since 2019...

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Going to see Sebastian Bach this Friday. He's playing Slave to the Grind front-to-Bach!
    That's Sebastian fucking Bach to you. I saw Skid fucking Row open for Aerosmith once & Sebastian set the record for most f bombs in an opening set. There was trouble with the crowd between bands & Bill fucking Graham actually came out to get the crowd to calm down. He only partially suceeded. Think it wasn't too much before he died.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    That's Sebastian fucking Bach to you. I saw Skid fucking Row open for Aerosmith once & Sebastian set the record for most f bombs in an opening set. There was trouble with the crowd between bands & Bill fucking Graham actually came out to get the crowd to calm down. He only partially suceeded. Think it wasn't too much before he died.
    Once Bach saw that there were some kids in the audience he toned that down, stating that he thought it was a 21+ show. He was awesome. He's a great frontman, and one of the best singers from that era, imho.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be in my area next summer, and I thought it could be fun to check them out. But........well, they're $335 + fees.

And that's not a resale ticket, that's the face value....and I thought $190 for Rage Against the Machine was a bit much, this is nuts.

EDIT: I JUST FOUND OUT I CAN GET TICKETS TO SEE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK AND RICK ASTLEY FOR $70 INSTEAD! GOING!!!
    Last edited by M1ke; 11-01-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Got to see a live orchestra screening/concert of The Nightmare Before Christmas last night with Danny Elfman as Jack, Billie Eilish as Sally, and Weird Al, Paul Reubens, Ken Page, and Greg Proops filling in some of the other characters. Such an awesome experience!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be in my area next summer, and I thought it could be fun to check them out. But........well, they're $335 + fees.

And that's not a resale ticket, that's the face value....and I thought $190 for Rage Against the Machine was a bit much, this is nuts.

EDIT: I JUST FOUND OUT I CAN GET TICKETS TO SEE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK AND RICK ASTLEY FOR $70 INSTEAD! GOING!!!
    That RHCP price is absolutely insane.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post

I would never pay that to see the RHCP, not even if they are the Peppers of the "Blood, Sugar..." era.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    We're looking at seeing Chicago in March.

I'm not a big fan: I mean, I like 25 or 6 to 4 a lot. But it turns out that my wife of going on eight years is a huge fan. I never knew this.

Also, keep in mind that NOBODY comes to Amarillo, like, ever.

It's a tiny arena- it's LITERALLY the same place zeppelin and aerosmith played in the 70s, BUT, NOT refurbished.

There are damn fine seats for $80.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I got tickets for Amyl & the Sniffers in a tiny club in May. Quite psyched about this one. Really love both records & word is they are phenomenal live. I've been into bands from Australia & New Zealand for decades. In the first part of the year I have tickets for 3 good ones. Amyl, the Beths & Hoodoo Gurus. All in small clubs. Looks like 2022 is going to be a good year for shows for me. I'm generally avoiding the big shows (with a few exceptions). Being on a fixed income, the theater & club shows are much more budget friendly. Now all I need is NIN to reschedule the 3 nights in a theater they were going to play last year. & Crowded House. & Midnight Oil!
    Last edited by chuckrh; 11-13-2021 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    We're looking at seeing Chicago in March.

I'm not a big fan: I mean, I like 25 or 6 to 4 a lot. But it turns out that my wife of going on eight years is a huge fan. I never knew this.

Also, keep in mind that NOBODY comes to Amarillo, like, ever.

It's a tiny arena- it's LITERALLY the same place zeppelin and aerosmith played in the 70s, BUT, NOT refurbished.

There are damn fine seats for $80.
    Chicago was the third show I ever saw. Terry Kath was still alive & they were great. After he died, things really got tepid. Admittedly the rot had set in before then but Kath was a fantastic guitar player. Among his admirers was Jimi Hendrix. No need to say more about that!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Chicago was the third show I ever saw. Terry Kath was still alive & they were great. After he died, things really got tepid. Admittedly the rot had set in before then but Kath was a fantastic guitar player. Among his admirers was Jimi Hendrix. No need to say more about that!
    True, but they DO still have Lamm, Loughane, and Pankow, from the old days.
    And we've looked at recent live videos, and they looked good.

And, again: NOBODY COMES HERE. And by HERE, i mean we have to drive 80 miles each way.

In 2021 we had, drum roll...STYX!
    You might get a Foreigner or a Beach Boys, too, which will be like, the Show of the Year.
    That's just how it is at the junction of New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

it kind of sucks.

That's why we go to Denver for shows: we live closer to denver than dallas or austin or anything like that.

So, Chicago 80 miles down the road? why not?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Went to my first show since January 2018 a couple of nights ago to see Seeyouspacecowboy, Greyhaven, Wristmeetrazor, and Vatican. Felt good.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed The Jesus and Mary Chain the other day on their "darklands" tour. Not my favorite record of theirs, but the setlist was very diverse and I just loved the atmosphere. Some noise, but an otherwise cool nostalgia-laden concert after months of COVID.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Last show pre-pandemic was David Byrne on 2/2/2020. Since concerts have returned I have seen:

Dead & Company - 8/20/21
    Primus - 9/25/21
    Primus - 9/28/21
    Trey Anastasio Band - 10/2/21
    IDLES - 10/16/21
    Dinosaur Jr. - 11/20/21
    LCD Soundsystem - 11/24/21

And that's it for the rest of the year. Had tickets for Devo get cancelled and Ministry get postponed again.
    As for 2022, I had tickets for Daughters get cancelled and Courtney Barnett I can no longer attend. If all goes well, I'll be seeing David Byrne, Billy Joel, Elton John, and that rescheduled Ministry show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Last show pre-pandemic was David Byrne on 2/2/2020. Since concerts have returned I have seen:

Dead & Company - 8/20/21
    Primus - 9/25/21
    Primus - 9/28/21
    Trey Anastasio Band - 10/2/21
    IDLES - 10/16/21
    Dinosaur Jr. - 11/20/21

And that's it for the rest of the year. Had tickets for Devo get cancelled and Ministry get postponed again.
    As for 2022, I had tickets for Daughters get cancelled and Courtney Barnett I can no longer attend. If all goes well, I'll be seeing David Byrne, Billy Joel, Elton John, and that rescheduled Ministry show.
    How was LCD Soundsystem? I would had loved to see that residency. Hopefully I can see them next year in my neck of the woods

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    How was LCD Soundsystem? I would had loved to see that residency. Hopefully I can see them next year in my neck of the woods
    As good as ever. Great setlist too. They played a lot of early stuff.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)

They have an opener? What time did they go on? I'm seeing them tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    They have an opener? What time did they go on? I'm seeing them tomorrow night.
    They went on around 9-915. No opener.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    They went on around 9-915. No opener.
    Thanks for the info. But like the flip of a switch, I have cancelled going with no refunds. FFS I blown so much money this year on concerts that never happen. I have been watching the cases in NY the last few days and yesterday just made me realize I should be responsible. I read a quote this morning while sulking and it put everything in to perspective for me, "Everything feels simultaneously accessible and irresponsible and you don't feel 100% good about any choice."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm going to see Stephen Brodsky & Adam McGrath of Cave In play a stripped down/unplugged acoustic set tonight. So looking forward to this.

EDIT: It was so great.

A post shared by on

Last edited by otnavuskire; 12-18-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I can certainly relate to this! I'm 37

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Bumping this thread because I'm excited for obvious reasons.

My 2022 concert lineup:
    02/05 – Ghost, Volbeat (I was one person from the rail and it was AMAZING)
    02/10 – Atmosphere
    03/03 – Joywave
    03/13 – Tool, The Acid Helps
    03/24 – Jerry Cantrell
    04/01 – Cloud Cult with the Minnesota Orchestra
    04/15 – Prof
    04/22 – Royal Blood
    05/01 – Mastodon, Opeth
    06/19 – Tenacious D (Portland, OR)
    07/03 – Puscifer
    08/27 – Rammstein
    09/02 – Nine Inch Nails (Red Rocks, Morrison, CO)
    09/07 – Nine Inch Nails (Edgefield, Troutdale, OR)
    09/09 – Nine Inch Nails (Hayden Homes, Bend, OR)
    09/13 – Odesza
    09/23 – Ghost (Green Bay, WI)
    10/17 – Metric
    11/04 – The Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction
    11/07 – Death From Above 1979
    11/13 – Arcade Fire, Beck

2023:
    03/19 – Rage Against the Machine, Run the Jewels
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-18-2022 at 07:07 PM. Reason: New shows added

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    03/20 – Death From Above 1979
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CZuQm-cllmn/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Well shit. That sucks. But I still have plenty of good stuff this year! And it sounds like they still plan on touring in the fall, so pushing it back a few months isn't too bad.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-08-2022 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have tix to see them at Union Stage in DC, and was really looking forward to this. The strange thing is, I haven't seen news of this postponement anywhere other than their IG. The venue website still shows the date and there's no mention of it on FB or DFA's website.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Supposed to see Drive-by Truckers next Saturday (over 2 years after I bought the tickets) & then The War on Drugs a few days after that. Hopefully they happen & I'm able to go.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Man. Feels great to finally update my concert schedule with stuff I feel like I'll actually be seeing for real.

Yves Tumor
    Heart Attack Man
    The Flaming Lips
    Destroyer
    Kraftwerk
    Animal Collective & Spirit of the Beehive
    death's dynamic shroud & Small Black
    Failure
    !!!
    My Morning Jacket (in Louisville)
    Red Hot Chili Peppers & The Strokes & Thundercat (in Nashville)
    Nine Inch Nails - Red Rocks Night 1 (in Colorado)
    Nine Inch Nails - Red Rocks Night 2 (in Colorado)
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 03-03-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Live Nation Announces 'Lawn Pass', a $199 Ticket For Access To Over 40 Shows in 2022"
    https://www.thefader.com/2022/03/01/...tion-lawn-pass