Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1334

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Saw black midi yesterday night. It was insane, I absolutely recommend it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just went to Halestorm and Godsmack, both bands I saw at Rock USA in 2017.

My dates co-workers date asks me "is that a skinny puppy shirt"?

Why yes, yes it is, that's how I roll.

I would love to see them or Depeche Mode, two of the only bands I've never seen that are still active.

But anyways, I only have Ghost in October 3rd and Slayer/Primus/OMFMG MINISTRY/Phil-tera in November, both here in Sioux Falls.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I recently saw Iron Maiden for my second time (which was truly awesome) in St. Paul, MN. Last week I saw Ghost for my fourth time in Portland, OR (another truly amazing spectacle of a show, go if you get the chance!) and Hot Chip (on the rail) in Seattle, WA. I'll be seeing Ghost for the fifth time in Minneapolis next Saturday, then Tool & Killing Joke in Chicago on November 3, and I also got tickets to the Hella Mega tour with Green Day and Weezer next year (don't give a shit about Fall Out Boy). It's weird to only have three shows on the horizon!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just got tickets to a December Angel Olsen concert after hearing her new songs. Wow what a leap. I enjoyed her ealier works, but never felt compelled to buy her album: it was good singer-songwriter stuff. But, damn, judging by "All Mirrors," she's reaching for a new epic sound. I cannot wait to hear her perform live!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just saw Explosions in the Sky the other night ago in Detroit, who were amazing. The opening act was FACS out of Chicago, a really nice post-punk/noise rock band. I'll have to check their stuff out more.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm going to the Thrice/Refused co-headline tour on November 5th in Hamburg. It' sold out since Friday, which annoys me a little bit, since the venue is usually really stuffed when that's the case and it can get quite uncomfortable.

But good for the bands. I've seen Dennis Lyxzén with AC4 and INVSN and those shows were really small venues and few people attending. He is still always giving it all on the stage and it's good to see him having more success - although musically I prefer INVSN nowadays.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ARCHIVE Prague 10/28 - great! The only downside I missed approx. first 15 minutes "thanks" to train delay. Quite small venue and FULL of sound, immersed in/by sound, they're all great musicians and singers (eight people onstage?), great atmosphere. And when Archive song reaches its climax, they just HOLD IT there for minutes and it's just aaaaah, wow.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've come to the conclusion that first row/GA rail has the best fans ever - only the hardcore need apply. I love VIP tickets but the crowds around those seats are suspect.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just got home from seeing Manson tonight. Sounded like he was slurring a little but, I tell you what, he killed it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Scored two last minute tickets to Deadmau5 at Red Rocks last friday for 69 (nice) dollars. It was awesome despite it being super cold. First show that my wife and I have been to at Red Rocks since we moved to Colorado. Hope to catch more!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Saves the Day playing Through Being Cool start to finish was this past Saturday. Club was all smiles on everyone's faces, singing every word louder than Chris. Fun times.

Sunday was Knocked Loose/Stick To Your Guns. It is CRAZY how big Knocked Loose have gotten. Webster Hall was complete chaos almost their entire set. And they sounded really good.

Got Adam Beyer/Drumcode Friday & then Slayer etc on Saturday at MSG.

Brutus next Wednesday.

Following weekend in Counterparts/Varials/End Friday at Gramercy Theatre, then Judge Saturday down the shore in Asbury Park.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

got to cross off a bucket list item tonight when i saw The Cinematic Orchestra, which is absolutely one of the best concerts i've ever attended. they reached further back in their discography than i expected. there are a few video clips in my instagram post if you're curious.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Get your hairspray and tight leggings ready! Motley Crue, Def Leppard & Poison to tour together:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...m-tour-913823/

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I managed to get KISS tickets, so it looks like I'll be seeing Opeth in Chicago on 2/14 and KISS the next day in Peoria. I can't believe KISS is doing like 100 dates.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Got this tonight. I could walk to it from the house I grew up in. I'm not even that big a fan of either band, but they're both legendary (and still popular) NYHC bands playing a shitty ass bar on Staten Island (where no good shows ever occur) in a performance space the size of my living room. Gonna be crazy.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Coworker just surprised me with a pair of Adam Ant tix for Xmas.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Coworker just surprised me with a pair of Adam Ant tix for Xmas.
    does he still put on a good show? i feel like that would be really fun!

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    does he still put on a good show? i feel like that would be really fun!
    No idea. Never seen him live before but next year is his Friend or Foe anniversary tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Stone Temple Pilots is doing a new album and they'll do a new acoustic tour
    I really like the idea, they have amazing acoustic-slow songs

(Atlanta, Sour Girl, I Got You, thought she'd be mine, the art of letting go, a song for sleeping, Cinnamon)

I hope one day Alice in chains do the same (No excuses, down in a Hole, maybe, black gives way to blue, voices, choke, nutshell, don't follow)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Excited to see Tool on the 18th.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    3/20: Knotfest in Japan
    7/16-7/18: Failure
    9/25: Rammstein

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    My wife doesn't want to travel to Chicago anymore, so I have no clue what's going on with the Opeth show next month. She talked about perhaps hitting an extra Kamasi Washington show. We're probably also skipping Summer Camp; Ween is cool, but not $280 a person cool... that line up sucks this year, sorry. Regardless:

3/3/2020 = Kamasi Washington (East Monline, IL) [5th time]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    System of a Down, Korn, and Faith No More all posted the same teaser on their instagrams saying "Monday." So I'm hoping for some dates with all three of them. Ive never seen FNM or SOAD so it would be crossing off two bucketlist bands for me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    System of a Down, Korn, and Faith No More all posted the same teaser on their instagrams saying "Monday." So I'm hoping for some dates with all three of them. Ive never seen FNM or SOAD so it would be crossing off two bucketlist bands for me.
    Summer tour maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Summer tour maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '

That's what I'm hoping for. That's a pretty big lineup and tickets will be hard to come by I would assume. If it's just in ampitheaters, I'll be happy with a lawn ticket. I'd love to be in the pit for SOAD, but that's probably gonna be stupid expensive and hard to get tickets for. Gotta save that money for NIN anyways.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Finally saw SOAD for the first time at Chicago Open Air last year, and they just kept playing and playing and playing. I did the math and it ended up like 60% of their catalog, just insane! I've never seen FNM and I would love to at some point. Korn on the other hand, I only saw once back on the first Family Values tour in '98, and despite them playing here in Sioux Falls a number of times since, I've never had the desire to see them again (their playing here in early February too).

But damnit, between the tickets the two Rammstein shows and VIP tickets for Rock USA, IDK how much more of this I can afford lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Psycho Las vegas is really outdoing itself. This is the best festival lineup in the country easily.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the revival of Furnace Fest is looking to be really really fun too. Shame it's in bumblefuck Alabama making it hard to get there for it. Tons of reunions & cool shit happening here. Diverse too. Here's who they've announced so far, bigger/more unique shit in bold:

'68
    Andrew W.K.
    The Appleseed Cast
    Astronoid
    August Burns Red
    Avail
    The Beautiful Mistake
    Beloved
    Better Off
    Boysetsfire
    The Casket Lottery
    Cave In
    Codeseven
    Comeback Kid
    Converge

Eighteen Visions
    ERRA
    Evergreen Terrace
    Every Time I Die

Few Left Standing
    From Autumn To Ashes
    Further Seems Forever
    Glasseater
    Haste
    Hopesfall

Hot Water Music
    The Juliana Theory
    Knocked Loose

Life In Your Way
    Living Sacrifice
    Luxury
    Mineral
    Misery Signals
    Norma Jean
    SeeYouSpaceCowboy
    Shai Hulud
    Unearth
    Unwed Sailor
    With Honor
    Zao
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 01-31-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Seen Motionless in White this past Tuesday. Fuck the haters.

Co-headline tour for Motionless In White / Beartooth (MIW were third so I left before them) with Stick to Your Guns and LIMBS

Was a pretty good show with high energy. I'll see MIW again, this was my first.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Fuck the haters.
    Seems like I have to state this with 75% of the concerts I go to lol