Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Nadine Shah last Monday in my (tiny, off the gig map) home town. Truly kicked ass.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw INVSN in Munich last week and had a blast again. Dennis is such a great frontman and gives his all even if there are 50 people in attendance.

Met him after the show and talked a bit, told him I was planning to fly to the UK to see Refused & Thrice and he was like "If you gonna fly there just to see us I will put you on the guest list." Told me also the new Refused album is coming before the autumn tour starts and that it will be very radical, cannot wait for that!

As @dlb said there are not many good shows in the coming months, but in December I will see Cult of Luna, this will be a highlight!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @decadent : Was there as well! What a stage dive, huh?

A post shared by on

Always a treat to see them live, my third time seeing INVSN, and November will be my third time seeing Refused. Dennis is a great guy! Bought a couple of records from him a while ago which he even gave me in person and sent one by mail (cat stamps included ). Really looking forward to the next Refused record. Loved "freedom" despite what many people say.
    Last edited by dlb; 07-11-2019 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Haha nice! I think it was also my third time, seen TINC once at a festival and Refused will be my 4th time. And same as you I am really looking forward the new album since Freedom was great!

Shame I cannot go to the Munich show, but Manchester should be nice too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Ghost Inside's return to the stage after three years, eight months on Saturday night in LA was amazing. The band was so tight despite obvious issues with their ongoing recovery. Vigil's stamina was taxed and he looked gassed most of the night but when he was screaming, he sounded incredible. Despite losing his right/primary leg in the 2015 accident, Andrew's drumming flawless. Over 8000 people ended up being there and unlike many shows, every. single. person. was a diehard fan. The crowd was almost the best part of the night. Every single word to every single song was sung so loudly we often drowned out the band as they were playing. Any time Vigil had to take a break, the crowd stepped up and filled in. The numerous heartfelt asides/speeches throughout the entire evening really got emotions going. No timeline was given, but they recorded the entire night with numerous cameras and will release it.

It was such a happy, positive, cathartic experience and I'm so thankful I was able to be there.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    The Ghost Inside's return to the stage after three years, eight months on Saturday night in LA was amazing. The band was so tight despite obvious issues with their ongoing recovery. Vigil's stamina was taxed and he looked gassed most of the night but when he was screaming, he sounded incredible. Despite losing his right/primary leg in the 2015 accident, Andrew's drumming flawless. Over 8000 people ended up being there and unlike many shows, every. single. person. was a diehard fan. The crowd was almost the best part of the night. Every single word to every single song was sung so loudly we often drowned out the band as they were playing. Any time Vigil had to take a break, the crowd stepped up and filled in. The numerous heartfelt asides/speeches throughout the entire evening really got emotions going. No timeline was given, but they recorded the entire night with numerous cameras and will release it.

It was such a happy, positive, cathartic experience and I'm so thankful I was able to be there.
    This reminds me a bit of the ongoing Have Heart reunion shows that are taking place. They played in LA this weekend too. I was at the outdoor Worcester show last weekend. Very emotional as well. Estimates said somewhere around 10k at that show, but that seems a bit high. Still, it was impressive:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I just got tickets to see Aerosmith for $50. I've always thought it would be cool to see those guys. An ex-girlfriend and I had tickets to see them back in 2006, but the show was cancelled because Steven Tyler had to have throat surgery, so this has been a long time coming. Anyone else seem them recently? I know they're old as fuck, but I'm hoping they'll put on a good show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No, I haven't seem them live before - but I'm sure it'll be a fun show.