Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I wouldn't support Mustaine at this point. He's a far right kook who says ugly shit all the time, so fuck him. And as far as Ozzy, his stage persona is frankly just sad at this point, at least for me. He's frail, scared to do much up there & looks it, and never strays too far from his gigantic teleprompter b/c he doesn't know the lyrics to his own songs, save for things like Paranoid and Iron Man. His setlsist are stale, and his ticket prices are high. Also, his voice is almost certainly electronically enhanced up there, b/c he sounds too good on certain songs. I'd see him for free or cheap b/c of his legacy like you said.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I wouldn't support Mustaine at this point. He's a far right kook who says ugly shit all the time, so fuck him. And as far as Ozzy, his stage persona is frankly just sad at this point, at least for me. He's frail, scared to do much up there & looks it, and never strays too far from his gigantic teleprompter b/c he doesn't know the lyrics to his own songs, save for things like Paranoid and Iron Man. His setlsist are stale, and his ticket prices are high. Also, his voice is almost certainly electronically enhanced up there, b/c he sounds too good on certain songs. I'd see him for free or cheap b/c of his legacy like you said.
    You makes several good points, too. I know and like a handful of their songs, but I've never been a huge Megadeth fan, so them being there is more like a bonus than anything. But yeah, Dave's political views certainly don't make me eager to support them. I checked out some YouTube videos of Ozzy performing earlier this year and while he didn't sound GREAT, he did sound better than I expected, given his age and condition. The guy has done so many drugs that he's almost unintelligible when he speaks and seems like he can barely function sometimes in footage I've seen, but there's also this weird phenomenon where once he steps onstage, he seems to go back in time a good decade and can somehow sing all of his songs like muscle memory or something. Anyway, some friends of mine are considering going, but if we go, we'll probably be sitting in the cheap nosebleed seats up in the balcony. I guess we'll see how ridiculous the ticket prices are...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    11/17 - A Perfect Circle
    12/11 - NIN
    12/14 - NIN
    12/15 - NIN
    New entry - 12/12 - NIN

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Fleetwood Mac tonight. Neil Finn has been a favorite since Split Enz days, so pretty excited regardless of the controversy about firing Lindsey Buckingham. Sad to see him go but the replacements are interesting to me. Should be fun.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    2019 plans so far:

The black queen - 3/15
    Massive attack - 3/22

Hopefully NIN playing Toronto, Cleveland, or Grand Rapids

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Every Time I Die's tour with Vein, Angel Du$t, and Turnstile is here again tonight and I cannot wait to do it all over again! The whole bill was incredible. Vein came on at 7 and never took longer than a 3 second break between songs. Their set was absolute insanity and despite setting the bar for the night incredibly high, each subsequent band somehow raised it even higher. Angel Du$t was so much heavier and more energetic than their studio stuff and they were just plain fun. Then Turnstile blew me away. I totally forgot to check them out so I had no expectations and could not be happier with their set. They're like easycore but not typical easycore (i.e, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, Abandoned by Bears). It was refreshing.

Every Time I Die was perfect. They did 3 songs from each of their 8 albums, no encore. No complaints.

And then there was this part that I can't stop cracking up at:

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The Fleetwood Mac show I saw last night was great. The new guys have breathed a bit of life into it. Different vibe. If you like them at all, I'd recommend seeing the tour.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    new entry - 12/12 - nin
    12/8 - nin

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Every Time I Die's tour with Vein, Angel Du$t, and Turnstile is here again tonight and I cannot wait to do it all over again! The whole bill was incredible. Vein came on at 7 and never took longer than a 3 second break between songs. Their set was absolute insanity and despite setting the bar for the night incredibly high, each subsequent band somehow raised it even higher. Angel Du$t was so much heavier and more energetic than their studio stuff and they were just plain fun. Then Turnstile blew me away. I totally forgot to check them out so I had no expectations and could not be happier with their set. They're like easycore but not typical easycore (i.e, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, Abandoned by Bears). It was refreshing.

Every Time I Die was perfect. They did 3 songs from each of their 8 albums, no encore. No complaints.

And then there was this part that I can't stop cracking up at:

A post shared by on

Will be seeing this next month. Beyond amped.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    first round of treefort acts were announced. stoked to see liz phair and black moth super rainbow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Will be seeing this next month. Beyond amped.
    Totally bummed this one is already sold out in Richmond. Looks like a great lineup!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Been to INVSN in Malmö on December 14th, one of my favourite bands at the moment. It's a post-punk band with Dennis Lyxzén of Refused, among others.

The venue was rather small, but still quite empty. It's a real shame how unknown/underrated this band is. Their concert was great too. Dennis Lyxzén has an incredible explosive energy in his performance and it was no different this night. Despite the meager attendance the band seemed to have fun on stage and put on a good show. The show was rather short, but they played almost all of their latest album and EP and some older songs. And the ticket price was really cheap, so no complaints at all!

After the show Dennis Lyxzén was manning the merch table, so there was the chance to speak to him personally, which was also a highlight. All in all I'd definitely give a recommendation to go to one of their concerts, if you get the chance.

The band plans to work on new material in 2019, but new Refused is also in the works, as far as I know.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I attended a Haelos concert, in SF, last week. For whatever reason, I was randomly selected to participate in this ARG sort of e-mail questionnaire related to their upcoming album, "ARK." They ended up selecting me to interview for a mini doco that they plan to release with the upcoming album (releasing in May, I think). Their staffer, Will, was just the nicest guy: He took me backstage and we just discussed politics and other interesting topics during the interview. We continued our conversation after the interview segment; he was just generous, letting me know they had an open tab so grab drinks on them (I'm older and don't recover from hangovers like I did 2 decades ago, so, I passed). He then got me a shirt, had the band autograph it and later arranged a meeting with them. It was a great concert, by itself, but, wow, I did not plan on meeting them or being part of their doco. Life can be randomly good sometimes...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    2019 shows (so far):

02/01/19 – Matt & Kim (Minneapolis, MN)
    02/24/19 – Young the Giant (St. Paul, MN)
    03/29/19 – Baroness, Deafheaven (Minneapolis, MN)
    03/30/19 – Weezer, Pixies (St. Paul, MN)
    04/06/19 – Prof, Mac Irv, Cashinova (St. Cloud, MN)
    04/19/19 – Alice in Chains (Minneapolis, MN)
    05/18/19 – Chicago Open Air, day 1: System of a Down, Ghost, Meshuggah, Beartooth (Bridgeview, IL)
    05/19/19 – Chicago Open Air, day 2: Tool, The Cult, Gojira (Bridgeview, IL)
    07/13/19 – Basilica Block Party, day 2: CHVRCHES, Metric (Minneapolis, MN)
    07/30/19 – Tenacious D (St. Paul, MN)
    08/26/19 – Iron Maiden (St. Paul, MN)
    09/16/19 – Ghost, Nothing More (Portland, OR)
    09/18/19 – Hot Chip (Seattle, WA)
    10/05/19 – Ghost, Nothing More (Minneapolis, MN)
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-04-2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Added more shows!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ok I'll get this to work eventually...

@sonic_discord . COA? We should meet up.

UPCOMING SHOWS

05.16 Tool Lincoln NE
    05.18-19 Chicago Open Air (Tool, System of a Down, Ghost) Chicago IL
    06.13 Mastodon Council Bluffs IA
    06.21 Rolling Stones Chicago IL
    07.19 Static X Sioux City IA
    07.23 Manson Zombie Sioux Falls SD
    10.11 Phil fuckin' Collins Omaha NE

Finally!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Saw Tim Hecker 2/23/19 in LA. Going to see him again 5/8/19 in SF ��

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @SM Rollinger Yes, I did find a small group of friends to take advantage of the buy-one-get-one offer and join me (was able to get field GA tickets for $102 a piece after fees with a promo code, too). It sounds like we're planning on getting there early, so yeah!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    3-28 The Black Queen
    4-24 Failure
    5-10 HEALTH

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    3-28 The Black Queen
    See you there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    3/28-- The Black Queen/Uniform
    4/3-- Sasami

@virushopper @Toadflax strongly recommend catching Uniform. They're brilliant and put on a good show.
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 03-27-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    3/29-- Massive Attack
    4/3-- Sasami

@virushopper @Toadflax strongly recommend catching Uniform. They're brilliant and put on a good show.
    Thanks! And uh, might want to double check that Massive Attack date...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Thanks! And uh, might want to double check that Massive Attack date...
    D'oh! Thanks for the reminder. Edited for relevance.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    4/3-- Sasami

Sounds good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    4/11 - Touche Amore & Pianos Become The Teeth @ Brooklyn Bazaar
    and then later that same night...Aphex Twin @ Avant Gardner

4/12 - Foals @ Brooklyn Steel

4/13 - Knocked Loose, The Acacia Strain, Incendiary, Harms Way, Sanction @ Starland Ballroom

4/17 - La Dispute, Gouge Away @ Irving Plaza

4/18 - Whitechapel, Revocation, Fallujah @ Starland Ballroom

4/25 - Health, Youth Code, PicturePlane @ Elsewhere

4/26 - Hot Water Music @ MHoW (performing No Division)

4/28 - Hot Water Music @ House of Independents (performing Caution)

5/2 - Gza (performing Liquid Swords) @ Sony Music Hall

5/8 - Turnover & Turnstile @ Starland Ballroom

5/9 - Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, After The Burial, Vein @ Terminal 5

5/15 - Basement, Nothing, Teenage Wrist @ Irving Plaza

5/16 - Architects @ BK Steel

6/2 - Hot 97 Summer Jam @ Metlife Stadium

6/4 - Mastodon (performing Crack the Skye) & Coheed @ Stone Pony Summer Stage

6/14 - Wu-Tang Clan & the Soul Rebels @ Mohegan Sun, CT

7/6- Have Heart reunion show, Down to Nothing, Shipwreck, Vein @ Palladium Outdoors, Worcester

8/30 - Slipknot, Gojira, Behemoth @ PNC Bank Arts Center

9/26 - Massive Attack (performing Mezzanine) @ Radio City
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-01-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Anyone going to check out Static-X? I don't think the mask is a big issue, that was the whole image of them.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/wha...-reunion-tour/

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Anyone going to check out Static-X? I don't think the mask is a big issue, that was the whole image of them.

https://www.kerrang.com/features/wha...-reunion-tour/
    Nah, I'm on the "creepy as fuck" side of this one. I do not understand their thinking behind this, and the mask itself is just.....bad.

This is literally all I can think of.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lol I'm fine with the mask, but that gif is great lol

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

6/14 - Wu-Tang Clan & the Soul Rebels @ Mohegan Sun, CT
    Wu Tang at Mohegan Sun?! Wow...I wonder what the crowd is gonna be like, hahaha.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Wu Tang at Mohegan Sun?! Wow...I wonder what the crowd is gonna be like, hahaha.
    I can only hope it's filled with busloads of old chinese ladies. Can't see them being pulled away from the slots to bring da ruckus though.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    A mixture of old chinese ladies and old rich white dudes