Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I love the Foo Fighters, but they tour too much, play too many covers/jams/unnecessary crowd participation parts and for me personally, I'd need to see more deep cuts from the first two albums to get me to see them again any time soon. Def. agree that Dave is hilarious.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    New show has been added!

11/09 - Ladies of LCD Soundsystem
    11/17 - APC in Anaheim
    11/30 - NIN in Vegas

12/01 - NIN in Vegas
    12/04 - NIN in SF
    12/05 - NIN in SF
    12/11 - NIN in LA
    12/15 - NIN in LA
    12/18 - Ministry in San Diego

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    All I got left.

Behemoth /w Wolves in the Throne Room and At The Gates - The Underground, Charlotte, NC on October 29th, 2018
    Ghost (VIP Ticket) -
    Oven’s Auditorium, Charlotte, NC on December 2nd, 2018

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    October and November are insane for concerts... just saw Emma Ruth Rundle yesterday and upcoming are:

- the Black Queen
    - the White Buffallo
    - Slaves
    - the Stevenson Ranch Davidians
    - Lord Huron
    - Emma Ruth Rundle in London
    - the Ocean
    - Soft Kill
    - White Denim
    - Mudhoney
    - Peter Murphy or the KVB (damn, same day)
    - Rotor and Coogans Bluff
    - Mantar
    - Kadavar and Monolord
    - Johnny Marr
    - Pagan
    - Henry Rollins
    - Shame
    - Clutch

and some local German bands here and there. Phew... lots of things to do until Christmas.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My next few months are
    King Crimson
    Mogwai
    Gary Numan plus orchestra
    Slayer
    Human League
    Peter Murphy
    Gutted I cant go to see David Byrne next weekend but we’re on a caravan holiday weekend!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    10/23- Vein @ Elsewhere, Brooklyn

11/3- Behemoth, At the Gates & Wolves in the Throne Room @ Playstation Theater, Manhattan

11/4- Lifetime, Cold World @ Brooklyn Bazaar

11/9- Tchami @ Avant Gardner, Brooklyn

11/10- Chris Lake & Dombresky @ Output, Brooklyn

11/17- Gorgon City @ Avant Gardner, Brooklyn

11/23- Holiday Hip Hop Jam: The Lox, Rakim, E.P.M.D., M.O.P & Black Moon @ Kupferberg Center, Queens

11/24- The Heavy Hitter Concert: 50 Cent, A$AP Ferg, A Boogie, Teyana Taylor, Rich the Kid, etc. @ Hulu Theater, Manhattan

11/30 & 12/1- NIN, J&MC, HMLTD @ The Joint, Vegas

12/13 - Every Time I Die, Turnstile, Vein & Angel Du$t @ The Middle East, Cambridge MA

12/15- Chris Liebing @ Schimanski, Brooklyn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just bought tickets to see the Digable Planets on Halloween. I am so excited. My second favorite hip hop group of all time.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    anyone going to any cool shows on NYE this year? I'm looking for something interesting to do this year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Still two concerts lined up for this year:

The Black Queen in Hamburg
    INVSN in Malmö

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Added another show for November!

11/03 - Death From Above

11/09 - Ladies of LCD Soundsystem

11/17 - APC in Anaheim
    11/30 - NIN in Vegas

12/01 - NIN in Vegas
    12/04 - NIN in SF
    12/05 - NIN in SF
    12/11 - NIN in LA
    12/15 - NIN in LA
    12/18 - Ministry in San Diego

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New upcoming shows:

11/11/18 – A Perfect Circle, Badflower, Night Club @ The Armory (Minneapolis, MN)
    12/15/18 – Atmosphere, deM atlaS, The Lioness, DJ Keezy @ Palace Theatre (Minneapolis, MN)
    03/30/19 – Weezer, Pixies, Basement @ Xcel Energy Center (St. Paul, MN)

2018 Past:

03/02 – Prof, Dwynell Roland, Cashinova, CRASHprez @ Cavalier Theater (La Crosse, WI)
    05/12 – Northern Invasion: A Perfect Circle, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin @ Somerset Amphitheater (Somerset, WI)
    05/13 – Northern Invasion: Tool, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots @ Somerset Amphitheater (Somerset, WI)
    05/19 – Superchunk @ Grumpy's Art-a-Whirl (Minneapolis, MN)
    06/01 – Ghost @ Palace Theatre (St. Paul, MN)
    06/30 – Spoon, Grizzly Bear @ Surly Brewing Festival Field (Minneapolis, MN)
    07/06 – Basilica Block Party: Fitz and the Tantrums, The Revolution (Minneapolis, MN)
    07/07 – Basilica Block Party: CAKE, B0RNS, Third Eye Blind (Minneapolis, MN)
    07/19 – Prof, Sa-Roc, Cashinova, Shannon Blowtorch @First Avenue (Minneapolis, MN)
    08/19 – The Smashing Pumpkins, Metric @ Xcel Energy Center (St. Paul, MN)
    08/23 – CAKE, Ben Folds @ BMO Harris Pavilion (Milwaukee, WI)
    09/04 – Metallica @ Target Center (Minneapolis, MN)
    09/08 – Prof, Lil' B, Montanna of 300, Cashinova @ Cabooze Outdoor Plaza (Minneapolis, MN)
    10/03 – CHVRCHES, Lo Moon @ Palace Theatre (St. Paul, MN)
    10/18 – Foo Fighters, Gang of Youths @ Xcel Energy Center (St. Paul, MN)
    10/26 – Nine Inch Nails, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Death in Vegas @ Aragon Ballroom (Chicago, IL)
    10/27 – Nine Inch Nails, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Death in Vegas @ Aragon Ballroom (Chicago, IL)
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-31-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    going to see Mazzy Star this thursday. so that's nice.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    11/17 - A Perfect Circle
    12/11 - NIN
    12/14 - NIN
    12/15 - NIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think my concerts for the year are done. I have nothing coming up unless I get invited to cover something randomly.

But last month I saw Dead Sara, who were fucking ace! I can't believe they're not bigger. They practically tore down that little venue. I've seen them twice before, but once as an opener and the other time at a short intimate gig, so it was nice to see one of their headlining shows.

This past month I saw Gorillaz (again) and they put on an amazing show. I mainly went for my girlfriend, but I had such a great time. They played for 2 plus hours and manage to hit every song I wanted to hear that they didn't play last time. Plus, fucking De La Soul came out for Feel Good Inc!

And then NIN. Words cannot express how happy I am that I got to go to at least one show. I really wanted to hit up at least one more, but my wallet was screaming don't. Still, the setlist was nearly perfect, Trent was on fire, and I finally fucking saw Trent Reznor AND Robin Finck with my own eyes! This is the dude I've seen numerous times when watching NIN videos or Closure. And I saw him in the flesh! So good year for concerts I must say. So far next year I only have Metric lined up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got two more NIN shows and that's it until whatever show i get tickets to next year. Preferably The Black Queen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    But last month I saw Dead Sara, who were fucking ace! I can't believe they're not bigger. They practically tore down that little venue. I've seen them twice before, but once as an opener and the other time at a short intimate gig, so it was nice to see one of their headlining shows.
    Dead Sara were great opening for Muse some years back.

I just have Thom Yorke on my calendar for the rest of the year now. Massive Attack's penciled in for next year, and hopefully Black Queen, IAMX, and more NIN shows..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Dead Sara were great opening for Muse some years back.

I just have Thom Yorke on my calendar for the rest of the year now. Massive Attack's penciled in for next year, and hopefully Black Queen, IAMX, and more NIN shows..
    Yup! That's where I first saw Dead Sara too and they blew me away. One of the few times I fell in love with an opening band.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    Dead Sara are making progress. they are recently signed. They've gone through some lineup changes. Emily is honing her craft and performance, they finally have some money behind them. keep your eye on them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Dead Sara are making progress. they are recently signed. They've gone through some lineup changes. Emily is honing her craft and performance, they finally have some money behind them. keep your eye on them.
    Yeah they are, which is great! I've been following them since 2013, so I'm happy with the progress they've made. I just think they're the type of band everyone should know, especially those who say rock is dead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^Dead Sara opening for Muse was my first exposure to the band as well.

Few left for the end of the year:
    The Joy Formidable
    A Perfect Circle with Tricky (more excited for Tricky)
    NIN x2 in Las Vegas
    Thom Yorke
    Cat Power

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So mad at myself....I completely forgot that DFA was playing here last night and I had tickets. Oh well, I guess I just donated money to the band

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I Went a festival 2 days ago, (Guns and roses, Wolfmother, Garbage, Whitesnake, Sammy Hagar and the circle)

Everything was awesome, except the fucking audience, holy shit was the worst fucking audience ever, They don't sing one fucking song
    50,000 people, great music and it feels like a cemetery...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    I Went a festival 2 days ago, (Guns and roses, Wolfmother, Garbage, Whitesnake, Sammy Hagar and the circle)

Everything was awesome, except the fucking audience, holy shit was the worst fucking audience ever, They don't sing one fucking song
    50,000 people, great music and it feels like a cemetery...
    This is why I'm not longer a fan of US festivals. It seems like the cool thing to do is go regardless of who is playing just so you can say you were there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    This is why I'm not longer a fan of US festivals. It seems like the cool thing to do is go regardless of who is playing just so you can say you were there.
    Wait, people go to festivals for music? I thought they existed solely for white sorority girls to wear the stupidest shit imaginable and post hundreds of pictures of themselves wearing it on social media.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New dates were just announced for Ozzy's No More Tours tour with Megadeth supporting and I'm thinking of going. Has anyone here seen Ozzy or Megadeth recently and is it worth the price of admission? I've never seen either.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Going to this on Sunday:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Hepa.titus, Pu$$y-Cow, and Midget Handjob... those are some interesting band names!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Has anyone here seen Ozzy or Megadeth recently and is it worth the price of admission? I've never seen either.
    I would not pay to see either of these in 2018.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I missed the chance of see him this year, and I regret because this is the last tour, and he is a Legend, you should try to go if you like him.
    There are some bands that won't be here much longer

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I kinda figured I'd get a mix of reactions/opinions like this. There have been a lot of bands announcing & going on their final/farewell tours lately and some I have no interest in (Kiss, Slayer), some I would really like to see (Aerosmith, Ozzy), and some I missed and wish I had gone to see (AC/DC, even though it wasn't really a farewell tour) and some I would find very entertaining & enjoyable, but would never be willing to pay what they're asking (Elton John, Black Sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd). I found myself kinda wishing I had gone to Guns N' Roses when they came through on their Not in This Lifetime tour, but tickets were expensive and I'd already gone to a lot of shows. Like @AThousandDaysBefore said, some of these bands are legends and I too feel like I should check them out before they check out.