Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Saw a very tiny bar show last night with 4 bands. The first two were great, the third didn't show on time so the fourth got to go ahead of them, and luckily they were LAVOLA, my favorite band in all of Florida who I've now seen two times. They signed my LP this time around and we hung out for a couple of hours again; some of the coolest people around.

I got to experience moshing for the first time during their set, and I see the appeal for sure. The first show of theirs I saw was wonderful, but more low-key; this was incredibly intense, visceral and all around the reason I love going to concerts. Cannot wait to see more of them, and now that they're living in Orlando instead of South Florida I know I'll be seeing a whole lot more.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Coal Chamber next Monday!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I'm going to the Philly show on April 4th. Pretty pumped

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Going to River City Rock Fest (70 bucks for Linkin Park, can't beat that) in May, and Summers Last Stand (slipknot) in september. Other than that, no shows planned sadly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Saw Steven Wilson a week ago, going to The Prodigy in May. Bit sad I can't go and see Gary Numan in London tomorrow

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    LUCKY!!!! I want to see them now that they've reformed, but they're afraid to come to Canada for some reason. I saw the show back in 1999 with Slipknot and Dope, and that was an awesome show.

I see they're playing Heavy Montreal in August... so I guess that's a step in the right direction. Now they just have to mosey on over to the west and i'm set! I'd even travel to Alberta to see a show if I had to.

Another band that doesn't seem to want to come to Canada are Orgy... they've been touring a lot lately and always skip us over.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pre-show #toiletselfie taken. Fancy bottle of Belgium chilling for when we get back. It's almost time to do this thing. Coal Chamber I'm coming for you!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I last saw Coal Chamber probably 13-14 years ago probably shortly before Dark Days came out. Also a couple times before that. For ask the time gone by they were just as good last night as I ever remembered them. Pretty much a greatest hits set list with some cool b-side tracks thrown in. It was really pretty fucking awesome.

Missed American Head Charge as we hit there a bit late and they played early as well.

Combi Christ(sp) was pretty good, not my thing but they were fun.

Filter was pretty meh. Singer dude tried some banter and play his part but to me it seemed kind of tired. That said I think it was a solid effort on their part. I was never a fan really to begin with.

All things totaled it was a pretty solid show.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Haven't been to a show since last November, got a couple good ones lined up soon....

Foxygen
    JEFF the Brotherhood
    Lightning Bolt
    Melt-Banana
    Tame Impala
    David Liebe Hart
    the Murder Junkies (GG Allin's old band)
    Death Grips

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Going to see Failure on May 1

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Steely Dan, Ravinia, July 14th. Looking forward to them, as always.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Scored some tix (via presale for $20!) to see Dillinger in Philly on June 17!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Andrew Jackson Jihad, Smith Street Band, Jeff Rosenstock, and Chumped tonight!

Also, my very dear friends in The Rackatees are opening up for Bad Religion and OFF! at Liberty Hall this Tuesday! I'm beyond stoked
    Last edited by Soma; 03-31-2015 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Def Leppard and Whitesnake co headlining in Cardiff this December. Also a bit tempted by the Download festival as its Mötley Crues last show in the UK on the Sunday (Marilyn Manson headlining second stage on the Saturday, muse headlining).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Going to see STP at the end of the month, Mudhoney and Manson/Pumpkins in July and hope to see Van Halen on their tour. All Boston shows.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Two weeks ago I had a ticket for Archive show on Friday, and Steven Wilson on Sunday. Unfortunately, I found myself in a hospital for a few days just during that weekend (nothing dramatical), grr. :-(

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The concerts thread

Missed American Head Charge as we hit there a bit late and they played early as well.
    Went to the show this past Saturday and America Head Charge dropped off the tour. We didn't hear about it beforehand and my brother in law was looking forward to seeing them. Apparently they did it to start on a new album. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to do when there's a month left on the tour but whatever I guess

Filter was pretty meh. Singer dude tried some banter and play his part but to me it seemed kind of tired. That said I think it was a solid effort on their part. I was never a fan really to begin with.
    Was he saying a bunch of shit about how music sucks and people like him are the real artists? He said so much dumb shit in between songs and was making a fool of himself. He said "When I was in Nine Inch Nails" at least 3 times in between songs, he seemed drunk or something. They sounded fine other than that, guitar needed to be way louder though.

Coal Chamber was fucking incredible though. One of the better shows I've seen in quite some time. Really hoping they do another tour this summer after the new album comes out.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 04-06-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sounds about right. And yes the guitar was way too quiet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw Mastodon on Saturday..... awesome and heavy as shit. Been awhile since I went to a metal show, two days after braving that pit, the harsh reality of not being 20 years old anymore has set in......I'm so sore.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just saw Madeon. The sound in the venue sucked and something happened with his lights like 15 minutes in but they got working again quickly, but despite all the mishaps he still put on a really great show. First time at a club DJ set in a few years and I totally remember why, though: it's just way too loud and how. Outdoor is the way to go.

Might go see Mastodon and Clutch later this week if I can find a ticket.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Scored tickets to see Coheed and Cambria at a venue in Dewey Beach, DE (20 mins from our house) called the Bottle and Cork. Max occupancy = maybe 800.

Dillinger the following night in Philly.

See you in July, voice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw Jack White on the 15th. My fiancee and I totally fanboy/fangirled and got in line about 7 hours before the show started. Met and hung out with some awesome super fans before the show. As for the show itself it was incredible. Jack is a rock star in the most true sense of the word. Him and his band put on a hell of a show and I feel honored to have witnessed it on the rail, dead center.

A day/night I will truly never forget.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally got to attend a Sleater-Kinney concert, tonight, in San Francisco. Wow, that was an amazing show!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Went to JMSN last Friday, it was a lovely performance.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anaal Nathrakh in Chicago on the 17th. Booya.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    total last minute buy: Should be awesome!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Sooooo Kraftwerk's is doing a limited 12-city run this fall of North America

Sept. 16 – Edmonton, Alberta, Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
    Sept. 17 – Calgary, Alberta, Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
    Sept. 19 – Portland, Ore., Keller Auditorium
    Sept. 23 – Denver, Colo., Ellie Caulkins Opera House
    Sept. 25 – Austin, Texas, Bass Concert Hall
    Sept. 27 – Nashville, Tenn., Ryman Auditorium
    Sept. 29 – Miami, Fla., Olympia Theater At Gusman Center
    Oct. 2 – Philadelphia, Pa., Electric Factory
    Oct. 3 – Boston, Mass., Wang Theatre - Citi Performing Arts Center
    Oct. 5 – Detroit, Mich., Masonic Temple Theatre
    Oct. 7 – Minneapolis, Minn., Northrop Auditorium
    Oct. 9 – Kansas City, Mo., Arvest Bank Theatre At The Midland

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    If you haven't seen Kraftwerk live, do it. I've saw them during their 3D shows last year and it was pretty amazing!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Pretty good schedule I have this year, by my own standards.

April: Rosetta
    May: Guano Apes

May: Primavera festival, where I hope to catch:
    Einstürzende Neubauten, Underworld, Swans, Interpol, DFA1979, Sunn O))), Patti Smith, Earth, White Hills, Exxasens, The Black Keys, Earthless, The Replacements (only to see Josh Fucking Freese, if he's still with them), The Soft Moon, Electric Wizard, Shellac, Tori Amos (clash with Swans, dunno what to do yet), The Strokes, Battles and possible some other stuff

June: Dream Theater
    July: Solstafir

and who knows what in the fall

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Attended the U2 show, in San Jose (CA), last night and just got back from the Lana Del Rey/Courtney Love concert. I really enjoyed both shows. Won tickets to see a Juicy J rap show, this Saturday. Not familiar with his stuff, except the work he did for the "Hustle & Flow" soundtrack. But, fuck it, it's free and a good excuse to hang out with a friend of mine.