Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.27 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm getting pretty excited for this show. Less than 24 hours away! I've also unintentionally managed to avoid seeing any of the posted videos from previous shows, so I only have a vague sense of what to expect, other that it's going to be awesome.

As a side note, my office is a couple blocks away from the venue, so if you are getting in early and would like a place to store stuff during the show, PM me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2013.04.27 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues

DIIV's van broke down, so Boston gets a DJ replacement too...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Looks like DIIV missed this show as there is a DJ setup on the stage. I sure hope some folks smuggled in some gear, this looks like a great room to record.

The DJ had a quick 30 minute set.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 04-27-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Bored, waiting for HDTA to go on.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    DIIV are pretty cursed

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    And which poster represents this fine concert? I am very jealous of everybody in attendance.

Thank you for sharing.
    \/\/\/
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 04-27-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    And which poster represents this fine concert? I am very jealous of everybody in attendance.
    #6, the one with the family

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Opening DJ played a 30 min set. CD-based. Had some rough transitions, but overall not too bad. Went with an electronic/industrial sound which wasn't a bad choice.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

"She's Unreal" is one of my favorite MBM tracks, so he did ok in my book.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Damn. That was a fine show, albeit an early one. If only Prince were doing a late show here. Oh well, plenty of rest before the NY drive tomorrow.

Anyhow, standard set with some excellent arrangements. Mariqueen introduced the guys in the band which I hadn't heard her do before. Very fun show!

Last edited by FULLMETAL; 04-27-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added huge picture because I like her black arm things.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quick summary:

-Disappointed that DIIV wasn't there. DJ set was pointless.

-Great performance and show by the band.

-Terrible/rude crowd. People constantly blocking the view of the stage because they "had" to have 5 or more pics of every song. Really annoying to say the least. Some guy kept farting the whole night on the floor as well.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

What a fantastic show! So glad I went. Seeing Trent "black t-shirt" Reznor rocking business casual in a button down shirt was amusing to say the least.

I was to the left of the stage on the ground floor by a bar. It's slightly raised so I could easily see over the crowd and had a clear view of the band save for Ally when the screen thing was pulled back. The opening DJ actually came and watched the show right next to us.

Just loved the show and am looking forward to a more front-and-center experience tomorrow. Not sure if it was acoustics of where I was, but Trent's mic seemed a lot louder than M's -- it was hard to hear her at times.

Also, I think it's great Rob is up there on stage, but he needs to loosen up a bit or at least move around a bit more it was right knee bend head bob the entire night, almost robotic.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Some guy kept farting the whole night on the floor as well.
    This made me laugh quite hard.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Got about 5 more will post later.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post

Got about 5 more will post later.
    Be sure to send those files my way
    iPhone?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Be sure to send those files my way
    iPhone?
    no i was using a sony HX20V

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Looks like it may be usable! Send me everything you got when you get the chance.

Actually I think you were standing a few feet in front of me because I got an HX20V zooming on the band in a few of the videos I shot with my iPad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What an incredible show. Everything was perfect. The music, the visuals, the overall feel of it.

I was let down that DIIV couldn't make it. I was looking forward to seeing them.

I agree with the crowd comment. A few people around me felt more compelled to video the show and take a million pics all throughout the evening instead of enjoying it. There was one assclown in front of me who was constantly doing this and blocking what little view I had. I got fed up and politely told him to give it a rest. He shot me a dirty look and then moved over a few steps. Still. Fuck that guy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The DJ wasn't bad. Not great, but not awful. I recognized him from various Boston clubs.

If you heard a woman (with black/red hair) screaming "DAT ASS" every so often, that was me. Ditto with yelling "VARIOUS SOUNDS OF EXCITEMENT" when the DJ came on.

I'm an asshole. (Also I was drunk.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quick summary:

-Terrible/rude crowd. People constantly blocking the view of the stage because they "had" to have 5 or more pics of every song. Really annoying to say the least. Some guy kept farting the whole night on the floor as well.
    the goons behind me were fucking insufferable. 0/10, would punch

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vpintz View Post
    The DJ wasn't bad. Not great, but not awful. I recognized him from various Boston clubs.

If you heard a woman (with black/red hair) screaming "DAT ASS" every so often, that was me. Ditto with yelling "VARIOUS SOUNDS OF EXCITEMENT" when the DJ came on.

I'm an asshole. (Also I was drunk.)
    I'm sorry but that DJ was atrociously bad he couldn't match a single beat went from one song completely stopping into another who does that !!!!! I can mix better then that on my home setup and he was looking at his phone off and on during the set the crowd should have booed him off the stage not clapped anyone who clapped had no concept of what a DJ should sound like.

And drunk people IMO need to stay the hell away from people who want to enjoy the show if you want to get drunk and gab or grab the girls ass your trying to get for the night which i saw so many stupid guys do go to a fucking bar you wreck the concert for those of us who are trying to listen !!!!!

As for cameras and video taking its a nin related band you should be used to this by now and its GA if you cant see around someone move there was plenty of room.

I enjoyed the show but drunk asssholes pretty much wrecked it in Boston didnt help that there was a game going on and im sure people who were drunk just bought tickets and came in to drink more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    I'm sorry but that DJ was atrociously bad he couldn't match a single beat went from one song completely stopping into another who does that !!!!! I can mix better then that on my home setup and he was looking at his phone off and on during the set the crowd should have booed him off the stage not clapped anyone who clapped had no concept of what a DJ should sound like.

And drunk people IMO need to stay the hell away from people who want to enjoy the show if you want to get drunk and gab or grab the girls ass your trying to get for the night which i saw so many stupid guys do go to a fucking bar you wreck the concert for those of us who are trying to listen !!!!!

As for cameras and video taking its a nin related band you should be used to this by now and its GA if you cant see around someone move there was plenty of room.

I enjoyed the show but drunk asssholes pretty much wrecked it in Boston didnt help that there was a game going on and im sure people who were drunk just bought tickets and came in to drink more.
    Yeah, I didn't mind the cameras at all...I was taking pictures as well. I was pretty pleased with my spot on the floor/rail (until my feet went numb and i almost fell over--sorry, people behind me! Didn't mean to trample you.). Also, um, it is possible to drink and enjoy the show. HTH.

The people behind me who were being insufferable...they were just screaming shit like "OMG PLAY 'CLOSER'" and shit which to me is more disrespectful than me commenting (semi drunkenly) on the attractiveness of the band members. Sorry, not sorry <3
    Last edited by vpintz; 04-28-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also, I feel the need to PM everybody ITT and apologize to them in case one of the posters here was one of the people I stepped on when I almost fainted. Sorry, y'all. <3

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    i just have to ask you guys a question who saw this opening DJ...
    did he have long hair?

seriously question, cuz i saw Amon Tobin in NYC last weekend and he had this opening DJ that did exactly as you described
    no real mixing, just jumping from track to track... he would do like a dance track, then some slow ethnical kinda track, to a rappish track, back to dance... literally just skipping through em with to no real mixing.

i just gotta know if this is the same guy... anyone got a pic of this DJ?
    i need to know if its the same shitsack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    i just have to ask you guys a question who saw this opening DJ...
    did he have long hair?

seriously question, cuz i saw Amon Tobin in NYC last weekend and he had this opening DJ that did exactly as you described
    no real mixing, just jumping from track to track... he would do like a dance track, then some slow ethnical kinda track, to a rappish track, back to dance... literally just skipping through em with to no real mixing.

i just gotta know if this is the same guy... anyone got a pic of this DJ?
    i need to know if its the same shitsack
    I'd say he had short to medium length hair.

ETA: he's also a local (Boston area) DJ, so there's that.
    Last edited by vpintz; 04-28-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    His name was "DJ Brian L" I believe...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quick summary:

-Disappointed that DIIV wasn't there. DJ set was pointless.

-Great performance and show by the band.

I noticed the DJ when I got in at about 7:15, thought it was a weird choice. After hitting up the merch table for a couple of posters made it back to the soundboard. HTDA hit the stage and I was like "WTF, where's the opening act?" Didn't hear about their van troubles till I got home (hour and a half freakin drive, but the T ride with all the drunk Sox fans was a fuckin RIOT! Whole train was laughing!) I also smelled the disgusting stench from the rouge farter. Two cute girls behind us blamed my friend and I and we were mortified. If I had farted like THAT I'd have been giggling like a school girl, not about to throw up in my mouth. FUCKING RANK! And whoever it was didn't fart once, but like FIVE TIMES! The show itself was fantastic. I also didn't watch any footage of previous shows and I'm glad I didn't! Light show blew my fuggin' mind! Is it me, or did the have surround sound? It seemed like certain sounds were coming from behind me... The only "bad" thing I can say is that Mariqueen's vocals were hard to hear during certain songs. I'm wondering if it's where I was standing cause I watch a video of someone who was right up front and it sounded fine. My friend told me that acoustically H.O.B is a horrible place to see a show, but he's grumpy sometimes. Anyone get a full set list? I was to busy enjoying the show to remember to write it down....

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiner2 View Post
    Anyone get a full set list? I was to busy enjoying the show to remember to write it down....
    http://www.ninwiki.com/2013/04/27_Boston,_MA

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Anyone know of any audio from the show?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Anyone know of any audio from the show?
    I taped no worries !!!! although i missed about a minute due to thinking DIIV was coming on and it turned out to be HDTA so my recording starts with Trent finishing the wake up so I didn't miss much