Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'll be mixing audio! Looking forward to getting started! Very excited.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Fantastic. Happy I didn't watch a the videos and left some suprises. Thanks to my friend blackbookpress1984 for showing hospitality to an out of towner :-)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Show was UNREAL. I got dead center, railing, on the first floor level. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Put LITS lightshow to shame. The part where the stage looked like it was coming at the crowd was so cool. Also extremely cool that TOIOU was there filming. I was so curious when I noticed pro-cameras EVERYWHERE.

Oh and one last thing, whoever it was that was saving a spot on the front rail AND the first level railing on the floor at the same time, and chastised a couple of dudes for simply standing around in that area, then proceeded to yell "TRENT!!!" throughout the whole show, has some class and decency. That shit was rude and obnoxious.

Other than that, it was an incredible show and I had a blast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here is tonight's poster:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was amazed at how many idiots were yelling out ANYTHING during some of the quieter moments. like, is the first vocal break at the beginning of ice age really the best time to yell "fuck yes!!!" at the top of your lungs? no.

other than that (and the nearly blinding lights during the wake up) it was amazing. possibly one of the best live shows i've ever seen. mariqueen can really belt it out and it was so nice to see her giving an emotional performance (not that i doubted anything about her abilities previously). trent looked awesome with drumsticks in his hands. i love the way atticus & rob both move to the music. alessandro's backup vocals were gorgeous.

this was so much fun and, to be quite honest, more enjoyable (sonically and visually) than any of the times i've seen NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope we get a soundboard recording to go with the video taken, I'd like to hear the music not people screaming about TRENT REZNOR

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    this was so much fun and, to be quite honest, more enjoyable (sonically and visually) than any of the times i've seen NIN.
    I was genuinely thinking about this on the train ride back to my friend's apartment. It certainly equals any of the times I've seen NIN if not topping them. Between the visuals and the intimacy of the venue, it was just something I never felt at any of the times I saw NIN. And that's not at all a slight in any of the NIN shows I've seen, as they've all been fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Man, indeed. What a fantastic bloody show. Many thanks to jessamineny for hooking me up with a ticket after I missed the not-really-a-presale! So glad I was able to make this. The video that I've seen of the HTDA live show really doesn't do it justice - the feeling of visual depth when seeing it live is amazing (and, of course, those delicious delicious bass synths rumbling through your body).

That said, I am extremely eager to see what the TOIOU/RITC crew put out for this show. I was thrilled to see those obviously-pro cameras in the audience. Especially awesome that you had the band's official blessing for it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had an awesome time, shoutout to my bestie lady weetly. Had rail right in front of Rob, it was so cool. Amazing visuals, awesome sound, just overall awesome. I can't wait to see the video of it later! How cool that that got put together for our show

The only thing is that I actually had to put on sunglasses during the wake-up, the lights during that song physically hurt from where I was and considering the fact that I am a recluse and barely ever see lights that bright :P the sunglasses didn't even help, I had to cover my eyes pretty much lol.

btw this is probably my yearly ETS post so hello again everyone

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Whoa, that was completely out of nowhere. It'll be great to see the finished product in a few months.
    You should start following TOIOU and RITC on Facebook and Twitter

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Congrats to toiou/ritc, awesome news !

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If you've shot anything last night, please do come forward and email me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
    I will be collecting any extra footage and distributing it back to the other editors. I will need the full uncompressed data.
    Depending on your cameras, we may or may not end up using it, but right now, the more sources we can get, the better.

I believe this will be the closest to a "pro-shot" project any "fan-shot" project has ever gotten. The shoot was carefully planned so we don't have to deal with typical technical issues that usually arise from such fan sourced material.

I will be definitely be giving frequent updates as we go along.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Excited to hear about this project. While fan recorded audio is great, and I collect all of it, I really do hope that you guys get the soundboard audio from Rob, as it sounds like the video will be top notch.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    *kicks dirt* What kinda stupid merch stand is cash only these days? Hmmpf!
    Awesome show. Despite the kids in front of me experiencing the show through the screen of their cell phones, I had a pretty decent view even showing up hella late. Saw Hazekiah for a brief second, side stepping through the crowd in all his pig tailed and camera toting glory haha. Sorry I missed out on any pre-show group shot activities.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    TOIOU/RITC--You guys are fucking heroes. I saw pro cameras around but didn't put it together. THANK YOU!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, I've read a few people say the railing is better in terms of the seeing the performance, but then I've read others who figured the visuals could be fully observed from a few rows back.
    Is there a consensus about last night's show? Anyone who had the railing, could you still make out the visuals to an extent that really wowed you?
    Either way, I figure, it's great: you're near the band, or your sucked into the screen. But anyone have pros/cons they've experienced based on where they stood?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Well... What can I say? Just wow... Yesterday was a very stressful, but amazing day!!! We got a lot of fantastic footage and all the tapers/filmers did amazing jobs with the cameras. So a big thank you to Joe W, my brother, Robot32, Gladcarrot, Lowlight10, Tapeworm48, and Hazekiah. It was amazing to be able to see so many tapers at one show and be able to chat about the this great hobby that we love to do, and music in general! I honestly thought that was the best part of the day.

This almost didn't get done because the camera rental company we went through messed up our order by thinking we wanted these cameras for the 26th and not the 23rd. Which I definitely put in the numerous e-mails to them that I wanted them for Tuesday the 23rd.. So they had no cameras ready for us, and we got there early (11am) so that we had the gear to go over before entering the venue to get acquainted with them. At first I didn't think it would get done but they said they could source cameras for us. But they wouldn't be ready until 3:30-4... Rob Sheridan was going to let us in for the soundcheck to get setup which would start at 4:30. So after hearing that news we went down to the Vic to check out the venue to where we would place cameras. We talked with Vic Security and John, the production manager who were both very easy going and available to answer any questions. It was awesome.

After that, we went back to wait for all of the cameras. We FINALLY got all of the cameras at about 4:10 and we rushed from the south side of Chicago to the Vic. We did make it a little after 4:30 and all the tapers/filmers were there. We all walked in and Rob Sheridan came over and started giving us directions on what/how they wanted the show to be filmed. Not very strict, but just some general suggestions. First time meeting him and he was a very cool person. We then got all of the cameras setup which took about an hour to get all of that setup and we were ready just before the doors opened for the pre-sale fans.

We had 3 tripods assembled around the venue and then 4 that were roaming the crowd. So if any of us bumped into you, or pushed our way through to get some shots, I am very sorry! The shots are absolutely amazing. I am super proud on how everyone did and a big thanks to Robot32 for getting all of our cameras setup to the same preferences that would be easier for editing and handle the massive lights!

Got all of the footage (about 126GB) transferred after the show in about 45 minutes and we got all of the rented gear back to them by 11:30PM CST. A few stressful moments because they thought we lost a tripod mount and two SxS cards, but they just didn't look at where we placed them! After all of that, we finally started heading back to Michigan and arrived home at 5:45am EST. It was definitely a LONG day. But so WORTH it! I can't wait for everyone to see what we did.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO CLIVE (HIPPYGEEK) FOR SETTING UP THE RENTAL!
    Without him getting all the finances setup for this, it would not have been possible!

Oh, and PS... The show was NASTY!!! Had a great time watching the visuals when I didn't have my eyes in front of a camera LCD screen.

More to come.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks so much for inviting me to help out! Had a fucking GREAT time with everyone and the show was incredible, even if I wasn't able to fully experience it. Too bad I was running around elsewhere when you guys were talking with Sheridan, baaaah!

Cheers, and thanks again!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by la_mer_27 View Post
    So, I've read a few people say the railing is better in terms of the seeing the performance, but then I've read others who figured the visuals could be fully observed from a few rows back.
    Is there a consensus about last night's show? Anyone who had the railing, could you still make out the visuals to an extent that really wowed you?
    Either way, I figure, it's great: you're near the band, or your sucked into the screen. But anyone have pros/cons they've experienced based on where they stood?
    I was at the rail in front of Rob, and I was so very wowed by the visuals. You might get the full experience of the visuals better from a distance, but being at the rail doesn't diminish any of the optical illusions or just generally cool visual elements in my opinion. The only con I had related to this is something I already mentioned in a previous post, that the blinding bright white lights during the wake-up (the first song of the night) physically hurt my eyes and I not only had to wear sunglasses, but actually had to cover my eyes hahaha. The rest of the show was completely fine and not too bright though, just damn that first song lol. But I am so very glad I got rail for this, it was so fun and I loved being that close for it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The best was to summarize the atmosphere is to say it was like everyone's first concert. Spellbound by the visuals- it was like wearing 3d glasses. Lots of oohs and aaahs. Mariqueen was awesome, I'd see her solo, and trent was in top form.
    i had $52 and thanks to the guy behind me for giving me $3 so I could get the autographed poster and not wanting it back.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wrote a review for the show for my website. Feel free to check it out!

http://lostinreviews.com/2013/04/htda-chicago/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Who was the opening dj? Was in Dominick fernrow of vatican shadow and prurient?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A guy called Trancid!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    he also works at the metro, i think...but i can't remember. he works somewhere that i've seen him a lot in chicago.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was the guy mentioned earlier who yelled "fuck yes" during Ice Age. My apologies if I diminished your experience in the slightest. I did get a visible chuckle out of Trent later in the evening, so I think it's safe to say that there was at least one person in the building whose night wasn't ruined by my excitement.

And wow TOIOU folks. . . I had no idea that this would be going down, and I can't even being to tell you how grateful and excited I am for the work that you've put in and the work to come.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    I was the guy mentioned earlier who yelled "fuck yes" during Ice Age. My apologies if I diminished your experience in the slightest. I did get a visible chuckle out of Trent later in the evening, so I think it's safe to say that there was at least one person in the building whose night wasn't ruined by my excitement.
    don't get me wrong, i'm REALLY glad you enjoyed the show and yelled something positive...i just don't understand the compulsion that a good portion of the audience felt to yell so often during quiet moments...i feel like it messes with the energy the band is putting out and it throws off some people.

anyway, i have nothing against you. haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Show was UNREAL. I got dead center, railing, on the first floor level. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Put LITS lightshow to shame. The part where the stage looked like it was coming at the crowd was so cool. Also extremely cool that TOIOU was there filming. I was so curious when I noticed pro-cameras EVERYWHERE.

Oh and one last thing, whoever it was that was saving a spot on the front rail AND the first level railing on the floor at the same time, and chastised a couple of dudes for simply standing around in that area, then proceeded to yell "TRENT!!!" throughout the whole show, has some class and decency. That shit was rude and obnoxious.

Other than that, it was an incredible show and I had a blast!
    you are only half correct here. that was the girl standing behind me. not only did i have no voice for any kind of yelling, i also agree that it was rude and obnoxious.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Just want to throw out there that Tapeworm's recording from this night is now available for download. This will definitely be one of the best of the tour!

http://t.co/fkclOmWnJN

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    Just want to throw out there that Tapeworm's recording from this night is now available for download. This will definitely be one of the best of the tour!

http://t.co/fkclOmWnJN
    Unfortunately Track 18 on Tapeworm's recording keeps coming up corrupted for me. Anyone else having this problem?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I'm checking right now to see if there is a problem. Hang tight.

EDIT(x2): I am not sure why it's giving an error? I just played through it and it was fine. Actually, if you check the ffp text file it says everything is good.
    Last edited by ninlive; 04-26-2013 at 12:59 AM.