Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So... Did this show actually totally sell out on the day of the presale, then? I was a bit alarmed this morning when I pulled up the pages at 9:00 to get ready for the public sale and it was saying "Sold out," but I figured it was just a matter of them needing to open up the rest of the tickets. Now I'm wondering if they actually just went ahead and sold all of them on Wednesday. Would suck for me if so, alas!

Edit: 'course, I see that the actual band title at the Vic's site is "How To Destory Angels," so perhaps it's only some cheap knockoff band's show that's sold out. Oh, those destoried angels.

Edit edit: Well yeah, I'd been checking periodically throughout the day, in the hopes that perhaps they were actually going to open up sales at, like 11:00 or noon or something, but too bad! That'll teach me to be sick and sleep through the presales.
    Last edited by xolotl; 03-01-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    So... Did this show actually totally sell out on the day of the presale, then? I was a bit alarmed this morning when I pulled up the pages at 9:00 to get ready for the public sale and it was saying "Sold out," but I figured it was just a matter of them needing to open up the rest of the tickets. Now I'm wondering if they actually just went ahead and sold all of them on Wednesday. Would suck for me if so, alas!
    Unfortunately, that looks like the case, it is listed as sold out on the venue's page:

http://www.jamusa.com/Venues/Vic/Con...ConcertId=5288

EDIT: confirmed on twitter, all tickets were sold through the presale.
    Last edited by Moebius; 03-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What a bunch of horseshit.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Guess I shouldn't be TOO bummed I missed out on the limited edition gotyo name onit getcha ass in fidteen minnits early version of the tickets. Could be worse!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

got my ticket today~!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    What a bunch of horseshit.
    Man Chicago venues have a tendancy to do that it seems. I understand there's limited seating and the demand is incredibly high for a show like this but I remember the same thing happened when I was going to see NIN at Aragon Ballroom in 2009. I figured I would just wait and get the tickets right away when they went on public sale but all were sold out immediately. Looking back, I should've just done presale but oh well...spilt milk.

I won't be going to this show but look forward to hearing people's thoughts and reviews on it. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, anyone got an extra ticket?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Seconded. The Vic doesn't make it easy, but I can all but assure a bootleg in exchange, for what it's worth (on top of the ticket cost, of course).Didn't even know it was on sale yet.:-\

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Can someone refresh my memory, I can't seem to remember exactly if we got our ticket the day of the show or if they were mailed to us. I remember the lady coming down the line and taking our IDs and coming back with wrist bands, but I don't remember if she gave us our tickets too. Assuming that will be the exact same way that this show will be handled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I figured I would just wait and get the tickets right away when they went on public sale but all were sold out immediately. Looking back, I should've just done presale but oh well...spilt milk.
    Those tickets for the Aragon didn't run out in the presale. It said they were sold out but more tickets were on sale a few weeks after. I bought a pair for the first day then since I only got tickets for the second in the presale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone has any tickets please let me know! I missed out because of the whole "screwover." not to mention my birthday is the day before

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    It's my Bday today and my awesome wife surprised me with tickets to this show. Very excite! So is there a Gino's East pre-party? If I'm drivin' to Chi-town, I'm stuffing myself with that deliciousness...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have two extra general admission tickets for this show if anyone is interested. PM me if you are.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I know someone (not on ETS) with one extra face-value ticket to the show. The ticket is downloadable. PM me.

EDIT: SOLD
    Last edited by jessamineny; 04-16-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Totally gonna be there, excited as all fuck for this!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    there's a place around the block called Cheesie's that has (i'm told) AMAZING sandwiches, some of the best sweet potato fries (i've actually had those), and two or three kinds of root beer on tap with alcohol in it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I have 2 extra presale tickets for this show, I am unable to attend
    Face Value for whoever wants them, or I will trade both for 1 Lollapalooza Friday pass. PM me!

You can download the tickets and print them yourself or I can print them and ship them to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there's a place around the block called Cheesie's that has (i'm told) AMAZING sandwiches, some of the best sweet potato fries (i've actually had those), and two or three kinds of root beer on tap with alcohol in it.
    Cheesies is great! Try the mac & cheese sandwich if you can. Plus they're open really late! I was going to hit up Dimo's pizza after the show (on clark near addison) if anyone was interested because all of the local places will be packed. The Coachella stream has gotten me so excited for this show!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Didn't think I would have to, but I posted my tickets here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151031154281...84.m1555.l2649

Face value + fees

Last chance to get 2 presale tickets!

Edit:

Presale tickets get you early access before the general public.

If you really want these tickets, but don't want to pay, there are some nice signed posters in there that are limited to 40 each and cost $55. I will just give these tickets to whoever will buy and ship one to me in MN. $55 for 2 presale tickets? Now who can beat that
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 04-20-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    If you really want these tickets, but don't want to pay, there are some nice signed posters in there that are limited to 40 each and cost $55. I will just give these tickets to whoever will buy and ship one to me in MN. $55 for 2 presale tickets? Now who can beat that
    What's this about limited signed posters?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Each Non-Coachella show has limited posters signed by all five members of the band. If Poster #6 debuts in Chicago, would anyone please pick up an unsigned one for me?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Didn't think I would have to, but I posted my tickets here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151031154281...84.m1555.l2649

Face value + fees

Last chance to get 2 presale tickets!

Edit:

Presale tickets get you early access before the general public.

I am not sure they will let you transfer both tickets to someone else. They check for Name and ID when distributing the tickets at the door.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I am not sure they will let you transfer both tickets to someone else. They check for Name and ID when distributing the tickets at the door.
    Well there are no names on the ticket so how do you figure that works? Have bought and sold many tickets this way, never had a problem.

EDIT: That makes sense, Thanks for clarifying.
    \/\/\/
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 04-20-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well there are no names on the ticket so how do you figure that works? Have bought and sold many tickets this way, never had a problem.
    The howtodestroyangels.com member presale tickets are tied to your name and distributed immediately before entry. Sounds like you've got JamUSA presale tickets; as you can read above, they ended up selling the entire lot before the 'official' general sale date. All tickets are for this show are "presale tickets", but only the HTDA member tickets get you in early.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    some tix for around face on stubhub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    eTix has put on some more tickets here if you're interested in buying from the official source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got HTDA pre-sale tix - where is the best place to be in the Vic to properly view this show/visual spectacle?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Depends on how tall you are.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    If any of you are bringing a DSLR to the show, please get in contact!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm coming in from Detroit for this show and staying at City Suites Hotel which appears to pretty much be next door. Since I'm from out of town, what are some good bars and places to hang out nearby before and after the show? Also any record stores nearby?

i also hope I get in early enough for a signed poster/litho so badly.