Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Didn't think I would have to, but I posted my tickets here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=151032883699

Face value + fees

Last chance to get 2 presale tickets!
    I still have these tickets for sale. Willing to let both go for $80, that's below face value, just want to see them not get wasted. PM for details.

EDIT: scratch that idea, I'm in
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 04-23-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For those that have been to the VIC, how early does one have to arrive to get a decent spot? I have presale tickets but am debating arriving super early.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was planning on getting there around 4-4:30. Everyone's at other shows have been saying that you really only need to get there an hour to 90 minutes before doors, though. But I'm not taking any chances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I was planning on getting there around 4-4:30. Everyone's at other shows have been saying that you really only need to get there an hour to 90 minutes before doors, though. But I'm not taking any chances.
    My NIN tendencies make me want to do the same but I am only aiming for a front row balcony seat.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Since I'm from out of town, what are some good bars and places to hang out nearby before and after the show? Also any record stores nearby?
    You'll be in the heart of Lakeview, it's a MECCA of bars and restaurants.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...=Chicago%2C+IL

http://m.yelp.com/biz/reckless-records-chicago-3
    Last edited by allegro; 04-23-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    My NIN tendencies make me want to do the same but I am only aiming for a front row balcony seat.
    Yeah I'm ditching front row for a more centered position so I can get the full effect of the visuals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You'll be in the heart of Lakeview, it's a MECCA of bars and restaurants.

http://m.yelp.com/search?find_desc=l...=Chicago%2C+IL

http://m.yelp.com/biz/reckless-records-chicago-3
    There's Reckless (linked above), Gramaphone if you're into House or Electronic, and Groovin High is right down the street from the Vic (if the fucker ever opens it).

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to this show. I had to have one of my dogs put down today and could use some fun. I too plan to visit reckless, the xchange and perhaps a meal at Native. See you guys there...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'll probably be in line around 4 or 5, depending on when i get home from work. hopefully it won't be raining. my girlfriend is coming straight from work to meet me, and i have no idea what we're doing for dinner. the problem with getting take-out from cheesie's across the way is that they probably won't give me an alcoholic root beer to go...

anyway, i'll be wearing a button up shirt and a bow tie (which is how i dress when i'm not working) if anyone wants to say hello.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Reckless Records = HIGHLY recommended! Keep any eye out for Chris Connely if you drop in, btw. He's a manager there and SUPER friendly. And I wouldn't worry about finding booze to go...the House of 1,000 liquors is RIGHT across the street diagonally from The Vic! Speaking of which, I'll be the guy in pigtails running back & forth & drinking in line beforehand if anyone wants to chat over drinks while we wait. And hopefully smoking out (or else LOOKING to!) for that matter, lol. Just don't bug me or sing along atonally anywhere NEAR me if you spot while I'm filming the show, plz. Other than that let's see how many ets-ers we can get together for a quick snapshot so we can show those pansies at all the other shows how to REALLY do a group photo! But most importantly just go nuts & have blast, damnit! Hope to see you all there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My girlfriend and I will be there, hopefully we can run into some of you.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Ended up finding a last minute babysitter, leaving Minneapolis shortly. Going to meet up with blackbookpress1984. Hope to see everyone else there too!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Just got into town on Amtrak and had to transfer from the Red Line to the Brown anyway so I hopped downstairs for a minute to give everyone a sitrep. It's a lovely and very comfortable 63 degrees at 11 a.m. and the buses are here and loading in with 4 very pleasant fans already waiting in line for their presale tickets under an awesome scrolling lightboard marquee with a mock-up of the band's promo shot. Good deals on cheap booze at the Walgreens across the street, btw. Oh, and the Subway sandwich shop down Belmont just past the El is one of the few in the city with falafel. Also highly recommended & deliciously cheap, lol.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone know if people are going to be able to bring in DSLRs tonight, like at other shows?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tried asking but no one from the venue was available. They're usually assholes about it, though...HBO used to film stand-up here (Bill Hicks, w00t!), so they got spoiled by the big money and greedy for filming fees and stuff, I guess. But you never know! Still less than 10 people in line but it's rainy now, btw.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Running late, leaving now (3ish hour drive)! See you all there! I'll be rocking a FUCK YOUR CLIQUE shirt if anyone wants to say hi.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Just got into town on Amtrak and had to transfer from the Red Line to the Brown anyway so I hopped downstairs for a minute to give everyone a sitrep. It's a lovely and very comfortable 63 degrees at 11 a.m. and the buses are here and loading in with 4 very pleasant fans already waiting in line for their presale tickets under an awesome scrolling lightboard marquee with a mock-up of the band's promo shot. Good deals on cheap booze at the Walgreens across the street, btw. Oh, and the Subway sandwich shop down Belmont just past the El is one of the few in the city with falafel. Also highly recommended & deliciously cheap, lol.
    Every time I go to the Vic, I eat at Leona's (ever since Muskies closed down).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So how long is the line?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Getting ready to head to the venue now. I'm pretty much unintentionally covered in grey today. So if you see a skinny dude wearing nothing but grey, it's probably me. Really hoping to get a poster tonight!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I'm in line now. Not very many people in front of me. Signed poster remains a possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DIIV has cancelled their set tonight (their 2nd cancelled Chicago appearance in a row). Apparently they are adding a DJ in their place. Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yup

We are next door at City Suites Hotel! If anyone sees me ill be wearing a piratebay shirt! Please say Hi and if anyone has anything fun going on after the show please let me know!

i hope everyone has as much fun as I will!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My girlfriend and I are heading over there. I'm wearing skinny grey jeans and a red and black checkered hoodie. See you all soon!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    For the record, Ryan Jonik is awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    For the record, Ryan Jonik is awesome.
    Yeah, that guy is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Hole View Post
    DIIV has cancelled their set tonight (their 2nd cancelled Chicago appearance in a row). Apparently they are adding a DJ in their place. Ugh.
    You should rejoice, this is a blessing. Even if the DJ is just average (which it sounds like he is from what I'm hearing on Soundcloud) at least it's music that is somewhat relevant to HTDA. DIIV don't fit in at all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

TOIOU & RITC in the house tonight

So, since it's now on and everyone's in place, I think now's a good time to announce what we've been up to...

TOIOU is back up and running, with a full crew for editing and color coding live video, and is working with RITC to record tonight's show.

Rob Sheridan has very kindly worked with us to get us in with pro camera's to film tonight's HTDA show. We have 7 cameras filming tonight - 2 EX3's, 2 EX1's, a FS100 and 2 DSLRs, with possibly more angles coming from tapers that are arriving independently. We also have several mics in the crowd and will hopefully get something official from the band to make up a great audio track for the recording. Basically, we've emptied the TOIOU bank account to pay for the rental of these cameras so that we can get the best quality recording possible. I'm sure we'll work out how to get that cash back at some point, but the very point of the account is to have money set aside for projects such as this, so it's money well spent.

A big tip of the hat to Ryan @ RITC for stepping up and organizing the team in Chicago. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the team can produce. Ash512, Alex(shitfuckdamn) and at least one other person will be editing with a few other people stepping in in other technical roles (apologies for not naming, i don't remember half their screen names and don't want to use real names without permission).

I'm sure Ryan will update us all on how the night has gone later. 'til then...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    You peoples are fucking awesome!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Chi-CAHHHHHHHHHH-go!!!!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Whoa, that was completely out of nowhere. It'll be great to see the finished product in a few months.