Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013.04.17 - Monterey, CA @ The Golden State Theatre

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Same setlist as earlier shows with same encore.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Re: setlists, i talked to one of the projectionist about how the effects work, and some of them are programmed on time code, because of that im figuring it would be difficult to change the set on the fly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I confess, I thought this was going to be the weirdest goddamn venue when I got in — something about sitting for an entire concert is a wee foreign to me. That, and the fact that it felt as if there was barely anyone there when Diiv went on.

That said, the show ended up being rather amazing. I enjoyed the effect of having those huge-ass projectors' light beams streaming over me noggin, creating a kind of "ceiling of light" above the seats that was rather fun to behold. The only slightly odd thing was that the projectors, when cranked up, washed the small room with a ton of light — it would have been better, I think, if there was a way to get the same projector effects but have a darker stage / audience, which one likely gets in a larger venue (or at least, was my experience at the Pearl this past weekend).

The small stage also somewhat impeded the... panels'... ability to spin around quickly (more noticeable on songs like The Loop Closes). I was pleased with the relative restraint the audience had when it came to smartphones and/or standing (at least, where I was, which was about right in the center-middle of row G or so). Audience right was pretty standy — I'm glad I wasn't over there, as my 6'5" self would have pissed off about six rows' worth of people behind me, similar to the one uber-tall guy who felt that standing right in front of the first row for a song was the best course of action. Glad they tossed him out of there.

( http://instagram.com/p/YO-cX8N0gy/ )

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So regarding the signed posters, has it been the same at each show so far? 40 signed, and 60 unsigned? Or has it been varying?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @richardp The only night that they posted the numbers of signed/unsigned posters was the first show in Pomona. There are definitely a limited number of each but having a limit of one poster per person definitely helped them last a bit longer last night than in Vegas or Pomona.

If you're interested in a poster and are going to a show, I'd suggest getting there early and sidewalk camping for 90 minutes or so to insure you get in and can get a poster before they run out. The first items to sell out will always be the signed posters at each show.

I'm hoping to acquire Poster #4 tonight in San Francisco but there will forever be a hole where Posters #5 and #6 should be... Can't do any more dates this tour!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Awesome, thanks for the info! I was already planning on getting in line at least a couple of hours before doors in Chicago so I should be safe! Love that they implemented a one per person thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Love that they implemented a one per person thing.
    Seriously. Especially since there's one on eBay right now for the low, low price of $799. Lordy.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Oh jeez.... Also glad they gave it to you in a tube. IT SEEMS SO OBVIOUS! I've spent too many shows guarding a fragile but awesome poster with total vigilance. When I saw those posters it put my mind at ease.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    do they give you a tube or should i bring one also is it only signed by Trent ? thats kind of odd I figured it would be signed by the whole band.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @ScreamingSlave if you get a signed poster it comes with a tube and is signed by all five band members.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @ScreamingSlave if you get a signed poster it comes with a tube and is signed by all five band members.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Excellent Thanks !!!!! I got in on the presale so ill get in early probably get the poster first thing

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    How have the pre sale entries been anyone go in early etc?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    HTDA presale holders get first entry, first crack at merch and seats/space if GA every night. They make sure all of those folks are in before letting others in.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I just finished listening to my recording of the Monterey show and I must say, its pretty "meh." I had a group of four people move down to the row in front of me and you can hear them talk all throughout the 2nd half of the show. We had upper tier seats, 2nd row, on Rob's side of the stage so the speaker racks were kinda distant and the recording suffered from this factor. Either way, I will still release it once I finally get the tracks edited and tagged.....

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    *pssst* The Monterey show has seen the light of day......

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    On behalf of TOIOU/RITC for our HTDA live video : If you shot anything at the concert you'd like to share with us, please email me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
    We are most specifically looking for higher quality footage (1080p minimum, shot with DSLRs or pro cameras), closeups if possible, to help us cover for angles we may have missed in Chicago. I think we'll refrain from using iPhone footage but you can still let us know if you shot anything. It's sometimes hard to tell what you shot your YouTube videos with so I'll just let you contact me.

We would need you to be able to upload the whole original, uncompressed data to your own DropBox account (or any hosting site for that matter) and then send me a link with your full contact info (name, address, email, telephone).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project. If you haven't sent in your footage yet, please contact me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
    You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send me a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.
    Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    for whoever cares it looks like this was the one of the last big shows at this theater before it was shut down and it's owners evicted. Sad stuff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    for whoever cares it looks like this was the one of the last big shows at this theater before it was shut down and it's owners evicted. Sad stuff.
    Damn, I was really excited for its future as it was a great show, and location. I have many memories of that place, back in the day, when it was merely a movie theater. As a local, definitely sad news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This post is very late, but I was at this show and as "meh" as you feel your recording was, NotoriousTIMP, I'm happy to have audio from a show I attended, so thank you for capturing it! We tend not to get acts like this (or many at all) around the area, so I was happily confused when they scheduled this one because I would have expected them to just stick with the SF show. I'd liked HTDA enough before the show to want to see them, but their live show made me appreciate them and Welcome oblivion so much more. Definitely cool to be part of a short run of shows, and such a highlight of the shows I've been to this year.