Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.12 - Indio, CA @ Coachella

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the loop closes sounds so fucking awesome

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yes, filefactory is stupid. But ive had that account for years and i dint want to deal with opening a dropbox rite now because i was in a hurry to leave my apartment, and i just wanted to share my finds with ETS ASAP.

Because im sure I wasnt the only one who felt teased by the 4.10 shows audio that is on dime and RITC.

Anyways, I used Switchsound to convert flacs to the 320k mp3, since its not lossless to beginwith. When i get home, ill open a dropbox and get the files on that, for those of us who want unmastered audio. Ill put the flacs up too, incase your like me and prefer those to mp3s anyways.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Heres hoping for a a 1080p rip soon.

Blu ray art. @Ax Mr. L did the front part, it is the cd cover he did up converted and i did the spine and back enjoy.
    http://postimg.org/image/idulky3c5/

Last edited by Reznor2112; 04-13-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Heres hoping for a a 1080p rip soon.

Blu ray art. @Ax Mr. L did the front part, it is the cd cover he did up converted and i did the spine and back enjoy.
    http://postimg.org/image/idulky3c5/

Edit the back cover to

"The Wake-Up" (hyphen)
    "How Long?" (question mark)
    "Between The Spaces" (name of The Space In Between remix)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    If anyone need hosting for a video rip just PM me. I always have spare bandwidth for these types of things

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    edit: I remember TR playing bass during the Beautiful People MSG 2001, has there been any other times hes played something besides guitar live? (not including keys, obviously. or the various instruments during the Ghosts tracks on LITS)
    He also played bass guitar on Piggy remix at Dissonance tour and on JLYI and The Mark Has Been Made at Fragility 2.0 (though he left both Piggy remix and JLYI to Justin at Wave Goodbye shows), Reptile at studio performance with Peter Murphy in 2006 and Saul's African Student Movement in 2005. Plus of course saxophone on Subterraneans
    Last edited by fillow; 04-14-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Edit the back cover to

"Between The Spaces" (name of The Space In Between remix)
    When did this happen?

Ill make the changes and post when done!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    When did this happen?

Ill make the changes and post when done!
    It's Alessandro's remix that was never released. Mariqueen linked a snippet of it on twitter the other day.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    It's Alessandro's remix that was never released. Mariqueen linked a snippet of it on twitter the other day.
    I knew it was his remix, just didnt know the name changed.

Updated Artwork and Blu ray disc cover.
    http://postimg.org/image/ylls6cvr1/
    http://postimg.org/image/3soh21ry5/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've got a place to store the file; I just need to finish stringing it together. I had to do some lossless file conversion fun to get it into a format that I could string together. It will be another 6 hours since I also need to watch it once I've strung it together. This was my first experience trying to edit video on linux so there's been a bit of a learning curve.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

2013.04.12 - Indio, CA @ Coachella

Someone had a camera on a pole?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    I've got a place to store the file; I just need to finish stringing it together. I had to do some lossless file conversion fun to get it into a format that I could string together. It will be another 6 hours since I also need to watch it once I've strung it together. This was my first experience trying to edit video on linux so there's been a bit of a learning curve.
    I still haven't watched ANY live clips yet...another six hours won't kill me

Thanks again for all the effort you (and everyone else) are putting in to help capture and spread the audio/video rips!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    For being such a dick his photo's were pretty shit.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    so this is crazy, but i'm having a super hard time getting my brain to hear The Believers correctly. I've listened a bunch of times and compared to ep version. I know how the beat is supposed to go, but I can't stop hearing it shifted a half beat off so it sounds like the vox are out of time. Don't know if it's the new synth rhythms or the fact that the snare hit (which i know is supposed to be between beats 2 and 3, 4 and 1) is more pronounced or something. i have to seriously concentrate to hear the rhythm right.

anybody else? probably not. maybe I'm nuts.
    I gave it a listen, and it seems like certain parts of the drum rhythm aren't quite as prevalent as in the album version, so it becomes really hard to pick out the downbeats. I managed it by focusing entirely on the vocals, and then the rest of the music seemed to shift into place. It was weird, though, having to actually try to hear it properly instead of just listening to it.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Now we get some answers... I guess it's not a perfect capture, but will be recompressed right ?
    Last edited by ninjaw; 04-14-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    No reason for flac ? i give you one : massive double lossy compression.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I packed 2 subtitles and three versions of a chapter file to convert the TS file from RITC to MKV or something else
    htda2013-04-12.pro.webcast.0.720p.SubsAndChapters.zip
    This won't touch quality at all, but will produce a far more friendly file.

Quick instructions:
    -Download and launch freeware MKVmergeGUI from MKVtoolnix
    -Drag and drop subtitles and ts files in the source files aera
    -Add language option and/or forced on subtitles if needed
    -Chapters don't go on this tab or even in the chapter menu or chapter editor tab, don't go there
    -Open Global tab, go down to chapter file and pick any of the 3 chapter files provided
    -Start to mux !

Same thing is available for the closure downloadable on vimeo : Closure_chapters_and_subs.zip

Here's sources :
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><chapterInfo xml:lang="eng" version="3" xmlns="http://jvance.com/2008/ChapterGrabber">
      <title>How to destroy angels - Live Coachella 2013</title>
      <source>
        <name></name>
        <hash></hash>
        <fps>30</fps>
        <duration>00:00:00</duration>
      </source>
      <chapters>
        <chapter time="00:00:00" name="the wake-up" />
        <chapter time="00:01:55" name="keep it together" />
        <chapter time="00:06:19" name="parasite" />
        <chapter time="00:11:26" name="and the sky began to scream" />
        <chapter time="00:15:47" name="ice age" />
        <chapter time="00:22:30" name="the believers" />
        <chapter time="00:29:02" name="how long?" />
        <chapter time="00:33:06" name="welcome oblivion" />
        <chapter time="00:36:40" name="bbb" />
        <chapter time="00:40:36" name="between the spaces" />
        <chapter time="00:44:38" name="fur-lined" />
        <chapter time="00:48:47" name="the loop closes" />
        <chapter time="00:53:38" name="a drowning" />
      </chapters>
    </chapterInfo>
    Code:
    00:53:08,123 --> 00:53:08,637
    Thank you.

00:53:09,645 --> 00:53:11,179
    Thank you so much.

00:53:25,801 --> 00:53:29,684
    We had a great time,
    playing for you guys.

00:53:30,275 --> 00:53:33,083
    I hope you had
    as much fun as we had.

00:53:33,558 --> 00:53:36,577
    We've got one more for you.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so this is crazy, but i'm having a super hard time getting my brain to hear The Believers correctly. I've listened a bunch of times and compared to ep version. I know how the beat is supposed to go, but I can't stop hearing it shifted a half beat off so it sounds like the vox are out of time. Don't know if it's the new synth rhythms or the fact that the snare hit (which i know is supposed to be between beats 2 and 3, 4 and 1) is more pronounced or something. i have to seriously concentrate to hear the rhythm right.

Totally. I believe (sorry) it's the drum rhythm. The snare isn't exactly in the middle of a bar, but one (8th of a) tempo later. So when you hear three kick drums, pause, kick, snare, kick, the down-beat isn't on the second kick and the snare, but on the first kick and the fourth kick instead. Live, the snare is clearly a lot more different from the kick than on the EP, hence the catching off-guard.
    I've also heard the "shifted" version yesterday once, it was kind of weirdly awesome, but once the synths start going, it's difficult to keep it that way in one's brain.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sorry guys. I thought that I could string the files together and there are clear audio and video artifacts at the boundaries. I tried MP4Box, which had issues with the VBR audio rates, avidemux, and using ffmpeg to concatenate the files. I've got no idea if professional software would work better with these mp4 files... if someone has time and experience with video editing, PM me and I'll link you to a sample of the 737 original files.

I'm currently uploading the 1080p stream which I'll pass along to RITC. It's good with the exception of a stutter at 47:15 and 47:26 when played with VLC, though the behavior of the artifact depended upon which version of VLC I was running.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Exact same thing here. I even started posting a new message in this very thread but ended up giving because my english is not solid enough to explain it like you did.

Trent really needs to shout out : "3, 4!" right before the beat kicks in. I hope this doesn't happen when I see them because The Believers is my favorite track and I want to enjoy it. Maybe with very loud kick hits it won't happen.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Following up on that : https://twitter.com/ash512/status/323466481507635201
    We'll see if they notice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I thought the set was OK. Some songs definitely translated well live . MY big problem was with the timing being off on allot of songs and also mariqueens vocals definitely were not as solid as when they were on the EP and Album.

The opening track i cringed when i heard her first sing the ah ah part was horribly off.

Big compliments to the visuals and lighting very well done although I don't know if you want to hide the band through the whole performance thats a bit overkill.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Re: Q's voice... I think it's even better than on the record, it's awesome. I love the fact they're shying away from putting too much effect on it, it brings it out much clearer than on the record.

edit: however, the audio was a bit rougher in Coachella, I'm guessing it has to do with the festival environment. it could be the reason for the off-keyness at points. she kills it in Welcome Oblivion though. god damn.
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 04-14-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post

The opening track i cringed when i heard her first sing the ah ah part was horribly off.
    I'm guessing that was nerves. I was super-impressed by the Pomona performance (not that Coachella wasn't good) -- especially "Ice Age." Holy crap.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm currently uploading the 1080p stream which I'll pass along to RITC. It's good with the exception of a stutter at 47:15 and 47:26 when played with VLC, though the behavior of the artifact depended upon which version of VLC I was running.
    Will you let us know when this is up and the location? Many thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There is a 1080p version up on $0.10 a 12.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecirb View Post
    There is a 1080p version up on $0.10 a 12.
    sorry, where? :-)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    uǝzop ɐ = 21
    ǝɯıp = 01˙0$