Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.10 - Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile Teeth View Post
    Also, I don't mind "woos" and "fuck yeahs" but I found the "I love you Trents" to be a bit disrespectful.
    Highly disrespectful.

People ruined a lot of this show. Like, every time Trent did something, all I could hear was girls screaming.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Ice Age, the new Hurt where douchebags yell shit in the silent parts.
    Greeeeeeat...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have to say that having watched the video, Ice Age is definitley a lot better live than just listening to a studio recording. Too bad we aren't getting a live album of this tour...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I apologize if this is a repeat, I haven't had a chance to catch up on the entire thread yet.

Arrived about 5pm, had to beat traffic out of San Diego, and ended up being fourth in line for the pre-sale line. It went fairly smooth, other than the TM will call people that were trying to trick security to letting them in with/before us, but thankfully the people controlling the pre-sale set them straight.

There were only 100 show posters, apparently there will be 6 rotating designs during the course of the tour. 40 were signed and $55 as reported above, with the remaining 60 being unsigned and costing $25.

Got a place dead center on the rail. DIIV went on at 9pm, and I really enjoyed it. I did not enjoy the idiot to my right that kept telling his two friends how terrible he thought DIIV was after each song.

HTDA took the stage at 10pm. The white lights during TWU were so intense that my eyes were watering, it was staring into a supernova. I recommend polarized shades for that song. Mariqueen was definitely tearing up when she sang Ice Age, my friend agreed with me. Rob looked a little stiff throughout the show, probably just first show jitters/anxiety. Hopefully he loosens up a bit and enjoys himself more as the tour goes on. Annoying girls screaming out "Trent Reznor" and "I love you Trent" were the worst part of the show.

Did any one else notice the guy by the soundbooth that looked like Robin? Or am I mistaken?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    Got a place dead center on the rail. DIIV went on at 9pm, and I really enjoyed it. I did not enjoy the idiot to my right that kept telling his two friends how terrible he thought DIIV was after each song.
    I'm aiming for rail for my show, but after seeing the images and videos, I'm wondering if I should stand in the back. Did being up close take away from the visuals? Or was it still pretty awesome?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I'm aiming for rail for my show, but after seeing the images and videos, I'm wondering if I should stand in the back. Did being up close take away from the visuals? Or was it still pretty awesome?
    I was front and center (friend of the guy who hated on DIIV the entire time they were up there, LOL) and it was cool but after seeing videos from further away, the visuals are much better if you stand back a little bit. If I go again I would try and be further back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Heres where they start showing what the stage can do.

And The Sky Began to Scream

That was good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
    That was good.
    Let me tell you bro, when the lead synth came in after the added bass, it knocked me on my ass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post

The bass was balanced. I didn't notice it much.
    Really? I somehow expected Trent to turn the bass so high that you almost shit yourself.

Also, were people dancing or just standing around?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    5 p.m. and fourth in line? Lordy be. For that other band, I'd swear you typed 5 AM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Really? I somehow expected Trent to turn the bass so high that you almost shit yourself.

Also, were people dancing or just standing around?
    standing around, head bobbing. Not enough room where I was but I was head bobbing as hard as possible without looking like a singular head bobbing fool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile Teeth View Post
    standing around, head bobbing.
    how fucking lame. I want to dance just from looking at the videos, especially loop closes has an awesome beat.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm liking Trent's voice on And The Sky Began To Scream, it's not as NIN as I was expecting. Def. carving their own sound out.

And huge props to @suprefan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    how fucking lame. I want to dance just from looking at the videos, especially loop closes has an awesome beat.
    I did man. I danced as hard as I could for the little space.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    5 p.m. and fourth in line? Lordy be. For that other band, I'd swear you typed 5 AM

4th in line for presale, not the non presaale line. Plenty of people who didnt get presale will line up early so they can be first after presale people are let in.

A Drowning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A short clip of We Fade Away.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    How was security with cameras etc? could i bring my new dslr were they hassling anyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    How was security with cameras etc? could i bring my new dslr were they hassling anyone.
    Why would you want to do that when you can enjoy the show and dance instead?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was there any point in the show where the band members (namely Mariqueen & Trent I guess) spoke to the crowd? Or was it just a "come on stage, look and sound badass, leave" type thing?
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 04-11-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'd like to know this as well.

Also, the more I think about it, with the way HTDA presents itself, it almost seems like you get more value from the concert by actually being further back. They are all hidden behind the screens anyway, so the focus is to actually enjoy the visuals with the music, while the band just does their thing in the background.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Was there any point in the show where the band members (namely Mariqueen & Trent I guess) spoke to the crowd? Or was it just a "come on stage, look and sound badass, leave" type thing?
    Mariqueen spoke briefly before A Drowning, the last song before the encore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    Yeah at one point Mariqueen said that it was their first show and that they were enjoying playing for the amazing crowd. Something like that...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mariqueen said something about it being their first show, gave a shout out to DIIV, and said goodnight at the end. No one else spoke.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    You wont get it in. Only slr's were the people who were there with the media, and some crew people, thats it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I enjoyed being on the rail and after viewing the videos on youtube, I really don't feel that I missed any of the visuals. Besides, seeing Mariqueen shiver and tear up during Ice Age was an experience that the people in the back watching the visuals couldn't capture.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Only bad part about Rob being in the band is that it means we won't get videos from him...

Also, I wasn't a fan of the album, but the performance looked rather awesome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    On The Wing

Brooklyn Vegan posted their review and great photos form last night

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...destroy_5.html
    Last edited by suprefan; 04-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great show.
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=446401
    Torrent up of the audio (not my recording).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    I enjoyed being on the rail and after viewing the videos on youtube, I really don't feel that I missed any of the visuals. Besides, seeing Mariqueen shiver and tear up during Ice Age was an experience that the people in the back watching the visuals couldn't capture.
    Gah, I'm torn! I should have gone to two shows.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Strings and Attractors