Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 202

Thread: 2013.04.10 - Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    in my pirogue
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Highly disrespectful.

    People ruined a lot of this show. Like, every time Trent did something, all I could hear was girls screaming.
    I had an equal opportunity screamer near me... also got a few "I love you Mariqueen" and "I love you Atticus". I cringed during the first song when the screaming started once they figured out which shadowy figure on stage was TR, but the section near me shut up pretty much after that.

    I was really impressed by the stage and the scrim like things on to which they were projecting the visuals... they looked like clear plastic rods hanging in layers; they could both move them across the stage and rotate them which would change the visuals projected on them (and the projectors were massive 2x2x5 boxes).

    Also, if you were there by 4:30pm or so, even the non-presale line was like 10-15 people (went by them on my way to the presale line).

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    On The Wing

    I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but THANKS. Really looking forward to the show in NY now. I was more "meh" before seeing these

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,680
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile Teeth View Post
    No, security was pretty lax at the fox theatre. People were smoking weed/cigarettes also and they dgaf.
    Well that's an improvement. Last time I was at the Fox theater the security were psychotic assholes.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    I had an equal opportunity screamer near me... also got a few "I love you Mariqueen" and "I love you Atticus". I cringed during the first song when the screaming started once they figured out which shadowy figure on stage was TR, but the section near me shut up pretty much after that.
    I had my friend's girlfriend scream "I love you Rob" since he wasn't getting much love from the crowd, felt bad leaving him out.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    I had my friend's girlfriend scream "I love you Rob" since he wasn't getting much love from the crowd, felt bad leaving him out.
    Well Trent and Mariqueen are the main focus during the show. It makes sense. I wanted to scream out to Alessandro during the "The Space In Between" remix, but I had to contain myself. LOL why are we not allowed to have fun at a concert anymore?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    802
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile Teeth View Post
    Well Trent and Mariqueen are the main focus during the show. It makes sense. I wanted to scream out to Alessandro during the "The Space In Between" remix, but I had to contain myself. LOL why are we not allowed to have fun at a concert anymore?
    I think it's ok in between songs, but I don't think it's nice during songs.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,105
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Everyone should be screaming for Atticus though

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I think it's ok in between songs, but I don't think it's nice during songs.
    Meh, I mean when my band plays I like to hear reactions during the music. It helps pump you up.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    in my pirogue
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile Teeth View Post
    LOL why are we not allowed to have fun at a concert anymore?
    I'm all for having fun during concerts... and the screamer near me didn't really bother me once I determined that she was an equal opportunity screamer. It was more background noise than anything else... not like that time that I ended up next to 2-3 die hard Radiohead fans at a NIN LITS concert who proceeded to bitch that NIN < Radiohead for 95% of the show. They only shut their mouths during In This Twilight. I only have a problem when the behavior of the people around me is massively disrespectful and/or obnoxious. The crowd on the whole was nice.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last one

    We Fade Away


  11. #161
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,871
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    ...Why are there people screaming every time TR has a solo vocal part? Rude, tbh.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Fun" at a concert doesn't mesh with the horrible girl next to us screaming, "OPEN THE SCREEN" during the first three songs AS IF IT WAS A FUCKING CURTAIN THEY FORGOT TO OPEN AND NOT THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING VISUAL CONCERT.

    Her later screams (including screams every time Trent sang) were, "TREEENT YOU'RE PERFECT! TREEEEEEEENT! PEEEEEERFECT!" and "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY TERRIBLE LIE."

    My girlfriend wanted to stab her. I kinda wish she had.

    Everyone else seemed to be having fun without ruining anyone else's fun, but hey, to each their own, I guess.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,066
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    2013.04.10 - Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater

    I would have told her to stfu

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I would have told her to stfu
    Everyone tried. I don't think she heard us. She was on a different plane of existence brought on by (Tr)e(nt)cstacy, I guess. By the time the encore came around and she was still going the "shut ups" turned to one guy behind me yelling, "KILL YOURSELF." Still didn't work, ha.

    Best part? She was wearing an XXXL bootleg TDS shirt. You wouldn't even shell out for the official fucking shirt, lady!

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Niskayuna, New York
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Everyone tried. I don't think she heard us. She was on a different plane of existence brought on by (Tr)e(nt)cstacy, I guess. By the time the encore came around and she was still going the "shut ups" turned to one guy behind me yelling, "KILL YOURSELF." Still didn't work, ha.

    Best part? She was wearing an XXXL bootleg TDS shirt. You wouldn't even shell out for the official fucking shirt, lady!
    Someone should have punched her in the gunt. . .

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,871
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY TERRIBLE LIE."
    I am actually crying with laughter.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Actually, from where I was, there was some drunk lady talking the whole time. It got worse as the show went on. Her boyfriend didnt seem happy about it either.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Her later screams (including screams every time Trent sang) were, "TREEENT YOU'RE PERFECT! TREEEEEEEENT! PEEEEEERFECT!" and "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY TERRIBLE LIE."

    My girlfriend wanted to stab her. I kinda wish she had.

    Everyone else seemed to be having fun without ruining anyone else's fun, but hey, to each their own, I guess.
    OMG, I hope Trent won't begin to hate that song because of that stupid biatch.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,217
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I am actually crying with laughter.
    Really? I'm normally great with laughing at stupidity, but I can't find any humor here. Honestly, it's people like this woman who actually make me feel okay about not getting to see HTDA this year. I'd love to see them, but this is not only rude and disrespectful to the artist, but annoying to everyone else who paid to go see them. IT'S NOT FUCKING NINE INCH NAILS. If you want to hear Terrible Lie so badly, go buy a plane ticket to Chicago. Otherwise, if you really have to scream all night long, at least scream for a song from the band you paid to see.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    283
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    My girlfriend wanted to stab her. I kinda wish she had.
    Also don't forget:

    "I LOVE YOU TRENT! WHERE IS TRENT GOING?! TRENT SHOULD SING! SING SOMETHING TRENT, LIKE TERRIBLE LIE! SHAKE THAT ASS TRENT!! TRENT YOU HAVE A FINE ASS! "

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,720
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Now you guys know why I don't go to concerts. I'm sure I'd be arrested for assault.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,829
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Also don't forget:

    "I LOVE YOU TRENT! WHERE IS TRENT GOING?! TRENT SHOULD SING! SING SOMETHING TRENT, LIKE TERRIBLE LIE! SHAKE THAT ASS TRENT!! TRENT YOU HAVE A FINE ASS! "
    GentleRed was at the show?

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    --> Well the only song/video missing is The Believers...

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great videos suprefan, excited to see them on the Cochella stream.

    All of the posts about bad concertgoers remind me of the only NIN show I went to where some drunk woman spilled her beer all over my sister. Fun times.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Man, watching last night's footage is making me regret passing on the Chicago show.

    edit: Shaddap Tony!

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Also don't forget:

    "I LOVE YOU TRENT! WHERE IS TRENT GOING?! TRENT SHOULD SING! SING SOMETHING TRENT, LIKE TERRIBLE LIE! SHAKE THAT ASS TRENT!! TRENT YOU HAVE A FINE ASS! "
    Yeah she was fucking out of control.

    The show was like, cool, I get to hear this part of the song now - oh wait no I get to hear bitches screaming about TRENT REZNOR now, nevermind.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    "Fun" at a concert doesn't mesh with the horrible girl next to us screaming, "OPEN THE SCREEN" during the first three songs AS IF IT WAS A FUCKING CURTAIN THEY FORGOT TO OPEN AND NOT THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING VISUAL CONCERT.

    Her later screams (including screams every time Trent sang) were, "TREEENT YOU'RE PERFECT! TREEEEEEEENT! PEEEEEERFECT!" and "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY TERRIBLE LIE."

    My girlfriend wanted to stab her. I kinda wish she had.
    Ah, makes me yearn for the days when people would set idiots on fire (literally), as was done during a 2005 NIN show in Davis, CA that I attended.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,680
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    aaaaaand, I'll just say that setting people on fire is a completely crazy response to almost anything

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,026
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Ah, makes me yearn for the days when people would set idiots on fire (literally), as was done during a 2005 NIN show in Davis, CA that I attended.
    Yeah I'm sure Trent wants you to fucking set people on fire.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Always funny when irony is lost on fools.

Posting Permissions