Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

How to destroy angels: live 2013

Might as well start a new thread. This seems to be the tour name based on http://tour.destroyangels.com

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DATE CITY VENUE
    04.12.2013 Indio, CA Coachella
    04.13.2013 Las Vegas, NV Pearl Theatre
    04.17.2013 Monterey, CA The Golden State Theatre
    04.18.2013 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
    04.19.2013 Indio, CA Coachella
    04.21.2013 Denver, CO Paramount Theater
    04.23.2013 Chicago, IL Vic Theatre
    04.25.2013 Toronto, ON Sound Academy
    04.27.2013 Boston, MA House of Blues
    04.28.2013 Montclair, NJ Wellmont Theatre
    04.29.2013 New York, NY The Apollo Theater

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Showtime at the Apollo to close the tour, pretty unreal

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    As i mentioned in other thread, the golden state theater has been a client in the past, so theres a minor oppurtunity for me to film that performance. The owner really likes to shoot the events. Either way im super stoked. That place is quite tiny and has great acoustics. Downtown monterey is so small i coupd imagine traffoc being derailed just for the lines that form naturally at trent shows.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Seeing as Coachella is streamed live on Youtube, live recordings of this tour are guaranteed - though does anyone know a good way to rip the live youtube streams? I don't want to rely on Coachella's "best of" not including HTDA.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Alright, anyone who's ever been to The Vic in Chicago. How does that place work? Is it like The Aragon where it's all GA including the Balcony or do shows typically have Reserved Balcony seating and GA Floor?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like I will be heading to Boston. Wooooo!!!

As for modlife handling their presale ticketing, I am not a huge fanof theirs. I am hoping that they will be able to handle the traffic.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Bahahahahaha

"Yes, if a band doesn't play in your town, it's because the band members personally made that choice based on their deep hatred of said town." - Rob
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...83745057837057

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Also, I'm definitely aiming for Boston (my office is right around the corner from HoB), and maybe the Wellmont and Apollo shows as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    do we have any idea what time presales start on wednesday?
    Last edited by Porkins; 02-21-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: accidentally some words

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The Apollo??!!

*insert obligatory "Harlem Shake" video*

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capncarver View Post
    do we have any idea what time presales start on wednesday?
    I would assume the typical 10am or Noon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't wait for sf!

I know the odds are small, but I'm hoping for gig posters from a variety of artists instead of just Rob (or frankly, not Rob at all).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    damn, I guess I'll be skipping class that morning then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Getting pre-sale tickets for any Trent related thing always stresses me the fuck out. Trying to get tickets to Waves Goodbye was terrible...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Alright, anyone who's ever been to The Vic in Chicago. How does that place work? Is it like The Aragon where it's all GA including the Balcony or do shows typically have Reserved Balcony seating and GA Floor?
    The main balcony is normally general admission, but it is pretty cramped/steep and has seats. I’m not sure about the side little balconies. On the plus side the acoustics are not too bad there. In my opinion it is a much better experience than the Aragon, but it is 1/4 the size too.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    The main balcony is normally general admission, but it is pretty cramped/steep and has seats. I’m not sure about the side little balconies. On the plus side the acoustics are not too bad there. In my opinion it is a much better experience than the Aragon, but it is 1/4 the size too.
    The fact that it's so small really excites me. Really really hoping that I am able to score tickets to this.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Thisll be nice for the wife too... she never got to see nin. Currently fishing to see if theres a video element to this performance. Everybody wins if thats the case...

Its really nice this is coming to monterey... i was begining to think i wasnt going to see them on this round. Kind of odd to think of trent in a seat only venue but... any of you guys heading out here?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The fact that it's so small really excites me. Really really hoping that I am able to score tickets to this.
    Yeah my first concert in Chicago was at the Vic Theater, it was Jonsi in 2010 and there isn't a bad spot to see the band in the whole venue in my opinion. The stage is elevated enough that people on the floor all the way in the back can see what's going on and the venue is small enough that those in the balcony feel close enough. It's almost hard to explain.

I may not be fully behind this project but the idea of seeing Trent Reznor live again in such an intimate venue is really exciting as well. May have to look into this for next week when they go on sale....

....though I'm even more interested in all these cryptic possible hints at NIN live again as well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hmm. chicago the day after birthday, might have to treat myself, assuming i can get tickets. But damn, Im trying to save money for the impending Skinny Puppy tour. Choice choices....
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-21-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen a show at the Sound Academy (Toronto)? I have read quite a few bad reviews. This will be the only show I can make it to so I will be going regardless. Hopefully someone will have something good to say about the place. I haven't been able to find the capacity of the place either?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Pre Sale is gonna be ugly...I can feel it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Has anyone seen a show at the Sound Academy (Toronto)? I have read quite a few bad reviews. This will be the only show I can make it to so I will be going regardless. Hopefully someone will have something good to say about the place. I haven't been able to find the capacity of the place either?
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's an ugly venue. I'm actually very disappointed that this was the venue chosen for TOR, but I won't complain too much as there are a bunch of factors that go into these decisions.

The SA now generally employs a two tier ticket system (GA/VIP). VIP allows you to the upper balcony where it is easier to get drinks and has actual sloped seating. Either way, it won't stop the general terrible acoustics of the SA.

Here's hoping HTDA's team can figure out a way to deliver the best sound I've heard out of the SA ever.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well, I'll just have to hope against hope to get in on the general public sale. Can't do the presale, because I may very well be on tour with someone else by the end of April. Wouldn't want to buy a ticket I can't use. Poo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but it's an ugly venue. I'm actually very disappointed that this was the venue chosen for TOR, but I won't complain too much as there are a bunch of factors that go into these decisions.

The SA now generally employs a two tier ticket system (GA/VIP). VIP allows you to the upper balcony where it is easier to get drinks and has actual sloped seating. Either way, it won't stop the general terrible acoustics of the SA.

Here's hoping HTDA's team can figure out a way to deliver the best sound I've heard out of the SA ever.
    Thanks for the info. It won't keep me from making the 4 hour trip from Michigan since I have faith TR can still pull off a great show. The NIN crew did manage to make the Aargon ballroom in Chicago sound good.

Question about the balcony: If I purchased the VIP tickets, it sounds like I would at the very least be able to see the stage better. Have you noticed that the acoustics are any worse up in the balcony or about the same?

Edit : I just noticed a couple of people are already voicing their concerns about the venue to Rob on twitter. It must be pretty bad.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 02-22-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    For any Toronto concert-goer, the Sound Academy has been the kiss of death for some time now. Book anywhere but there is pretty much the motto. I will say that they have done some renovations and made some improvements (it used to be MUCH worse, if you can believe that). Problem is, they either have by far the cheapest contracts and/or the best booking agent in the world, as they basically get all of the best non arena shows in the city now. As a result I'm forced to go there much more than I would like, and it's a shame too because in the summer it's an awesome view of the city and nice to be down by the water. They also have ideal smoking conditions for a toker like myself. A few bands have managed to surpass the acoustic issues since they've opened it up a bit more, TV on the Radio being one of them. I've also seen pretty decent shows from Queens and Them Crooked Vultures there, as well as Deftones, M83, and Alexisonfire.

At the end of the day, of course I would have preferred the highly underrated and vastly underused Kool Haus, and this is far from ideal but it's manageable. Just don't expect to be able to move around much, don't drink or use the bathroom (no soap no hope you touch your dick you wash your hands! if you've ever taken a piss there you will get that joke), don't expect to be able to go out to your car to dump any merch/poster (so fucking stupid), and expect for it to be filled with way more people than it can be expected to reasonably hold for that kind of venue, and you'll make it through just fine. Sometimes the hate for the building becomes larger than life, but it's really just another poorly thought out venue. I think if they didn't book SOO many shows and gave some other places a shot at some decent acts, their reputation wouldn't be nearly as bad. That, and if they sold a lot less tickets (or if you are seeing an act that won't sell out), as I've also been there when they cut the floor in half and it is a million fucking times better that way.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Anyword on what time the presale takes place? And where?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Anyword on what time the presale takes place? And where?
    Not sure about time yet, but I'm positive it will be through Modlife. From the tour site:

"We're working with a new partner, Modlife, for HTDA ticketing, merch, and album sales. We think this will lead to a better purchasing experience all around."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really hope that they announce the presale times soon. I'm going to have to secure the "F5 time" off from work. . .

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    It sucks that the NJ show is right outside NYC, because to get to either one would cost as much, if not more, than the ticket itself. I mean, I should be glad I could potentially get there with a combination of train and bus, but it's just not going to happen.
    Good luck to everyone else.