Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Gladcarrot! Thanks again for the Aragon boots man!
    Expect more if all goes well!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    So is New York completely done?

Like on Friday there's no more tickets? Is it going to be the worst seats in the whole world?
    better not be.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    expect more if all goes well!
    yes! Tits yes!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok so I just bought tix of Ticketmaster for the Apollo just now. When I tried 2 hours ago there was nothing so I suggest everyone try.

Lower Mezzanine Row G. I don't know how or why but whatever I'll take it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Prices??? Only one mention of prices in this thread? Are they they same for every show?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @frankie teardrop I didn't experience any site lag myself. Refreshed exactly at noon. Added one show to my cart, continued shopping, added the next show to the cart and checked out. I understand that others might not have had the same experience. I had missed out on a different pre-sale today as I mentioned. I attribute it to timing. I understand that the importance of feedback to facilitate change. Feedback doesn't only need to be negative. Stating some positive feedback doesn't mean I'm garbling his balls. The system was designed to sell tickets. They sold. We can continue the discussion via PM if you wish. Some people might want to stay on topic.

In the digital age payment means securing the sale. I have crap that sits in my Amazon cart for a rainy day. Until I've paid it isn't mine and if Amazon runs out of stock I'm out of luck. Tickets are just the same. It is a luxury to have Ticketmaster hold tickets for you while you finish the transaction, and they charge dearly for it.

My post wasn't meant as boastful, solely as a counterbalance of positive feedback to all the negative feedback.
    Last edited by rorycash; 02-27-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Prices??? Only one mention of prices in this thread? Are they they same for every show?
    They vary from venue to venue. Pre-sale for Boston was $40, Wellmont was $55.50

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Apollo bound..

Finally.

Tickets are still out there folks. Be diligent.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rorycash View Post
    Sorry you didn't get pre-sale tickets. My post was merely pointing out that ticketing comes down to timing and luck. TR has always paid mindful attention to his fans regarding ticketing. I don't think there is more that they could be doing or I believe TR would have had it done. You used to actually have to go to the box office or a physical ticketing outlet and get in an actual queue to get tickets. Whoever was in front in line got the tickets, whoever was in back didn't. No one should have to tell you to pay for them "NOW", it is implicit.

Not only did TR encourage everyone to make an account and get their affairs in order, but he also hinted at the tickets being available at another ticketing outlet for presale (and provided links to their site on the live presale page). Not to mention that public on sale is the day after tomorrow. That is three opportunities to get tickets. Back in the day you used to only have one. Not to mention all the safe guards he is putting in place to keep the tickets in the hands of fans. What more do you want from the man? He can't be a pioneer every flawed industry. Timing and luck. Good luck to you.
    No worries! I never once aimed my critique at HTDA or TR. It was at Modlife. I'm not complaining as so much recommending a fix to the system, or the inclusion of that note in the fine print to let people know that it's a first pay-first served basis.

Many people assumed the ticketing system worked similar to that of Ticketmaster and took their time once the tickets were in the cart. A little heads up next time around could hopefully steer a few angry commenters into a shoulder shrug of being too slow.

I work with IT design and was just commenting on what I figured was a flaw in the payment process. Consider it a constructive critique to Modlife, not to HTDA.

(Oh and I snagged two from the other outlet, at an additional $25 bucks mind you)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    @rorycash - positive feedback doesn't mean boasting about your luck and constantly praising trent for his innovative thinking, especially given the primary source of frustration is an obvious flaw in the modlife system that should be addressed. it has nothing to do with TR or the band, which is why i found it a bit bizarre for you to bring that into the discussion.

you're one of the few who had luck, while the majority had issues. i'm glad it worked out for you honestly. it didn't for a lot of people and the obvious problem was selling tickets out from under people's carts. that is a problem and should be addressed. maybe my word choice was a bit harsh but you're in the minority of issueless people so that doesn't necessarily qualify a successful ticketing system. it's one thing for no tickets to be available- it's another entirely when you have them secured and can't get to the payment screen without them being sold out from under you. just to be clear i didn't hesitate at all once they were in my cart and this still happened.

and that's the last i'll write on that, as i just got two tickets thanks to @halo33 via ticketmaster. i still can't seem to pull anything up if i go there myself, but bless!
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 02-27-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I see my transaction in my account order history, and it says "order received", but still no confirmation email. Credit card was charged. Email receipt not in spam folder. Just contacted modlife. Waiting for response. . .

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post

and that's the last i'll write on that, as i just got two tickets thanks to @halo33 via ticketmaster. i still can't seem to pull anything up if i go there myself, but bless!
    I've got the touch..I've got the power.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Bahston! How tah destroy angels, brah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm always lurking on here... but I successfully snatched a ticket to Denver, CO thanks to the tips from ETS members. If HTDA pre-sales were this 'intense', I can't even fathom the idea of how insane NIN ticket sales will be. Regardless, though, I'm extremely stoked to see HTDA.

Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I see my transaction in my account order history, and it says "order received", but still no confirmation email. Credit card was charged. Email receipt not in spam folder. Just contacted modlife. Waiting for response. . .
    Weird... I got an e-mail immediately. I guess we can assume that the order went through since your card was charged, so I hope you get that all figured out.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    yay. managed to snag a ticket for Chicago~!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

I give the band a lot of credit for having the regular ticket venues put up their tickets after the presales sold out. Clearly they knew they didn't have a lot of tickets and didn't want anyone to be disappointed today. Well played HTDA.

I am extremely disappointed in modlife but I knew they sucked going into this. I just didn't know they sucked this bad. No worries, I got a ticket so I'm happy. I do worry about the chaos that will be NIN presales through modlife.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    @rorycash. . . it's one thing for no tickets to be available- it's another entirely when you have them secured and can't get to the payment screen without them being sold out from under you. just to be clear i didn't hesitate at all once they were in my cart and this still happened.
    Well obviously these tickets weren't "secured" or you would've been able to purchase them. Also, perhaps it's a good time to stop and wonder how many of us would've even had tickets in our cart if this system was run in a manner in which the tickets were held for a period of time once in the cart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I do worry about the chaos that will be NIN presales through modlife.
    Are we sure Modlife will also be handling NIN? I mean, it totally makes sense to use the same fulfillment partner for both bands, but since the scale of NIN is much greater, they could possibly go with someone else for that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Can we post all the prices we know about? I'm curious.

04.13.2013 Las Vegas, NV
    04.17.2013 Monterey, CA
    04.18.2013 San Francisco, CA
    04.21.2013 Denver, CO
    04.23.2013 Chicago, IL
    04.25.2013 Toronto, ON - $44
    04.27.2013 Boston, MA - $40
    04.28.2013 Montclair, NJ - $55.50
    04.29.2013 New York, NY
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 02-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    of course, @LexTron6K . it's obvious there were very few tickets. my point is simply this: i find it considerably less frustrating to be told there are no tickets available at all then being able to easily put two in your cart, get to the billing page, and then find out that you don't have them after all, especially when you throw site lag into the equation. that's all.

@Canuckle below... if that's the case, then yes- definitely good thinking!
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 02-27-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just a heads up for people who want Toronto tickets.... there are still some available on the TM pre-sale!

I like to think this was HTDA's idea to open up the TM presale after seeing the frustration of the Modlife. If so, congrats HTDA on understanding the plight of the fans!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

04.13.2013 Las Vegas, NV
    04.17.2013 Monterey, CA
    04.21.2013 Denver, CO
    04.23.2013 Chicago, IL
    04.25.2013 Toronto, ON
    04.27.2013 Boston, MA - $45
    04.29.2013 New York, NY
    Do you want Modlife or TM prices?

Toronto:

Modlife GA - $44.00
    TM GA - $51.75
    TM VIP - $69.75

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Do you want Modlife or TM prices?

Toronto:

Modlife GA - $44.00
    TM GA - $51.75
    TM VIP - $69.75
    Sorry, yeah Modlife.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    So is presale for SF sold out or not, because I can't click a damn thing. I just got my break at work (way later than expected) and I'm gutted that I missed the presale. There were two other bands that I was supposed to do presale for today too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    So is presale for SF sold out or not, because I can't click a damn thing. I just got my break at work (way later than expected) and I'm gutted that I missed the presale. There were two other bands that I was supposed to do presale for today too.
    Wait, what? I thought it wasn't happening until noon.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

04.13.2013 Las Vegas, NV
    04.17.2013 Monterey, CA
    04.21.2013 Denver, CO
    04.23.2013 Chicago, IL
    04.25.2013 Toronto, ON - $44
    04.27.2013 Boston, MA - $45
    04.29.2013 New York, NY
    Boston was $40, not $45

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Remember, noon local time... I assume this means you have ~20 minutes to memorize your credit card info.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Wait, what? I thought it wasn't happening until noon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Remember, noon local time... I assume this means you have ~20 minutes to memorize your credit card info.

Oh, thank god! I read the stupid regular on sale of 10am and mixed it up with the presale time. I didn't even see the presale time column until right now. This is a good time for that "facepalm" click. Yes! I'm so excited now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Are we sure Modlife will also be handling NIN? I mean, it totally makes sense to use the same fulfillment partner for both bands, but since the scale of NIN is much greater, they could possibly go with someone else for that.
    I hope they do. I've never had a good modlife experience.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Whew, easy peasy! I was nervous after reading the bad experiences others had, but it went rather smoothly for me.