Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Anyone that purchased tickets receive an email confirmation yet?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    again, see post above. unless ticketmaster let some out of the gate when they shouldn't have (still waiting for nine inch nerd's tale here), presales like this don't let you know what seat you're getting until the tickets arrive. this was the case with nick cave, dead can dance, and i feel like i saw something on the HTDA small text about this. the ebay thing is likely bullshit.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Poop. I also messed up (taking time to change shipping address...wtf did I need to do that for??) and of course they were gone by the time I could finish. It would be nice if they did hold a ticket for you once you made a selection. What's the point of going through the other screens if not?!

But congrats to those who got something. I'll try at the public sale on Friday. :-)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm in for Boston now hoping for an official taping policy !!!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    again, see post above. unless ticketmaster let some out of the gate when they shouldn't have (still waiting for nine inch nerd's tale here), presales like this don't let you know what seat you're getting until the tickets arrive. this was the case with nick cave, dead can dance, and i feel like i saw something on the HTDA small text about this. the ebay thing is likely bullshit.
    Even though it wasn't advertized anywhere I could find; ticketmaster.com was selling a limited number of tickets for the NYC show at the same as the HTDA presale.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    <--- Personally thinks scalpers or ticket-resellers who sell tics to any event at a higher cost than face value are part of the scummiest people on earth

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    ok so now ticketmaster has some up under "fan presale" but only upper level, left side? can't even pull one for the apollo. wtf is that shit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this is some shit man..lots of pissed off ppl

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This presale was a lot smoother than I have had in the past with NIN and far superior to the Crowdsurge one for the YYYs this morning. Got shut out by the YYYs and got two dates from HTDA. I can accept that. I think every ticketing system has flaws and the HTDA camp gave us lots of fair warning and extra efforts to try and level the playing field. It is always going to come down to timing and luck. At least they are putting a great deal of effort into getting the tickets to fans first. Hopefully they will make all the necessary tweaks before the NIN presales go live. Good luck everyone trying for public onsale.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    ON FACEBOOK

Presales begin in less than an hour for New York, New Jersey, Boston, and Toronto shows. Followed by Chicago, then Denver, then the California shows. Be sure to read the instructions and make sure you have a free HTDA account set up prior t
    o presale time:http://tour.destroyangels.com/

Remember, the presales are only for a small portion of tickets that we have direct access to, so don't worry if you miss out; you'll still be able to purchase tickets. Once a presale has sold out, we'll immediately activate the general on-sale "buy" button on our tour page, directing you to purchase tickets from the venue ticketing system.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    double post, sorry

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    livenation.com is also currently selling tickets for Boston GA. Just started a transaction for 4 tickets with no hesitation from the site. . .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rorycash View Post
    This presale was a lot smoother than I have had in the past with NIN and far superior to the Crowdsurge one for the YYYs this morning. Got shut out by the YYYs and got two dates from HTDA. I can accept that. I think every ticketing system has flaws and the HTDA camp gave us lots of fair warning and extra efforts to try and level the playing field. It is always going to come down to timing and luck. At least they are putting a great deal of effort into getting the tickets to fans first. Hopefully they will make all the necessary tweaks before the NIN presales go live. Good luck everyone trying for public onsale.
    Personally, I would of appreciated a warning telling me that the tics in my cart are up for grabs so if I want them, I should pay for them NOW.

Angry; but that will subside and I will try again on Friday.

More of a piece of feedback for modlife than anything.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The issue with that is people would add them to their cart, then leave them there until their cart expired in ten minutes. Then ten minutes later there were tickets available again for a moment, until someone snapped them up. I'm guessing that's what they're trying to avoid with this system.
    So you think people who type slower should be discriminated against?

I had them in my cart for less than two minutes before it updated as no longer available. If you can't checkout in ten minutes, and someone else is sitting there F5ing away, then yes, they should get the damn tickets. On one of the NIN shows I got in after about 40 minutes of sitting on the site F5ing. Perceverence rewarded.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Perseverance is always rewarded I went to the last 2009 4 NY shows and also the Last LA shows by trying my hardest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    livenation.com is also currently selling tickets for Boston GA. Just started a transaction for 4 tickets with no hesitation from the site. . .
    I just tried this. It's working. How's it even possible?!?!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    After reading about the alleged Ticketmaster presales, I just checked and saw this: " More Info »presale begins:Wed, 02/27/13
    10:00 AM" Huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YES!

------------------------------------------------------
    1 x 04.23.2013 - Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre (GA) (HTTX006) = $43.50
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub-Total: $43.50
    Total: $43.50

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I would like to thank the ETS members from Eastern Time Zone for their ticket buying advice. I had no problems getting a pair of tickets for Chicago. To the Mountain and Pacific Time Zone ETSers, make sure you are logged in and have all your account info up to date and make sure your credit card number is memorized

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's nice that they are opening up the normal ticket sellers once the pre-sale allocation evaporates.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Personally, I would of appreciated a warning telling me that the tics in my cart are up for grabs so if I want them, I should pay for them NOW.

Angry; but that will subside and I will try again on Friday.

More of a piece of feedback for modlife than anything.
    Sorry you didn't get pre-sale tickets. My post was merely pointing out that ticketing comes down to timing and luck. TR has always paid mindful attention to his fans regarding ticketing. I don't think there is more that they could be doing or I believe TR would have had it done. You used to actually have to go to the box office or a physical ticketing outlet and get in an actual queue to get tickets. Whoever was in front in line got the tickets, whoever was in back didn't. No one should have to tell you to pay for them "NOW", it is implicit.

Not only did TR encourage everyone to make an account and get their affairs in order, but he also hinted at the tickets being available at another ticketing outlet for presale (and provided links to their site on the live presale page). Not to mention that public on sale is the day after tomorrow. That is three opportunities to get tickets. Back in the day you used to only have one. Not to mention all the safe guards he is putting in place to keep the tickets in the hands of fans. What more do you want from the man? He can't be a pioneer every flawed industry. Timing and luck. Good luck to you.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    It's what I've always said, getting tickets online is just way too fucking convenient.

I would rather get my ass to the ticketing agent and camp out before it opens at least you knew or had a rough idea from the line up and people in front of you whether or not your local show would sell out if you got there early enough.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    I would like to thank the ETS members from Eastern Time Zone for their ticket buying advice. I had no problems getting a pair of tickets for Chicago. To the Mountain and Pacific Time Zone ETSers, make sure you are logged in and have all your account info up to date and make sure your credit card number is memorized
    Have your credit card number copy and pasted and ready to go. :-)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    @rorycash - you don't need to garble his balls either, jesus. there were some inherent flaws with the system here and it's valid to point them out- some people were ready to pay immediately, but still couldn't check out their tickets from in their cart due to severe site lag. honestly, that's the one good thing about ticketmaster- those tickets are reserved until you pay or you blow it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Gladcarrot! Thanks again for the Aragon boots man!

I, like many others, had two tickets in my cart but was unable to purchase them. After refreshing for a handful of minutes I realized that the "Presale" button on the left said "Sold Out." So I clicked on the "On Sale" button to the right, and BAM!, I've got a pair of tickets through Jam Productions. Unfortunately I won't be the first in at The Vic, but I will be the first of the non NIN presales.

Mooseknuckle?!?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrekke View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-to-2-TIX-H...item460a9c1da2

Fucking crazy, I tell ya.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well. I bit on the TM/LN "pre-sale" and snagged two for Boston.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miked732 View Post
    and if you go through ticketmaster.com (and NOT the link on the tour page) you can tickets to the Appollo show!
    no you can't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So is New York completely done?

Like on Friday there's no more tickets? Is it going to be the worst seats in the whole world?

GOD DAMN FUCK BALLS

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Anyone that purchased tickets receive an email confirmation yet?
    Yes, from the pre sale HTDA order (montclair) and from the normal sale (nyc) by ticketmaster.com
    Directly after the purchase.