Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I didn't watch this stream cause I still want to be surprised by some stuff. I did look at the new exotics though

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Stuck at lvl 32. Since there's just a week away until expansion, should I even bother trying to find a raid party? Not sure what to really do aside from just goofing off in crucible or doing dailys.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Stuck at lvl 32. Since there's just a week away until expansion, should I even bother trying to find a raid party? Not sure what to really do aside from just goofing off in crucible or doing dailys.
    No, most of that shit will be pointless and useless anyways. I'm at 32, I traded the game months ago and I guarantee if I buy Taken King sometime I'll be ok that I didn't even bother with House of Wolves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went from level 30 to 34 in 90 minutes today. All I did was the weekly strike and 4 bounties

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The new cap is 34 for everyone, but it's only until Tuesday. As soon as TTK drops, everything will be based off experience, so you will be able to hit the new cap (40), without doing the raid. Remember how if you had raid gear, you were 32, and people who didn't have raid gear were 30? Everyone will be able to hit 40 this time around, and your light level will be based off of your gear. Highest I've seen yet is 169.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No worries then. I'm in the 160-163 range. I get this feeling that that 18th patch is the expansion, and we're just waiting for it to unlock.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The frustrating part is how light level still vwry much matters... Much more so than your regular level.

Also, weirdly, since light level affects your damage out put from weapons, and light is a factor of all of your attacks and defense stats, the defense stats on your armor affect the damage of your weapon. Just crazy. I think the new system is a little worse if just for being more complicated.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't really understand (yet) how it really becomes a factor. The original way was essentially just an item level. It was annoying trying to get the light up though. In FFXIV, you hit the cap, and then get better gear while getting your item level up. So, it's kinda similar, I guess?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I, for one, am not a fan of the new light system and how it all works. I am at 169 with all of my characters, but the fact that a cloak from HOW is only 3 defense or whatever?? I know you can upgrade other items to a higher level, but a starting level at 3 for an item that was in the last expansion? It seems like HOW was just a waste at this point. And I thought The Dark Below was bad.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think it's just old gear with the new system, kinda like how a weapon had a 365 damage last week, now has 170. And before, cloaks, bonds, and marks didn't factor in at all with damage. I bet new gear, or even rarer, harder to find gear, will offer more. But I don't think a class item with be a deal breaker. The cool thing I like about having a faction, is you earn rep for that faction for the week, and you're not stuck wearing that ugly new monarchy cloak to do it haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I, for one, am not a fan of the new light system and how it all works. I am at 169 with all of my characters, but the fact that a cloak from HOW is only 3 defense or whatever?? I know you can upgrade other items to a higher level, but a starting level at 3 for an item that was in the last expansion? It seems like HOW was just a waste at this point. And I thought The Dark Below was bad.
    What did I say? Their choices going forward ALWAYS completely ignore, backtrack and flat-out make past updates/expansions pointless.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Here is an example:https://twitter.com/SamArcs6/status/642754516857823233

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    What did I say? Their choices going forward ALWAYS completely ignore, backtrack and flat-out make past updates/expansions pointless.
    Um, how about the enjoyment of playing them, beating them, getting all the gear? And doing all those things with your friends, meeting new friends?
    Pointless? Hardly. Nothing lasts forever, I don't know what the hell you want from any game, much less this one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Here is an example:https://twitter.com/SamArcs6/status/642754516857823233

Um, how about the enjoyment of playing them, beating them, getting all the gear? And doing all those things with your friends, meeting new friends?
    Pointless? Hardly. Nothing lasts forever, I don't know what the hell you want from any game, much less this one.
    Of course but them changing how shit is equipped, how it performs and the power behind it is asinine. To me, anyways.

I still play Gears of War from xbox 360 and that game is 9 years old. I'm not that much of an asshole as it seems. Destiny just burned my ass with the money aspect in the end and numerous mindless changes like Exotic weapons and upgrading them.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-12-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So what's everyone think? You gonna be ready to raid on Friday?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've just been goofing around. If I didn't have a shit ton of other things happen irl, I'd probably hit 40 no problem.

Edit:

Stormcaller...holy shit...
    Last edited by Piko; 09-15-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So far, I really love the story, and they brought the other characters into the game finally which is something I have been hoping for. Now that I have indulged into all the new info, I just want the raid to come now . I have only messed with my Hunter so far, but the Nightstalker sub-class is pretty dam cool. I cannot wait to try everything out here, even if I have already leveled to 40. This expansion has been pretty refreshing so far.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Honestly, I hit 40 by doing like 8 bounties, and only 5 missions, now its just a matter of getting gear. My light is as about 215, with my highest gun being 244, and highest armor piece is 245, which is a helmet. I did snag a new monarchy sidearm, which looks and fires like a damn 9mm glock. Have you guys done the SABER strike yet? That was tons of fun, with the electricity part you had to navigate, and the disappearing floor! Almost made you forget the recycled Rasputin's bunker haha. And the solar hammer Titan is the shit!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hitting 40 isn't hard at all. At 38 now. Like you said, it's the gear you really need. But, just by doing main story, I'll hit 40. Probably hit 40 today.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    About to hit 40. Light lvl is 196. Once I hit 40, I can equip some legendary gear. So, that will boost me a decent bit. Raid comes out Friday? If so, I'm completely game to run in over the weekend. Psn is lordpiko for those who don't have me on their lists.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yeaa, I hit 40 pretty dam fast myself. I am really liking the fact that there are a lot more choices for guns, and there are some challenging quests that I ran into last night. Really liking everything so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My collector's edition finally came in so I'll be catching on the expansion. I really can't wait. I love all the changes that have been made. I only wish there was matchmaking for the nightfall. If you played any of the level 32 strikes, you'd know that everyone really does work together. I don't see the big deal but whatev.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's stupid. Why raids and NF don't have it is beyond me. Having my doubts on being able to raid. I'm guessing the light lvl for it will probably be around 280. I'm still at 210. Maybe it won't make too much of a difference? Seems like the only way to get marks is from doing dailys, etc. And the recommended light for dailys and weeklys is 240, I think.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-17-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It is 290 for the raid. Just need to start getting some more marks so I can get some better gear. Currently at 240 with my Hunter and now that I fully understand the new system, it works like a breeze. Not too fond of how the exotics work though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I've been having so much fun. Cayde is the funniest dude ever! Currently at 255 with my main, and 215 with my hunter. Haven't touched 3rd character yet, considering deleting and making a warlock. @Wretchedest How you doing? Haven't hooked up with you in a while, you raid ready?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    I've been having so much fun. Cayde is the funniest dude ever! Currently at 255 with my main, and 215 with my hunter. Haven't touched 3rd character yet, considering deleting and making a warlock. @Wretchedest How you doing? Haven't hooked up with you in a while, you raid ready?
    I am steadily progressing and meeting my goals of obtaining specific exotics. I am raid ready and made it to the first boss, but I am out of town until tomorrow night. The raid is amazing. A massive improvement from crotas end, for sure.

First i obtained my Boolean Gemini, a scout rifle that may replace MIDA as my competitive option, then i finished my Chapperone bounty, and now I am working on Ace of Spades. For my final build i need the helmet called "Gravitom Forefeit" i dumped around 250 strange coins on engrams and still didnt get it, so my last moments with the game before i left were really discouraging, and i didnt get to take advantage of the 3 of Coins exploit. I want that jade rabbit, and more chances at graviton, but i wasted EVERYTHING.

I greatly dislike the new light level system, which is a return to the draconian armor based leveling of days past. I am glad i still have my second hunter, but i wish i had a third, it would make life easier.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    250 light. I like the new light system way more. Debating on whether or not to try heroic strikes, even though I'm ten light lvls short.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    250 light. I like the new light system way more. Debating on whether or not to try heroic strikes, even though I'm ten light lvls short.
    Heroics should work at ten under.

I want to point out that this is THE SAME LIGHT LEVEL SYSTEM pre the dark below. Every ten light levels is the equivalent of one level in the previous sytem. This system is much more esoteric and armor dependent than the House of Wolves, which was the most player dependent. Etheric light was easy to obtain and allowed us to wear what we want and play how we wanted, now we are back to slavishly grinding for that one piece of armor we might get, and once again having three of the same class is hetter than diversifying.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Same here, let's do it!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    269 as of this morning. Not sure if or when I'll be on today though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    269 as of this morning. Not sure if or when I'll be on today though.
    Nice, I took some time off of my main, to get get my hunter going. I'll be on tonight, (west coast).